Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REVENGE!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,018

REVENGE!!!

Nov 7, 2016, 12:51 PM

December 30th, 1977, Clemson took on Pitt in the Gator Bowl. Pitt embarrassed Clemson 34-3. It was a humiliating loss for the Tigers. Now, after nearly 40 years, we will finally get our chance for revenge. Clemson needs to win Saturday, not for ACC standings or ranking or national championships, but for pure cold revenge. Saturday's game is being designated REVENGE SATURDAY!!!! Let's go destroy some Panthers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there as a young lad. Remember we cheered when we

Nov 7, 2016, 12:53 PM

finally kicked a FG.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Sounds like the Tommy Bowden years***

Nov 7, 2016, 1:00 PM

That game was more like the West years.***

Nov 7, 2016, 1:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: That game was more like the West years.***

Nov 7, 2016, 1:21 PM

We didn't want to get any of our DBs hurt so we had them playing 20 yards off of the Pitt receivers. The Pitt QB threw 10 yard passes. Our DBs were so far from the receiver they could never have been called for pass interference. LOL

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there as a young lad. Remember we cheered when we

Nov 7, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I was there as a young lad. Remember we cheered when we ]

Yep, remember it well. I was a tenth grader with big dreams of one day attending Clemson. I lived smack in the middle of UGA country and caught a little bit of grief over that one. Agree with RT, that one did have the feel of a Tommy West type game. We've come a long way, folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there too. Very miserable night, and PITT was

Nov 7, 2016, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I was there as a young lad. Remember we cheered when we ]

extremely arrogant, taunting our players by shaking the ball in their face as they scored.

Yes, it's time for sweet revenge.

The "Fog Bowl"... but Bubba Brown had a good game.***

Nov 7, 2016, 12:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REVENGE!!!

Nov 7, 2016, 12:57 PM

Lol

I was there.***

Nov 7, 2016, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Me Too!

Nov 7, 2016, 3:54 PM

Hanging out with friends after the game was the best part of that trip!

Wow. That's the only time we've ever played them

Nov 7, 2016, 1:03 PM

and they've been in the ACC for four seasons.

null

Players will go entire career without playing one team

Nov 7, 2016, 1:08 PM

I think the rotation puts teams other than Ga Tech on a 6 year rotation.

Nov 7, 2016, 1:07 PM

Agree but, Dabo don't think that way. Take the beat down we received from WV, if Dabo is the coach the next time we play them, and if we have the game in control for the win, Dabo will play the bench through the entire 4th quarter. Dabo won't ever try and make another coach look bad, or cause risk of their job. He is too good hearted at times for his own good!!! Now once he calls the dogs off, the other coach better keep playing him hard bc he will let his young guys score if they can....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 1:37 PM

Yes, I remember all too well. Chants were Go to He!! Charlie Pell and of course, the rest is history. Next was bring on Danny and kick some buckeye butt !!! Gator Bowl "REVENGE" was mighty sweet that next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We hadn't been to a bowl in 18 years. We were just

Nov 7, 2016, 1:41 PM

glad to be there.

We made up for it the next year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first bowl game I ever attended

Nov 7, 2016, 1:56 PM

probably the same for many Clemson fans.

Been to a BUNCH since, though :)

Nov 7, 2016, 3:45 PM

I was there and if I remember correctly, it was so foggy, you couldn't see anything.

i was at that game, too.

Nov 7, 2016, 3:59 PM

still angry. GO TIGERS!!!
make mark may dislike clemson even more!

Re: REVENGE?

Nov 7, 2016, 5:02 PM

I was there. Before I left from work Friday, a lady in the office said "good luck". I said that we'd be able to tell how it was going to go from the first possession. Pitt scored on their first play. Pitt sent a man in motion & got 3 of their guys vs. two of ours. Touchdown. We had one big play. Steve Fuller pulled one down & got a long run. He was knocked out at about the two. We ran three plays & didn't move an inch. Field goal. That was it. When we tried to run a sweep, they had 4 or 5 defenders out there waiting for the RB to arrive. Cavanaugh couldn't seem to throw an incompletion. Long night. It was my first time back at the Gator Bowl since the 1960 Big Ape Convention (music show). At least I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen since that time. Not long thereafter, I learned that Pitt had about twice the # of allowable players on scholarship. Probation. End of Pittsburgh as a national power. Jackie Sherrill went to Texas A&M. Probation. Fortunately, we won't be playing the 77 Panthers Saturday. Winning Saturday will not erase the 1977 Gator Bowl. It will keep us on track to an even bigger game than that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there as well - it stunk

Nov 7, 2016, 5:04 PM

long ride home the next day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ain't your daddy's team!

Nov 7, 2016, 5:04 PM

Booyah!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Matt Cavanaugh pretty much had his way with the Tigers ....

Nov 7, 2016, 5:11 PM

Matt was followed by another pretty good QB at Pitt.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic