Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rat Beenie Picture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Rat Beenie Picture

Nov 12, 2013, 10:01 PM

Last week someone asked for a picture of a Rat Cap, which from my recollection we called them a Beenie. This is a picture of my beenie from 1966.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rat Beenie Picture

Nov 12, 2013, 10:03 PM

I hope it attached this time.

1962, I was wearing mine in Atlanta, and some thug snatched

Nov 12, 2013, 10:37 PM

it and ran into alley. I started to run after him, then thought better of it. I went across street, and kept my eye on ally. After a few minutes, 3 thugs came out. I am glad I did not chase all the way in, as they were obviously going to mug me. No, they had no tech.gear on. However, stealing rival beanies was a big deal back then.

Nov 13, 2013, 9:07 AM
image.jpg(728.2 K)
image.jpg(735.5 K)

Here are two shots of my "Rat Hat" from 1965. I got caught leaving the dorm one time and Rat Court sentenced me to beat the drum in front of Thomas Greene statute for an hour. The drum was beaten continuously before the NC State game. My head has gotten a lot larger since those days or else I would have modeled it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 9:12 AM

My date, future husband, was wearing his in Greenville and we were stopped for a red light downtown. Some guy ran to the car and snatched it. Date got out of car and chased him down to get it back. Success!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took you over 9 years to make your first post....Interesting***

Nov 13, 2013, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

My '59 Rat Cap has my GF/ex-Wife's name penned under bill...

Nov 13, 2013, 10:18 AM

and even though we divorced after 24 years we are still amicable, communicate & get together during children's/grand's birthdays and holidays.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic