Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
(O&W) Clemson AD says Student Ticket Plant not Settled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

(O&W) Clemson AD says Student Ticket Plant not Settled

Apr 14, 2016, 9:02 AM

Clemson athletic director says student ticket plan not settled

By Mike Eads of the Independent Mail

CLEMSON — A proposal to start charging Clemson students for football tickets hasn't been set yet, and it might not ever be implemented, said Tigers Athletic Director Dan Radakovich.

Responding to a storm of complaints from alumni and students on social media, Radakovich said Wednesday that his department is merely considering the idea of charging students $225 a season for lower level seats.

"It was always a proposal," Radakovich said before a meeting Wednesday of the university trustees at the Madren Conference Center. "We sat down with the students and talked through it, and we were going to talk here about it to the board when it took a left turn."

A petition started at change.org/p/keep-student-tickets-free-at-clemson-university had more than 8,400 student and alumni signatures as of Wednesday night.

Joe Galbraith, Clemson associate athletic director of communications, said that under the proposal Clemson would "continue to provide an allotment of free tickets to students wanting to attend Clemson football games, just as they enjoy to each of our athletic events at no cost. We will also provide more seating for students, and new consolidated seating for students where they were spread across multiple sections previously."

Joey Wilson, who recently became undergraduate student body president, told the trustees Wednesday that charging students for tickets would be unfair.

"I believe every student should be able to sit in the lower deck in the future," Wilson said. "This is one of the reasons Clemson has such a loyal fan base. … We definitely don't want to divide the students between the haves and the have-nots."

Radakovich didn't say when a final decision about the issue might be made. He added that he's open to suggestions, but pointed out that Clemson is only ACC school that doesn't charge students for football tickets.

"We're just an outlier, and that's OK; we just need to make sure everyone understands that," he said.

Follow Michael Eads on Twitter @MikeEads_AIM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Agreed...

Apr 14, 2016, 9:08 AM

But I think that once the Littlejohn renovations are complete, we'll see a real uptick in basketball recruiting. I feel giving CBB one more year was the right call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agreed...

Apr 14, 2016, 9:13 AM

We couldn't afford to pay him to walk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product

Apr 14, 2016, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Agreed... ]

Hopefully there will be a lot of Dippin Dots stands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wait what? So he floated the idea to see the reaction and

Apr 14, 2016, 9:23 AM

gave himself some wiggle room?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: (O&W) Clemson AD says Student Ticket Plant not Settled

Apr 14, 2016, 9:51 AM

Nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. Direct or Indirect
Even when students do not show up for a game, someone is paying for it.
Feel the Burn!

Apr 14, 2016, 10:01 AM

D-Rad and co. be like....

Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 AM

"Radakovich didn't say when a final decision about the issue might be made. He added that he's open to suggestions, but pointed out that Clemson is only ACC school that doesn't charge students for football tickets."

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Student-ticket-plan-How-compare-national-powers-14753

According to ^ this ^ Tigernet story, Wake, UVa, UNC, NC State, Miami and Duke don't charge students for tickets either.

Looks like the Clemson plan is exactly like what FSU does.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Apr 14, 2016, 11:14 AM

UVA, Wake, UNC, and NCST charge fees to every student for tickets even if they do not attend games. UVA is almost $700 a year. Miami and Duke do not have to report because they are private.

null

Apr 14, 2016, 10:23 AM

seems a ticket plant WOULD solve all this, students can just grow their own and not have to pay all that monies.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support home grown Plants - tomatoes, squash etc. The ....

Apr 14, 2016, 10:55 AM

"etc." makes the others taste better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's next???......

Apr 14, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: (O&W) Clemson AD says Student Ticket Plant not Settled ]

A Money Tree???.....:)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2016, 11:59 AM

Drad needs to reconsider the whole concept! He has not taken Collegiate IPTAY into consideration. He should offer students an option to pay added funds of $25.00 per home game for better seating, but otherwise charge all students a flat fee for overall support of all Tiger sports. Ten dollars per student annually would regenerate plenty of additional funding.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic