Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just to bring this back up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,351

Just to bring this back up

Apr 29, 2020, 10:47 AM

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/clemson/drafted.htm

On record, Carolina is the only NFL team to have never drafted a Clemson player in the NFL's entire history. And Carolina played its first NFL season in Clemson in Death Valley. Did the school #### them off or vice versa? There most have been a "full nest" syndrome that year and the two butted heads and have since decided to distance themselves.

It was actually interesting to go through this list and sort them by team and see who's been stingy and gracious to Clemson nation over the year. The second least was (1) by the Jaguars. Which was the same year the Panthers came on the scene. NewEngland has had 2.

But none of those can say they're the closest NFL team to Clemson. And the rationality is the reason this is a thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL teams are going to draft the player they feel

Apr 29, 2020, 10:58 AM

gives them the best chance to be successful. Period. It is also about timing during the draft.

When you look at the entire Panthers' draft this year and the strategy they had, it made sense taking a DT in the first round as opposed to Simmons. I didn't like it at the time and was disappointed, but by the end of the draft I understood it.

Not everything is some anti-Clemson bias or slight. We are putting more and more players into the league, so eventually Carolina will draft a Clemson player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I can buy the DT over LB argument. Brown is awesome too btw

Apr 29, 2020, 11:45 AM

but where does the 26 years and zilch come into play?

When you're team is surrounded with Clemson fans looking for a reason to support a team? They'll pick a Tarheel or a gamecock or even a App St. Mountaineer in the 7th Round and why would they do that you think? Because he's going to be a sure bet in the NFL? A gamecock, really? MAybe its marketing on some level? Obviously you don't do that just to do that...its when you've got a handful or "maybe's" out there and you choose one that benefits you the most.

I'm not saying you do this every year or even on a regular basis but they don't do this one time in 182 tries...? (0.05%)..you can't pick one regional player in 26 effing years? Its pretty astonishing.

How do you think an NFL team based in lets say, Huntsville, AL would be perceived if they didn't pick a BAMA player in 26 years? Its not like Alabama has been full of scrubs in 26 years... they have quality there..same with Clemson. There is quality there but nope not a sniff.

Its just weird... Any i know you're more the well its more of a business not a personal thing..and yes thats definitely the easy route but... all i can say is they need to get their $&!# together if they want any support out of Tiger Nation. And last i checked that stadium is about half full every game.

I hear you and agree with most of that.

Apr 29, 2020, 12:00 PM

They have given some guys a chance as UDFAs like Ben Boulware. I would like to think it's merely a weird coincidence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ CRUMP, DELETE THIS CRAP!!!!!!! ^^^***

Apr 29, 2020, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is "odd" that the stars haven't aligned; they did give...

Apr 29, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I can buy the DT over LB argument. Brown is awesome too btw ]

Peters & Boulware UFA shots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans***

Apr 29, 2020, 12:09 PM

Panthers finish the season last and have the first pick.

Apr 29, 2020, 11:11 AM

TL has an outstanding year in 2020. Guarantee they'll draft him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how could you gaurantee that? If they have the first pick

Apr 29, 2020, 11:49 AM

next year and its Trevor or Fields..i'd say 75% sure they'd pick Fields...and then you'll see Tigernet melt to the ground.

Re: how could you gaurantee that? If they have the first pick

Apr 29, 2020, 1:38 PM

if TL has a great year, who wouldn't want him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rationally makes sense but If I had to guess of one team

Apr 29, 2020, 2:57 PM

that would shock the world and snub him it would be this team.

Re: Just to bring this back up

Apr 29, 2020, 12:14 PM

What makes this a little more perplexing is the previous owner's son played for Clemson on the 1981 National Championship team. You'd think there would be some bias towards Clemson from that...
But NOOOOOOOO

Apr 29, 2020, 12:14 PM

Didn't the son of the original owner play for Clemson?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 2:25 PM

I think Jerry played at Wofford.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic