Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril'

Oct 24, 2019, 11:00 AM

National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril'

"Bury Clemson at your own peril." CBS Sports radio host Damon Amendolara addressed some of the concerns about college football pundits over Clemson, which has d Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril'

Oct 24, 2019, 11:05 AM

One very minor point. I appreciate all the Ross love, but do people not ever see Higgins is the one who makes the plays much more consistently? Kid is a STUD. I don't know that he will, but I would love to see him come back next year being that much stronger. Not a knock on Ross, but not sure why he is the first guy people always mention. Higgins is the Better WR right now imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 11:27 AM

I agree that Higgins seems to be more consistent. I have been somewhat surprised by all the dropped balls from Ross this season. Most of those I felt like he would have caught last year. But the others haven't been perfect either I guess. I do feel like Trevor gets blamed for a drop off, when in reality, a lot of it is simply passes that would have been caught last year by the receivers. He has still thrown more interceptions, but he will clean that up.

I think our Tigers will be fine. We are winning by about the same amount as last year. Our defense is better than expected. Imagine what happens to everyone when it all comes together at the same time. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine. We saw a preview against Alabama last time we played them.

Oct 24, 2019, 12:26 PM

Absolutely!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril' ]

I think Trevor is suffering from a little touch of Aaron Rogers-itis. He is going for home run balls too often and trying to force it, when other receivers are open. This can be easily fixed. He certainly hasn't regressed any in skill.

What gets me about the polls is that many of the folks down-voting Clemson this year are the same people in years past when Ohio State was number 1 and barely winning close games would say, "You can't drop them in the polls as long as they are winning."

Subtitle: "Bury Trevor at your own peril'!

Oct 25, 2019, 3:09 AM

I think he wilL get better every game, and like Watson, be at his best the last part of season. Then, many will be lamenting the fact that the best QB did not win the HEISMAN.

People mention Ross first because

Oct 25, 2019, 5:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril' ]

he made the circus catches and the long TD in the national championship game.

Most people who talk about sports only saw that game, or maybe only even saw the highlights of that game.

No biggie though. Ross and Higgins are both awesome and deserve a lot of praise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People mention Ross first because

Oct 25, 2019, 5:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: National talk show host: 'Bury Clemson at your own peril' ]

he made the circus catches and the long TD in the national championship game.

Most people who talk about sports only saw that game, or maybe only even saw the highlights of that game.

No biggie though. Ross and Higgins are both awesome and deserve a lot of praise.

Some underling must have mistyped "Bury" for "Buy" ...

Oct 24, 2019, 11:19 AM

Now CBS execs are planning on firing this guy.

Always proofread what you typf.

Message was edited by: clemchem®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the national football media, he's an abberation

Oct 24, 2019, 11:23 AM

with that kind of a take. It's unbelievable how the consensus has become so twisted. It's a bandwagon effect, in my opinion. Unable to watch every game played by every team and do their own in depth analysis, they rely heavily on what they are hearing, and parrot accordingly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Rat poison***

Oct 24, 2019, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rat poison***

Oct 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

Is that you Nick ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do live in Alabama***

Oct 24, 2019, 2:52 PM

Re: Rat poison- is this why PF looks like a rat?

Oct 24, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Rat poison*** ]

Oh not as much as coach K but still very rodent like

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds legit.

Oct 24, 2019, 12:31 PM

Prob'ly be fired over the weekend.

OHIO STATE??? They have played NO ONE...

Oct 24, 2019, 1:02 PM

Watch out for a wounded Wisconsin team this weekend. But if OSwho goes undefeated, i want them in the playoffs again.

Come to think of it, Bama hasn't played anyone either.

Oct 24, 2019, 1:03 PM

Said it last week and will say it again. DA has one of the best talk shows around. No he doesn't always say things I like but he is very objective and tries to leave his "heart" out of the discussion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

I agree. The few times I've listened to DA he always sounds well informed and doesn't get into silly histrionics like most of the ##### out there. He's making sense here.

Oct 24, 2019, 1:06 PM

This guy just sealed the end of his career with CBS, but he’s right.

A sensible take, that’s weird.***

Oct 24, 2019, 1:50 PM

I'm sure he has been censured by now, if not fired outright.

Oct 24, 2019, 2:08 PM

What was he thinking, not sticking with the programmed responses?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 2:05 PM

Bro...sheesh it...dont you know little ole Clemson isnt elite...be careful talking like that.(Heavy sarcasm)

Go Tigers

who cares?***

Oct 24, 2019, 2:19 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

We are the best Team Ever on a 22 game win streak!

Oct 24, 2019, 3:23 PM

We have backed up our talk with wins against the best in blowout fashion! Tiger they Hate Hee!

We are going to..... lay the smack talk down with our play as the Best team ever with Best as the standard does!

We will even be a better best team ever next year. The Tigers are a Dynasty and they hate it but it’s reality.

I hope Herby doesn’t lose his job because we are the Best ever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: We are the best Team Ever on a 22 game win streak!

Oct 24, 2019, 8:58 PM

I'm not overly fond of exclamation points, but one thing you said is really scary: we will be even better next year.

We lose very few seniors, though maybe a few juniors declare and will leave big shoes.

So long as this team continues to mature, somebody needs to find us some competition.

Oct 24, 2019, 8:10 PM

I wonder how many of those buttplugs would put $10,000 on a straight up yes-or-no whether we are in the last 4 standing or not...

Oct 24, 2019, 9:25 PM

He forgot to mention Bama.....guess he figured no use bringing them up based on what happened last season.....totally understandable..... 44 - 16.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Smart man!

Oct 25, 2019, 7:16 PM

Killer delivery

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic