Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal

Dec 31, 2019, 1:51 PM

Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal

Wake Forest quarterback Jamie Newman made a surprise entry into the transfer portal on Tuesday. Newman has a year of eligibility left and is a graduate transfer Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal

Dec 31, 2019, 2:35 PM

Well we know who the 2020 Oklahoma QB is going to be.

Dec 31, 2019, 2:45 PM

Probably, after what he saw what they did for Hurt. LSU could be a destination also with them needing a QB with that offense.

https://twitter.com/jlmn12_/status/1212074916733997056?s=20

Dec 31, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal ]

?? if I was the kid I’d go to Oregon. They’ll have a better shot at actually making noise in the playoffs than OK will. OK is always over rated to me. They play in the Big 12 which plays no D. They put up 55 points a game but give up 50 routinely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Utah needs a QB too

Dec 31, 2019, 5:39 PM

??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Utah needs a QB too

Dec 31, 2019, 10:11 PM

You don’t think Jake the snake will help them to win a Championship? ??

Oklahoma is probably going to start Spencer Rattler

Dec 31, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal ]

5* recruit that got to sit and learn this year.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wake Forest starting QB enters transfer portal ]

Florida State also needs a quarterback.

Dec 31, 2019, 2:47 PM

LSU will also be in need of a QB.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I dont blame him at all

Dec 31, 2019, 3:49 PM

He knows Wake isnt going to win anything big next year, especially playing in the same division as Clemson so why not transfer to a better program who needs a QB and could make it into a playoff. It all depends o. Wjere he goes but i think heade the toght decision

It’s called quitting on your team if you’re the starter, but

Dec 31, 2019, 4:24 PM

... but, you just don’t like your teams prospects and want greener pastures.

Kinda crappy thing to do for no legitimate reason if you are the starter.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s called quitting on your team if you’re the starter, but

Dec 31, 2019, 5:25 PM

... but, you just don’t like your teams prospects and want greener pastures.

Kinda crappy thing to do for no legitimate reason if you are the starter.

Just because you had success in one program doesnt mean you're going to have it somewhere else. Doesnt mean you are necessarily going to start. Doesnt mean the team you go to is going to have the same success, as there are graduates and your new team has changed. Bloom where you are planted. Every year, NFL teams draft players from teams that didnt win the natty, that are D1, that didnt win a major bowl or even a winning record

Dec 31, 2019, 7:31 PM [ in reply to It’s called quitting on your team if you’re the starter, but ]

This student/athlete has gone to class and is scheduled to graduate/graduated from Wake Forest Univ in 4 years. He prefers to enter graduate school and play football at another school in order to fulfill his dream of playing at the next level. And you make comments like you did above??!!!!!

C’mon man!!!!!!! Don’t be an idiot.........

It’s an opinion, he’s allowed to have one. Wake gave

Dec 31, 2019, 7:44 PM

him a scholarship for 4 years and developed him well over that time. So now he’s quitting and going to “greener” pastures and giving the finger to his school and team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, not sorry. He’s quitting on his team.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s called quitting on your team if you’re the starter, but ]

If he’s the presumptive starter at Wake and he just doesn’t like the prospects because he doesn’t think his team mates are good enough, then what would you call it?

Most guys who transfer do it in order to get to start.

He already has that.

Sounds like he just wants a better team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, not sorry. He’s quitting on his team.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:09 PM

I tend to agree. On the face of it is not a good look. I have not dug into it to understand his reasoning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s called quitting on your team if you’re the starter, but ]

I guess we will see who is the idiot. If hes transferring for the graduate degree, good for him. If we see him interviewing for okla or some other big name, well, hes quitting his team. Like I said, NFL teams draft players who have played in all sorts of situations, not just the ones who have played on playoff teams. Jerry Rice came from a div II school ( mississippi valley st? Or some such place dont remember). You dont have to be on the greatest team, you have to fit their need and be good( or ryan leaf). So dont give me your crap justification on leaving. If its for graduate school, good for him, his education is the most important thing he'll get. If hes transferring to play at a "better" school, hes a quitter. Period.

Dec 31, 2019, 5:17 PM

Article sez he’s a graduate transfer, so seems to me he can do what he wants. Maybe decision is also about what he wants to study in graduate school. I know I’ll always regard DF as a Graduated Tiger Man, even though he played for the Gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 7:51 PM

While I see both sides of the coin on the portal and I'm not sure who DF is, Feaster may have graduated but he'll never be a "Tiger Man" aka "Clemson Man" because to be true to that statement, you could not, should not and would not leave CLEMSON, for any reason, and go to South Carolina and play against your teammates. It tarnishes his legacy (or better yet destroyed it), it was an insult to CJ who graciously lent his number to Feaster (oh yeah, the number that was not necessary to transfer to South Carolina) and he walked out on his "team".

Say what you want about players looking out for their "future" and what not. The reality is that less than 1% of collegiate football players sniff the NFL and even less make any real money or last long enough to save any of it. The player's future is brighter with the bonds that are built with coaches, teammates and alumni......"networking"!!!! To my knowledge not a single starter or player with meaningful snaps has bettered their draft stock or had a more productive year by transferring. I may miss an outlier but Kelly B, Scott Pagano, Feaster, etc. all failed to improve their stock. Now others, like Zerrick Cooper, Hunter Johnson and even Kelly B (who was not going to play) all moved on to see more playing time and it was obvious that they would get more time if they left. I totally understand all of them, and the unnamed others in the same situation, leaving for that reason. If you play and want to see time on the field, then it often makes sense and I understand not wanting to just sit on the bench all the time when you have the talent to play the game at the collegiate level at another stop. South Carolina, however, is not a stop that I can accept and I'm not alone.

Feaster on the other hand, was ill advised and made a very poor choice. Most folks realized that the day he signed with South Carolina but others had to see the result for themselves to finally accept it. Others yet, may still be blinded, but the reality speaks for itself. Subpar team, terrible season, mediocre rushing results for Feaster and bottom line.... he quit on his team. The game is a TEAM sport. The team could have used him this year. He would have had a bunch of touches and much better stats. Dabo would have promoted him as an NFL back and at worst he could have had a future with the coaches and/or alumni. Many of us alums would never hire him now and I'll bet he will never coach as a grad assistant or anything else at Clemson during Dabo's tenure.

Happy New Year to all of you Tiger Fans!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2019, 9:12 PM

Given Feasters blocking skills he would have seen a lot of touches this year and would probably be a key piece in this CFP

Missing a lot of exposure opportunity

UVA is gonna need a QB

Dec 31, 2019, 5:26 PM

but, if I was him I'd probably consider Oklahoma or LSU first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$omebody Ha$

Dec 31, 2019, 5:42 PM

$$$$$omebody has got in his head and told him with his skill set he could take his draft stock up several spots if he goes to their school. I am sure he knows where he's headed right now! Jamie Newman was everything for Wake.

But, Suratt being gone and maybe Washington, I don't blame him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU needs a QB also with new coach

Dec 31, 2019, 7:57 PM

I could see him go to FSU. Heck UGA is gonna need a QB as well.

Re: $omebody Ha$

Dec 31, 2019, 8:42 PM [ in reply to $omebody Ha$ ]

Dont get me wrong, I only watched him a few games, but what I saw was less than impressive. Part of it was scheme imo because of the crazy way they mesh on RPOs is asking to get blown up against decent defenses. Part of it is that they feasted on bad teams, but lost to anyone with a pulse even before Surrat and Washington got hurt. And part of it were just some really bad reads. He can throw ok, but his WRs were a huge part imo. I think Sam Hartman is a very capable starter for them next season.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic