Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting tidbit from radio about CU BBall..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Interesting tidbit from radio about CU BBall..

Jan 22, 2021, 3:23 PM

Sports radio in Charleston yesterday was talking about Clemson bball record and was pointing at Brownell.

7yrs in a row, Clemson bball has winning record during the football season. Once football is over Clemson has .500 or losing record and guy was saying that the team can't handle having the full focus of fans solely on them. Radio guy was saying that somehow Brownell doesn't prepare the team for the full attention of the fans.

One thing he didn't point out is that is when Clemson moves into the meat of the ACC schedule but the trend continues this year. Clemson had some really good wins this season and then seems to have fallen apart after the football season.

I thought it was interesting point but I think they just get beat up in the ACC and Brownell has reached his pinnacle at Clemson. I think he will be a borderline NCAA tournament mostly NIT bound coach at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Radio guys must be an idiot

Jan 22, 2021, 5:33 PM

Basketball is a sport almost solely dominated with high-end recruiting talent, unless you’re UGA and still mediocre with a few top draft picks.

While most on here love to bash BB, note the recruiting level has risen significantly the past two years. Ironically, Clemson finally invested in its basketball program/facilities (not crazy but decently) and low and behold, recruiting has improved. Sounds familiar to maybe football?

Clemson will likely never be a top ten basketball program but is improving and could be a consistent top 25-35 team.

Let’s acknowledge that most teams have a bit of a rough stretch and support this team. We have a tremendously balanced, blue-collar, tough team that I believe will get turned around soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. This year is an anomaly - but we're usually playing

Jan 22, 2021, 5:36 PM

bad teams in Nov/Dec...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting tidbit from radio about CU BBall..

Jan 22, 2021, 6:46 PM

"I think he will be a borderline NCAA tournament mostly NIT bound coach at Clemson." What clued you in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL what a stupid take by those radio hosts.***

Jan 22, 2021, 7:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Seriously. WTH

Jan 22, 2021, 7:30 PM

Sounds like they had run out of things to talk about!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic