Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random Tidbit about the Upcoming Football Season #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Random Tidbit about the Upcoming Football Season #1

Jul 13, 2019, 10:49 AM

Less than 7 weeks away from kickoff, and I’m getting the itch for kickoff something strong.

Over the next couple of weeks I’m gonna start looking at Clemson’s schedule and start looking at interesting stats and trends to see what kind of things we can look forward to or expect in 2019.

Tidbit #1: Dabo and his Tigers to make history against GT in 2019.

With a win against GT in the opener, Clemson will set their new longest winning streak against GT in football. It will be 5 games from 2015-2019. Hopefully we can get this winning streak to 16 or more to top GT’s longest winning streak in the series. If only PJ could have stayed Coach for the rest of eternity...

??

I hate GT.

Most people probably don’t feel that way cuz they suck now. But growing up a Tiger fan beginning in the early 90’s, GT was a thorn in our side for far too long. I was a student during the punting fiasco game of 2004 at DV. Uggggh.

So here’s to GT continuing to be weak, pathetic nerds that sorta field a football team each year. Cheers!

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random Tidbit about the Upcoming Football Season #1

Jul 13, 2019, 11:09 AM

I seem to remember our Thursday night games were always against GaTech -- and we would come out on the wrong end of the stick** ________ like you said a ""THORN"" for sure__GO TIGERS !!!!

Re: Random Tidbit about the Upcoming Football Season #1

Jul 13, 2019, 11:10 AM

Like you I have no use for the GT nerds. Dropped Clemson in the 70's rather than play us home and home after we had gone to Atlanta for ages. This started the $2 tradition. To show the brain power at work there at the time they then proceed to join the ACC a few years later insuring they play us home and home. It was the Big Bang Theory of schools. No common sense. We never beat them as badly as I would want

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Tech for the "kick the ball along the ground until

Jul 13, 2019, 11:37 AM

it gets to the end zone, then fall on it for a touchdown" game in Bobby Dud in 1975. Pretty sure this play was part of the reason rules were changed about offensive teams advancing their own fumbles. Final score, Tech 33 -Clemson 28. ^%$#@!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate Tech for the "kick the ball along the ground until

Jul 13, 2019, 6:04 PM

Yeah there was the Mike Eppley fumble going over the goal line that wasn’t really a fumble. I had a bird’s eye view of that one

Re: I hate Tech for the "kick the ball along the ground until

Jul 13, 2019, 6:37 PM [ in reply to I hate Tech for the "kick the ball along the ground until ]

Yep. That season I lived in Atlanta on the 12th floor of the Howell House. Peachtree & 10th, I think. You could roll the windows out & kind of half sit on the ledge. I could look out & see the stadium lights & hear the crowd - but too poor then to scrounge any tickets. Listened to the game on Tech radio network. Might have been WGST or WSB. Sad feeling that year to be that close but too impoverished to attend - and no way to pick up Jim Phillips!

Geoff Collins will probably do SOMETHING w/those guys eventually, but it'll take a few years. This year I believe CU will steamroll them by epic proportions. S&P gives Tech a 2% chance to win.

47 days is what I heard.....

Jul 13, 2019, 11:40 AM

I hate rushing things in life, but gosh darn, let's play some football!!

Keep them coming!

Jul 13, 2019, 2:00 PM

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep them coming!

Jul 13, 2019, 6:32 PM

Three or four of those years, we messed ourselves up by wanting to recruit GT's QB as a safety, something he did not play much of in high school. He could have also helped our basketball team, as this person was also Mr. Basketball as well as Mr. Football in SC. Thus he became a pain in our side. The only saving grace is that GT's football coach would not let him play basketball, even though he was considered the best point guard on campus.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic