Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random uniform question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Random uniform question

Oct 13, 2019, 10:42 AM

If we are playing a noon game on a day which we could clinch the division, but that clinching is contingent on another division team losing a game which starts later in the day, do we wear the orange britches?

Every other orange britches game is playing for a certain championship - state, conference and bowl - but division could be dependent on other games.

Also, what happens if the division clinching game is the same as the military appreciation game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random uniform question

Oct 13, 2019, 10:50 AM

Good question. Being a championship caliber team certainly has its problems! I’ll wear my orange pants to the game Saturday so I’ll do my part!

No, has to be certain.***

Oct 13, 2019, 10:51 AM

Oct 13, 2019, 11:03 AM

My personal opinion is that the orange britches are overrated. We don't need any psychological distractions like that the color of our pants are going to give us more juice to win a game. That the kind of stuff the gamecocks do. I know the tradition, but I don't think it's necessarily a good thing.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:22 AM

We wear the orange britches for championships as a tradition, the first time being the 1980 State Championship game and the second time being the 1981 National Championship game. We kind of strayed from tradition through the years after that, wearing them for 'Big' games, but Dabo made it clear as HC that they're only to be worn in championship games. Personally, I like that approach.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:54 AM

Few of you are old enough to remember the “orange shoes” game with the Wolfpack. If the Tigers needed extra incentive in that game they certainly got it.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic