Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it is very interesting that our recruiting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I think it is very interesting that our recruiting...

Dec 25, 2019, 10:38 PM

classe rankings have been well under Bama, Uga, LSU, 0310, Okla, etc, etc, for last 5yrs but yet we have more highly ranked underclassmen than any of them??!! Pretty sure our staff does a tremendous job of recruiting but even better job of coaching our players up after finding an all-star 3* like Simmons! Who has the best staff in America?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ We DO, have the best coaching staff, imho!

Dec 25, 2019, 10:44 PM

And that’s been a major part of the equation that others & media can’t seem to comprehend & appreciate!

Oh, Love & respect for each other!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ We DO, have the best coaching staff, imho!

Dec 25, 2019, 10:49 PM

have always said that i'd rather have 5* coaches than 5* star players,and we've certainly got them.simply put.it shows on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

5* Coaches,,!!!

Dec 26, 2019, 1:28 AM

Never thought about coaching in terms of stars but that is a great analogy. And yes, 5* coaching outweighs 5* recruits all day!

Yup....Kirby Smart

Dec 26, 2019, 7:42 AM

Say no more

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yup....Kirby Smart

Dec 26, 2019, 10:27 PM

oxymoron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ranking overvalue class size....

Dec 26, 2019, 3:16 AM

& in doing so discount the importance of average star rating where we were have been near the top in recent years excluding 2019(opp. true last year?big class, lower * rating)

Re: Ranking overvalue class size....

Dec 26, 2019, 4:35 AM

But we also had a lot of 3*s last year in comparison to previous yrs. Our class size isn't far from last yr. That said, our coaches do a great job of finding those Simmons, Gallman's, Ryan Carters, Renfrow's, etc, etc. that become team changers that you seldom hear of those on a Bama or UGA team! Best coaches in college reside in Western SC. Hopefully Scott and Scott don't disrupt this or create a trend of migration.

Re: I think it is very interesting that our recruiting...

Dec 26, 2019, 10:45 PM

While a good point our coaches do a tremendous job of recruiting talent, character, and fit... let’s be honest with that list of underclassman. Trevor, Justyn, Carman, DK, XT, and KJ were all 5*. The rest mostly 4*. Only McFadden and Price from that list weren’t at least a 4*.
Again our coaches do an amazing job identifying talent but don’t pretend it’s not the majority of the highly recruited kids that make sure successful.

Re: I think it is very interesting that our recruiting...

Dec 26, 2019, 10:58 PM

We also see time and time again where a player commits to Alabama, Georgia, etc and suddenly shoot up the next time the rankings are updated.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic