Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC over coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

UNC over coots

Jul 15, 2013, 12:20 AM

Just browsing through some spring game film and I can see an upset as a possibility.

The TarHoles run an up-tempo offense similar to (but no where as good as nor as talented as) what Clemson runs. And how do you slow down a talented DL? A fast paced O. Mix in some misdirection stuff and you've got a shot. They also spread the ball around.

Hopefully they pick up on the fact that you gotta put a couple of hats on No7. Chip with a TE or whatnot. They've got some shifty RBs who could develop similar to what Gio Bernard was. Blue and Francis appear to be fast. The draw play could be quite beneficial as Scar has experience at LB.

And then there is Bryn Renner. Hes a good QB but plays for a bad team. I'm not saying hes an NFL qb but he has plenty of tools and plays the position well. He has no problem droppin the ball off to a check down guy- which is good because you don't want a qb forcing the ball. They have no problem going for it on 4th down either with the ball in Renner's hands.

Its possible. Not saying its a pick of the year but it could happen. Renner seems to be a genuine leader. He appears to take calculated risks. Quinshaud Davis is a great X factor. They have a confusing blitz package as well. Go ACC!

It would be the best birthday present ever! TarHoles over dirt peckers and Tigers over ThUGA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC over coots

Jul 15, 2013, 12:29 AM

Uhh.... got ahead of myself. Major typo. ''The draw play could be quite beneficial as Scar has experience at LB.'' Should read, '' as Scar has inexperience at LB.''

They cant run the ball

Jul 15, 2013, 12:31 AM

So I think they make a game out of it but the Cootstains still win it. Defensively the Holes are pretty good , pretty solid . Gives them a chance if they can win the turnover game. I still think that the run game is important against Clowney U.
USuC 22 - 17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Without Giovani Bernard

Jul 15, 2013, 12:38 AM

their run game suffers. And you need to be able to run when you're facing the best pass rusher in the nation (something I thought Chad Morris would have realized a lot better...). I say they keep it interesting but SC makes one crucial defensive stop in the 4th quarter that seals the deal. 24-17 favoring SC.

unc had been forced to go without Bernards services for

Jul 15, 2013, 1:28 AM

weeks at a time on several occasions during his tenure at uncheat. The question being bandied about in Orange Co. these days is whether or not Bernard had a remote possibility of staying academically eligible even if he had remained at unc given persistent rumors of his "participation" in African-American Studies discipline---or lack thereof.

Right now, unc may not have received many awards for football excellence even though their program certainly has taken a forward step in the talent dept.-- one must admit they've "semi-addressed" the depth issue that has long plagued both unc and NCSt. I think it fairly widely acknowledged that unc's backup unit performed better than expected Bernard was absent.

Plus, that division has not been as competitive as forecast in the recent past.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should the Tarholes pull the upset; Vegas reaction

Jul 15, 2013, 12:49 AM

If my birthday wish were to come true here is how the Vegas crew would react to such an upset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdmG0k8S8k

Point!!!

Jul 15, 2013, 1:41 AM

for linking a Papa Roach music video that fits the topic.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Point!!!

Jul 15, 2013, 2:10 AM

Right on. Appreciate it buddy. Didn't think I was the only one who had that taste in the concept. Found it quite fitting.

Jul 15, 2013, 3:42 AM

If I were you(yes I know I'm not) I wouldn't rely too much on spring game films in determining the outcome of the only game on a Thursday nite,and at Williams Brice Stadium no less.
Sure it is a possibility,but a slim one at best.
I give two UNC two chances;slim and none and you about slim.
So now that you have enlightened us with your assessment of UNC,why don't ou share what USC brings into this game.
I suspect the coots won't have too much problem with the Holes.

Game isnt inCharlotte.c***

Jul 15, 2013, 4:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

oops

Jul 15, 2013, 4:23 AM

I heard it was in Charlotte.

DB23

agree. i thought it was bank of america stadium, or whatever

Jul 15, 2013, 4:28 AM

they call it now. i could be wrong, i sure didn't look up anything usuc!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agree. i thought it was bank of america stadium, or whatever

Jul 15, 2013, 4:56 AM

Game is in Columbia according to the coots offical web site.

your right. just went to unc's site. was the last game those

Jul 15, 2013, 5:00 AM

2 teams played ( last year,year before(?)) in chapel hill or charlotte?

Re: agree. i thought it was bank of america stadium, or whatever

Jul 15, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to agree. i thought it was bank of america stadium, or whatever ]

This one is in Columbia, next time we play (2015) will be in Charlotte.

Jul 15, 2013, 7:23 AM

Remember Unc's defense was worst than ours last year. Gt hung 60 something on them and they lost a few of their best defensive players.

So Clemson's fast-paced O has been the key

Jul 15, 2013, 8:13 AM

To stopping SC's defensive line in recent years? :)

no. we also refused to double some of their pass rushers,

Jul 15, 2013, 8:38 AM

which i have yet to understand. i know the chad knows what he is doing, but i do wonder why it felt like we got away from the things we had been doing best, for that particular game. i know he knows, i just don't!

Coots 38 - 17. Heels not enough depth plus on the road.***

Jul 15, 2013, 8:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU has a history of playing poorly in opening games....

Jul 15, 2013, 8:43 AM

especially under Spurrier, and I don't think this one will be any different.

2012 - $CU 17, Vandy 13

2011 - ECU 37, SCU 56

2009 - NC State 3, #CU 7

2007 - ULaLa 14, $CU 28

2006 - MSU 0, $CU 15

2005 - UCF 15, $CU 24

While I think $CU wins, I also think the majority of this game will be pretty close with $CU pulling away late.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: $CU has a history of playing poorly in opening games....

Jul 15, 2013, 9:13 AM

Also, didn't UNC open up pretty strongly last year...I can't even remember who they were playing though

Well...they won their opening game 62 - 0

Jul 15, 2013, 9:21 AM

but they were playing Elon.

A week later, they lost to Wake Forest 28 - 27.

However, in week three they played Lousville pretty close but ultimately lost 39 - 34.

They also lost to Duke

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 15, 2013, 8:31 AM

Usc os overall more talented but unc matches up well. Unc best player is the left takle usc best player is there rush end. Usc is week at safety and lb unc is strong at te wr qb. Unc always has really good lb and d linemen

Jul 15, 2013, 8:52 AM

Point on the thUGA moniker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC by 21+

Jul 15, 2013, 10:00 AM

UNC has the potential to be a good team this year but USC has the potential to be a great team this year. Its in Cola so that is major points in USC's favor. Without Gio bernard Rynner will be on his butt a lot. USC does play bad in openers at times but not this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2013, 10:22 AM

"The TarHoles run an up-tempo offense similar to (but no where as good as nor as talented as) what Clemson runs. And how do you slow down a talented DL? A fast paced O. Mix in some misdirection stuff and you've got a shot. They also spread the ball around."

Yeah that really worked out for Clemson didn't it. Zero fourth Quarter points.

Jul 15, 2013, 12:18 PM

Have we ever seen an offense that never once spuddered? Nope. Oregon doesn't go undefeated every year; nor does Ok State. Does an up tempo O help? Yes indeed it does. Wouldn't you concur that it provides different aspects for a D to prep for and adjust to.

Having some great play by a teams D also helps out when you have that type of O. See last seasons Peach Bowl. (I just can't acknowledge it as the CFA Bowl)

Its fair and safe to say that our O is better than the TarHoles O. Comparing what we did last season vs the dirt peckers is not the angle I took when describing their O vs that D. Our problem was not blocking ''that one fella'' and abandoning the run for a choppy intermediate passing game. OC C.M. will hopefully be a bit more experienced going into this seasons match up. Noting that, Would you not agree that spreading the ball around and giving some assistance in blocking No7 is a good start? And the coots do have a recent history of slow starts to open the year.

Spreading the ball out and having a dual threat QB DOES stop a talented DL. Not always but it is effective. Don't believe me? See Aggies over Tide last season and Real Death Valley Tigers over LSwho.

Obviously I'd like to witness the upset. Would I bet on it? Nah. I think most on TNet would love to see that happen. Not only would it briefly mute the $eC but it would provide some well deserved humble pie for the dirt pecking cluckers who love to crow.

How great would it be to have that upset and us beat the leg humping dogs. Imagine the next week if ThUGA beats the coots and they start 0-2. Talk about humble pie...
GO TIGERS

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic