Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Chris Kyle! I hesitate posting this because............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

RIP Chris Kyle! I hesitate posting this because............

Feb 3, 2013, 9:38 AM

I'm currently reading Kyle's book "American Sniper" just a few pages to go and I see this. It's a very good read, I suggest picking it up.

A U.S. Navy SEAL who had more confirmed kills than anyone in
military history. He was on many tours and he goes out like this...d@mnit.

Thanks for his service!!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html

Message was edited by: celtic_tiger®

Message was edited by: Crump®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am starting to think something is up.***

Feb 3, 2013, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Yeah it's odd. I'll plead the 5th so no one thinks I have...

Feb 3, 2013, 10:01 AM

a tinfoil hat on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awful, rip.***

Feb 3, 2013, 9:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has an interesting story about knocking out Jesse Ventura

Feb 3, 2013, 10:01 AM

that Ventura denies, and there are witnesses who support both sides.

I've never heard for sure which side was telling the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wups. Didn't look before I posted

Feb 3, 2013, 10:04 AM

A true American hero.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a terrible waste.

Feb 3, 2013, 10:06 AM

And I don't mean this as liberal, or anti-gun, but again we see a multiple shooting associated with a mental health issue (at least I'm making the connection that the shooter was the PTSD victim being helped - something not explicitly stated in that article).

Not sure going to the range and handling weapons is the best therapy, but certainly something went awry.

If the shooter wasn't the PTSD patient, I have no idea. Still a tragic end to a great warrior.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I know you and I don't take your post.............

Feb 3, 2013, 10:22 AM

as liberal anti-gun.

Yeah the mental health issue is something to address and better background checks concerning that. That being said, a person can still get hands on a weapon even if not approved with a background check.

I read another article about the shooting and it said Kyle was trying to help the guy with PTSD. I'm with you, not sure a gun range is the best place to be doing that.

The whole problem is the mental health aspect of

Feb 3, 2013, 10:41 AM

background checks isn't really being addressed, because it will get huge resistance from the HIPAA/Personal Privacy/AMA crowd.

But folks are using this as a guise to regulate private gun sales and /or registration.

Re: good grief this is bringing out the tin foil hat wearing

Feb 3, 2013, 10:55 AM [ in reply to I know you and I don't take your post............. ]

Weirdos that give gun owners a bad name. That's just my opinion, but I'm very careful with the pro gun groups I support partly because of this and the comments I'm reading. I'm not a bomma fan, but I won't believe our guvt is having our SEALS hunted down and murdered. Good lawrd!

Yeah I can't believe that either. ****

Feb 3, 2013, 10:59 AM

It isn't so much that, as "not letting a crisis go to waste."

Feb 3, 2013, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: good grief this is bringing out the tin foil hat wearing ]

The fact that that is a direct quote from more than one political operative doesn't help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it doesn't. I haven't read that deep to see that.

Feb 3, 2013, 11:33 AM

I guess I need to put on my tin tyvek suit and dive in.

Rahm "Noodle" Emmanuel is the latest to use that phrase.

Feb 3, 2013, 11:37 AM

I actually think its origin is from Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals", which is a Bible of political action among many on the left.

Re: that, I am familiar with. 10-4***

Feb 3, 2013, 11:47 AM

No idea where this response is coming from as related to

Feb 3, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: good grief this is bringing out the tin foil hat wearing ]

this thread. Are you responding to media reports or statements from outside this forum?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Sorry.... Outside of this forum completely

Feb 3, 2013, 12:05 PM

Comments to the media stories is what I'm referring to.

Ahhh. I've made a point of not going out to any news sites

Feb 3, 2013, 2:40 PM

after first seeing Celtic's point. Both "sides' are sure to use this event for their own agendas... :(

Re: exactly. They just seem more deranged this time.***

Feb 3, 2013, 3:06 PM

pretty sure the PTSD guy killed him

Feb 3, 2013, 3:12 PM [ in reply to That's a terrible waste. ]

crazy

It's a shame when we have to put a disclaimer on a tragedy.***

Feb 3, 2013, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with the mental defectives that post here,it's a sad fact

Feb 3, 2013, 12:27 PM

it's a happy happy moment for them. Just sit back and watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible news

Feb 3, 2013, 2:00 PM

In non-terrible news, however, I've been to Odessa for work, and there ain't #### there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is the saying

Feb 3, 2013, 3:10 PM

"truth is stranger than fiction"

or something like that?

wow.
what a bizaar story.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic