Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those of you who voted for Trump:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 697

To those of you who voted for Trump:

Nov 9, 2016, 7:50 AM

Congratulations. Not only is Trump our next president, but he will have a Republican legislature to cooperate with, and together they can install a conservative replacement for Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court, and probably more justices in the next few years.

As a result, Trump and the Republican Party will have primary control over our nation's polices for the foreseeable future.

This is a real victory.

Now, to those of you who did not vote for Trump:

When Obama became president, many Republicans made it their mission to see him fail. That was an unproductive, obstructionist, juvenile reaction to defeat. For that reason, I urge Trump's opponents not to follow that course.

When Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, many Republicans made it their mission to repeal it. Over and over, knowing the votes weren't there, Republicans wasted time and tax dollars putting on a show of futile resistance. That was an unproductive, obstructionist, juvenile reaction to defeat. For that reason, I urge Trump's opponents not to follow that course.

Despite our differences, the American people share a core of common goals. Let us respect our new leadership and work with them to realize those goals. Where we disagree, let's disagree. But in the end, respect the process. Let us pursue not performances and rhetoric, but principles, values, and truth.

Thank you.

That said, we really ought to investigate whether Trump was born in America. I have people looking into his birth certificate, and you won't believe what they're finding.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%.

Nov 9, 2016, 7:54 AM

I'm just sick of the division.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post, agree with most

Nov 9, 2016, 8:06 AM

GOP did little obstructing, b/c the so-called obstructionists were not conservative. BarryCare happened b4 GOP controlled the Senate and B/c Harry Reid screwed with the Senate rules.

Trump is correct, we need to come together. Hopefully he is disciplined enough to make it happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Obama struggled with a Dem Senate and House

Nov 9, 2016, 8:15 AM

his first two years. He blamed Republicans instead of his own party.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has my support

Nov 9, 2016, 8:10 AM

I gave W y complete support too, until e became the worst president in US history. I am hoping Trump shocks me and does a good job. He has my complete support as of now.

Herbert Hoover and Millard Fillmore say "Hey!"***

Nov 9, 2016, 8:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst President in US history?***

Nov 9, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to He has my support ]

There was nobody worse. I am sure he has equals*****

Nov 9, 2016, 8:18 AM

Re: Worst President in US history?***

Nov 9, 2016, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Worst President in US history?*** ]

No different than the MANY folks on this board stating that Obama was the worst.

People have their opinions. And often times these opinions are exaggerated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine isn't exagerated. W is equal to the worst we ever*****

Nov 9, 2016, 8:23 AM

If you ever talk to anyone who lived through the great

Nov 9, 2016, 8:25 AM

depression..ask them to compare Herbert Hoover and George Bush and who the "worst" was.

I have taled to people who lived through it.

Nov 9, 2016, 8:33 AM

My grandmother and grandfather thought W was the worst of all time too. Nice try though. He also had one of the lowest presidential ratings of all time. Historians also rate him has one of the worst of all time. By the way, may grandmother dies last year at 94. My grnadfather is 98 right now and still going strong. He agrees that W is as bad as this nation has ever seen.

My 92 year old dad would disagree

Nov 9, 2016, 8:52 AM

The majority of Americans agree. We want Republicans in the White House. We want Republicans in the Senate. We want Republicans in the House and we want Republican Governors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So was he the "worst in US history", or as you later

Nov 9, 2016, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I have taled to people who lived through it. ]

backpedaled to, "Historians also rate him has one of the worst of all time"

Which one is it?

at first, I thought Obama would be the worst ever

Nov 9, 2016, 9:12 AM [ in reply to He has my support ]

but he didn't surpass Jimmy Carter. Not by a long shot. My disappointment in Obama is the thing I thought he would/could excel in - race relations. he mucked that all up; it's SO much worse than it was 8 years ago despite being given dozens of opportunities to help fix it, the division is worse.

I don't believe a two-term Pres can ever be the worst, as he was obviously doing SOMETHING well enough to be re-elected. That goes for Bush and Obama.

Carter was just amazingly bad. When he went out, we were rationing gasoline and had 20% interest rates (can you imagine 20% interest on your mortgage?).

Race relations being worse have nothing to do with Obama

Nov 9, 2016, 11:05 AM

and everything to do with access to information. Until very recently everyone didn't have an HD video camera and/or audio recorder in their pocket. Abuses of authoritarian actors were probably worse a decade ago but now they are caught on audio/film much more frequently. This has led to increased awareness and visibility which has in turned soured race relations.

I disagree with your assessment that Republicans wanted

Nov 9, 2016, 10:00 AM

Obama to fail. I want any/every President to succeed. But it's Obama's policies that were failures from the get go. All republicans did was stall and mitigate the damage. They couldn't in 2009 when Obama had both houses. So naturally Obama's biggest accomplishment is also his biggest failure. I would say Obama's two biggest successes were killing Bin Laden, and not doing anything to impede the development and implementation of fracking technology. And by doing nothing, that was probably Obama's greatest economic success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pubs were explicit on this point.

Nov 9, 2016, 2:06 PM

Rush Limbaugh: "I hope he fails."

Mitch McConnell: "Top priority" was to make Obama a one-term president. TOP PRIORITY!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To those of you who voted for Trump:

Nov 9, 2016, 2:32 PM

I didn't vote for Trump for several reasons, some of which are:

1) Somehow people still think Global Warming is not real. He's already said he'll pull us out of our agreements for limiting CO2 into the atmosphere. I encourage people to stop yelling out about Al Gore and simply go to NASA's website to make up your own mind. Science is real...not whether you are republican or a democrat.

2) I find it hard as a Christian to believe the party of "Family Values" would vote in a man that has done nothing but spout racist ideology, make fun of people with disabilities, and refer to women as pigs and dogs. He has five children via 3 different women. I know that Bill Clinton was a terrible example, but any time I bring up this point, the reaction I get is to compare to Bill Clinton. Bill was not running for president and somehow Trump got the nomination.

We have a lot of people in this country that feel left out by the establishment. You see this clearly in how the mid-west played out. I see it a lot here in SC, albeit the conversations usually have a tinge of racism or homophobia in them. I love that we have decided to go against the establishment. However, I find it very dangerous that this is the best we could come up with. I woke up this morning immediately thinking about North Korea....and we just make the leader of the free world the guy from the Apprentice.

Not really proud of our country today. I feel like we just took a step in the wrong direction.

That being said, at least I have the game this Saturday to look forward to. GO TIGERS!

Replies: 18
| visibility 697
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic