Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REl: Smiling Tiger® Post on Covid...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 205

REl: Smiling Tiger® Post on Covid...

May 8, 2020, 4:34 PM

I've been looking back at P&R history and I think most of us had a fair assessment of this viral outbreak pretty early on. At different times we appeared to take opposite positions on the severity of the situation according to whether we wanted to defend the president or criticize him.

Most of us knew this was going to leave a mark, I believe, in spite of our political positions. During early days of the outbreak Pelosi, De Blasio, Cuomo promoted social gatherings but so did Trump. Trump and other candidates including Bernie, Joe (lol), Warren, Pete and other dem nominees held rallies. Trump had a rally to end all rallies in India.

Looking back, it's really just a matter of honest now. Honestly all the people listed in the previous paragraph can be blamed for spreading the virus. Now it's pretty obvious that it was going to happen no matter what we did or who did it.

An old boss of mine used to say "We don't have problems, we have opportunities." I hope we take this opportunity to do a lot of positive things to prevent this ever happening again. I also hope we use this to ensure that production of vital products are within hand reach from now on.

Oh, China is where we should inject our venom and not in one another. None of us and none of our politicians cause this or promoted the spread and nothing we do is going to stop it. A freight train runs under its own power and no one standing on the tracks is going to stop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REl: Smiling Tiger® Post on Covid...

May 8, 2020, 5:07 PM

I think the fact is that nobody to this day fully understands this virus or exactly what to do about it. I think all of the finger pointing at Trump, Fauci, the CDC, and ________(fill in the blank), is a childish waste of time (except maybe for Chiner). Very little was known or understood about it 2-3 months ago, and it hit us hard. While missteps and miscalculations were made by many on all sides, since then it has been used as a political weapon and wedge at every turn. And we still have a virus that is highly contagious and is very dangerous to old people and sick people that we have to deal with without killing each other.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 1
| visibility 205
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic