Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shipley actually reminds me of Demarkcus Bowman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Shipley actually reminds me of Demarkcus Bowman

May 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

Everybody likes to compare Shipley to Christian McCaffrey because of the complexion, but I was actually struck by his similarity to 2020 signee, Demarkcus Bowman...who also strongly resembles McCaffrey in running style. All three backs are very similar on tape. They take off like rockets, have that insane fifth gear, and seemingly run too upright but nobody can really get a decapitation shot on them because they just accelerate too quick and the angle is never there. And exactly like McCaffrey what you see out of both future Clemson guys is they really aren't making big dramatic moves, but they have just excellent run vision and adjust their line with subtle shifts and weaves and then let raw velocity do the rest. They hit open green and it's just a vapor trail to the end zone.

Having both dudes is going to be just awful on the opposition. Opposing defenses will literally not get a moment's peace and both backs are so versatile you can line them up anywhere and dictate mismatches all over the field.

Remind me again what "cycling out" looks like?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football post! Yeah Baby!!***

May 6, 2020, 12:02 PM

Re: Shipley actually reminds me of Demarkcus Bowman

May 6, 2020, 1:41 PM

Major difference is that Shipley is a far better receiver at this point in his development than Bowman is. Shipley will be the best receiving back we've had since Spiller the moment he steps foot on campus. He's good enough in the passing game that he could, if needed, play out of the slot full time. That would, however, be a waste of his extremely versatile skill set to limit him to the slot, just like limiting him to lining up in the backfield and handing the ball to him would be a waste of his skill set. He's easily the most versatile skill position player we've landed since at least Sammy, maybe even since Spiller.

May 10, 2020, 8:52 PM

Mikey Dukes say hold my beer.

May 6, 2020, 2:19 PM

Pretty amazing what this kid can do with a dad bod. Imagine after he’s got a year of s&c under him.

The Draft Board - College Fantasy Sports

Launching this fall. Visit http://www.thedraftboard.com to sign up for early access!

May 6, 2020, 2:29 PM

Now that is something that bears repeating! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 5:02 PM

Looks like my phone is a trigger happy.

The Draft Board - College Fantasy Sports

Launching this fall. Visit http://www.thedraftboard.com to sign up for early access!

May 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

I agree that their highlights look very similar. The big difference is that Bowman is doing it versus a much tougher level of competition. Speed generally translates however so I expect big things from both of them.

May 6, 2020, 2:58 PM

There are similarities. At this point, Shipley seems to be a better receiver but that could be because Bowman wasn't utilized that way in HS. Shipley indeed has serious jets but Bowman's acceleration and top end speed are truly breathtaking.

It's hard to tell from highlights, but from looking at both guys I'd say Shipley is harder to bring down. Just a guess.

Lastly, hard to tell which guy is better at making people miss and accelerating from zero. As we all know from Spiller, this is as important as pure speed.

Cycling out is awesome from where I sit!***

May 6, 2020, 3:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 4:18 PM

Shipley and Bowman together in the backfield will be devastating. A 21 personnel set with those 2 should bring down the safeties and leave CBs 1-on-1 against a couple of outstanding jumping frisbee dogs. Add in a good TE that can run routes and catch and you've got a super offense - particularly when Shipley can shift into the slot.

Don't forget that Shipley can throw the ball also.

RUN THE DANG BAWULL!***

May 6, 2020, 4:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic