Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll watch it.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 252

I'll watch it.....

Nov 7, 2018, 2:20 PM

but, they could have rode this wave in years ago!

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/breaking-bad-movie-in-the-works-1203021681/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rather watch that than 40 something episodes***

Nov 7, 2018, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rather watch that than 40 something episodes***

Nov 7, 2018, 2:52 PM

Seen them all. Last episode was around 2012 or so.

Gotta think they've lost the fans a little by now. Minus the Easter eggs in Better Call Saul, it's hard to recall that long ago. I assumed they would've made way more money if released sooner

...ok? Do you prefer abridged versions of books?***

Nov 7, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Rather watch that than 40 something episodes*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

No, but...

Nov 7, 2018, 3:01 PM

I don't care for the way many TV shows just continue on needlessly when the story would've been much more compelling had it been wrapped up according to principles of plotting/drama rather than according to wanting to make more money on new seasons. It's less akin to reading an abridged version of a novel than it is to just reading something that was planned out and intended to be a discrete length rather than a serialized story that stretches to thousands of pages, written by somebody with no idea of the ending point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. That ain't what Breaking Bad is

Nov 7, 2018, 3:10 PM

2. You must hate Charles Dickens stories.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That really is what they do with these TV shows

Nov 7, 2018, 3:20 PM

They milk every episode they can get out of them, and it makes the plot much looser and less coherent. Movies are just a more satisfying way of watching a story.

I would imagine that serialization of novels also hurts narrative quality, since writers have to produce on a deadline and have to write pieces of certain lengths at a time.

I agree, overall, but that's not what Breaking Bad is/was

Nov 7, 2018, 3:29 PM

Much of its popularity, I'd wager, was due to the fact it was so economical in its narrative.

The counter argument to your point about serialized writing is Charles Dickens being such a prolific serialized writer while at the same time being one of the most beloved writers of all time.

Message was edited by: deweather

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like "The X-Files" - they squeezed that turnip

Nov 7, 2018, 2:39 PM

for every drop it had left.

Re: I'll watch it.....

Nov 7, 2018, 2:58 PM

Oddly enough, I just finished the whole series this morning. It was good, better than I thought it would have been and why it took me forever to watch. Pumped for the movie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a deadwood movie coming too***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A show that ended WAY too soon!***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:30 PM

I saw a movie where Timothy Olyphant played kind of a goofy

Nov 7, 2018, 3:56 PM

idiot. It bugged the #### out of me. Dude is a bad ###. I won't watch any more movies or shows with him in them unless he's playing a bad ###.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's kind of a goofy idiot in the Santa Clarita Diet

Nov 7, 2018, 4:07 PM

but he's absolutely brilliant with it. If you haven't watched that on Netflix, you're missing a good one. He's every bit as accomplished as a comedic actor as he is in a badass action role.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 252
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic