Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RayRay. Hard working, selfless, low maintenance WR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

RayRay. Hard working, selfless, low maintenance WR

Jan 7, 2018, 2:22 PM

given his 5 star status. Even willing to play some DB for us when things got tough. Ultimate team player. Hate to see him go.

That being said, WR is the one position that can withstand early departures. Best of luck to Ray Ray. Not sure it was the best decision, but hope it works out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don't know that another season at Clemson would

Jan 7, 2018, 2:38 PM

affect his draft status significantly. From an NFL perspective, he is what he is - an undersized WR/DB with good, but not elite speed; a guy who has good instincts and can utilize his athletic ability and quickness to make plays. The positives are somewhat offset by inconsistency and occasional lack of focus. I'm not a talent expert or draft analyst, but I can't see Ray Ray as more than a late round pick or maybe even a free agent signee. I really don't think staying and having a great year next year, which probably won't happen with all of the talent we will have, would change any of that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I really don't know that another season at Clemson would

Jan 7, 2018, 2:40 PM

Agreed. Glad he was a tiger and wish him all the best.

he has elite speed***

Jan 7, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I really don't know that another season at Clemson would ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, no he doesn't***

Jan 7, 2018, 3:38 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can people really think this?***

Jan 7, 2018, 4:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really don't know that another season at Clemson would

Jan 7, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I really don't know that another season at Clemson would ]

I think a team could use him like McCaffery in a way. Also he is a proven PR. He has improved at WR as well. I think he may get some PT his first year. He is an elite athlete. I do think he goes late but you are right about him staying I doubt it would have changed anything no matter what his stats were.

Slot receiver, punt returner, nickel DB...

Jan 7, 2018, 2:54 PM

5th rounder when teams are building depth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teams draft starters in the 5th round***

Jan 7, 2018, 3:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams draft starters in the 5th round***

Jan 7, 2018, 4:42 PM

I will be curious to see how they regard Ray-Ray.

He's got some production but he's also had some ball-security issues, and I have it from some people who definitely know that there was more than some thought he was a very good WR but a potentially elite CB and there was some hope he'd make the jump to that side of the ball. The guy played basically every skill position on offense and across the secondary on defense in high school in addition to returning punts and kicks...whatever, he had some ball skills and some serious versatility. He showed on more than one occasion in practice, anyhow, he could dominate at the CB spot.

He'll test on the stopwatch a good bit better than Artavis Scott, but he also wasn't as productive as Scott was in college either. Though I do know these NFL guys love their stopwatches. A lot.

Be interesting what - if anything - all that means for Ray Ray's draft stock. I myself am never really sure what the NFL will do. These are the guys who decided Deshaun was the third-best QB in the draft last year and who also drafted Grady Jarrett in the fifth round.

Re: RayRay. Hard working, selfless, low maintenance WR

Jan 7, 2018, 3:59 PM

Ray Ray has underperformed and had a maturity problem. This year he got it but before this year he was none of what you claim.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic