Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP "Hardheaded SIL" Susan Cook.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 724

RIP "Hardheaded SIL" Susan Cook.

Jun 29, 2017, 9:19 PM

Final report from my occasional updates.

recap: My SIL Susan has made several decisions on her health, and her financial picture, that were not in her best interest. Along the way, I posted a couple of rants about her behavior, coining the nickname. Well, life got real after that. She was diagnosed wit pancreatic cancer in 11/2016. Never married, no kids, her care fell to her closest Responsible siblings, Mrs No and younger sister. I posted a couple times about this event. So I regret dogging her about prior poor choices that had no bearing on her cancer event. Anyways, the prognosis was 6 mos from January, after many dicey events and many days in the hospital...

she passed last night at 1:15 am. Mrs No had awaken at 1:10 am and found me asleep in a chair on the screened porch. I was trying to give her space at home since she has been at the nursing home at least 22 hrs a day since last Sat. About the time I got into bed, we got the call. Took Susan's dog Buster, who Mrs No had promised Susan she would care for, up there to smell the body and understand. I removed all of the pictures we had put up, outside plant on a hanger, clothes, snacks, etc whilest Buster laid on the bed with his former owner. Mrs. No said, "Say goodbye, Buster" and he licked Susan's face. Cutting Onions. Awkward chatter wit the overnight crew as I carried stuff out. "Did you go to Clemson?" "Yep"

So, sorry for bringing you into my world with downer stuff. Thanks so much for all the encouraging words. Teh JouNge rocks. I would say, she did not pass Wednesday, when the septic tank guy was pumping the tank. It stank to high heaven, and there would have been low brow humor there somewhere.

Subdudes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu8T43m0NCw

So, message here is, Please Have Faith. Make of that what you will, but consider it.

Son House, which was nicely covered by Johnny Winter right before he passed: Not my lover but a very close friend for over 30 yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdgrQoZHnNY

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP. You're a good husband to Mrs. No.***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D a m n straight.

Jun 29, 2017, 9:33 PM

It's almost always harder to do the right thing. Real men do real men things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have some insightful posts. sir. Thanks***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's normally the copious amounts of alkee-haul.

Jun 29, 2017, 9:47 PM

But this time I'm stone sober. All the best to your family, my man. Tough situation indeed.

A hard man is good to find. -txtf

Jun 29, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to RIP. You're a good husband to Mrs. No.*** ]

Sorry, had to get joungey for a minute.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good man and good husband

Jun 30, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to RIP. You're a good husband to Mrs. No.*** ]

Not the ghey, bro

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you all can find some peace now.***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

RIP Susan.***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP "Hardheaded SIL" Susan Cook and T's and P's

Jun 29, 2017, 9:41 PM

for you guys.

Hope your wife can get some rest. She will never regret the hours she spent with her sister.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that.***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:56 PM

Thanks for the update.

Jun 29, 2017, 9:58 PM

Feel free to bring us into your world at any time.
I hope Mrs. No finds some peace in this, and you both find some rest. I know it has been a long journey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear.

Jun 29, 2017, 10:03 PM

Prayers to your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP "Hardheaded SIL" Susan Cook.

Jun 29, 2017, 10:12 PM

I sat in hospital with ex-GF for six weeks while her mother lay there dying. I know how tough it is to have a loved one lose a loved one. Grief never goes away and the severity never subsides. It becomes less frequent over time but it's always there hangin out, wait for the right moment to strike you down again.

The real hell for Christ when he died on that cross was separation from God. 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?' I believe the death of loved ones in this life gives us a glimpse of how much God and Christ suffered on that fateful day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

###### man. Sorry to hear.

Jun 29, 2017, 10:13 PM

Glad you shared these struggles as they unfolded. Glad she's at peace and hopefully you can find some peace, as well, in the wake of this.

Thoughts & Prayers

Jun 30, 2017, 7:26 AM

For the family??

Re: RIP, Susan. So sorry for your loss, NO***

Jun 30, 2017, 8:47 AM

Sorry to hear. Treat Buster like a King please****

Jun 30, 2017, 12:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry to hear

Jun 30, 2017, 2:39 PM

just woke up from a 15 hr day myself
MIL still alive though i don't know how

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that man.***

Jun 30, 2017, 2:51 PM

We've talked so you know my feelings............

Jun 30, 2017, 6:31 PM

I have no words to say. Hang in there and thoughts to Mrs. No and yes take care of Buster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear.

Jun 30, 2017, 8:04 PM

Sharing can help relieve the stress so don't be sorry about posting here. I appreciate all that you and your wife have been through. Hopefully we can all have folks that care as much when we start our journey out of here.

You did the right thing by supporting your spouse

Jul 1, 2017, 1:01 PM

A nd her sister. I support you in prayer and hope for your feelings in these circumstances. This is tough. I support my sister in law who lost her husband to alcoholism and suicide.

Replies: 22
| visibility 724
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic