Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RV tailgating question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

RV tailgating question

Jul 7, 2014, 10:43 PM

Trying to decide between Motorhome and 5th Wheel. I'm partial to Motorhome. Wife wants 5th Wheel. For those familiar with the RV lot are there many 5th wheels tailgating or is it strictly motorhomes? Also has anyone tailgated at the Y Beach RV lot? Thanks in advance for input.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RV tailgating question

Jul 8, 2014, 12:27 AM

My dad tailgates in the RV lot with an RV. I can't recall seeing any 5th wheels. 5th wheels are a lot more economical than RVs but other than that I can't think of a lot of pros and cons to make a good case for either right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check with Clemson I am sure they have rules as to what is

Jul 8, 2014, 6:28 AM

Allowed. I also think the last time I noticed the minimal donation for RV was $2800 which I think is now $3200. Don't know anything about the Y

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never seen a 5th wheel down there***

Jul 8, 2014, 7:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: never seen a 5th wheel down there***

Jul 8, 2014, 7:13 AM

Yes, there are many 5th wheels in the RV lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2014, 7:49 AM

Love our class c, and will tow a jeep if we need to get around without breaking camp. That's the biggest difference, but we like being in it during drive, especially long ones. We stay at Y beach and love it. We swim in Hartwell most of season, & plenty of fields for kids to play. Shuttles work great, but golf carts also can do the short trip to DVD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2014, 12:51 PM

We've stayed at Y Beach for the past 6 years. $600/year. No power, but you can fill up on water. Shuttle works great & also walk it very easily. RV Lot was a minimum of $2800 ($3200 next year). I was told there was a waiting list to get in, but that was 6 years ago. I highly recommend Y Beach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic