Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REST IN PEACE TIGERS 3 Tigers In One Year :(
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,280

REST IN PEACE TIGERS 3 Tigers In One Year :(

Oct 4, 2018, 1:49 AM

Bennie Lee Cunningham, Jr. (December 23, 1954 – April 23, 2018) was an American football tight end. Cunningham was drafted out of the Clemson University in the 1976 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers. During his career, he played in 118 games and caught 202 receptions for 2,879 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Dwight Edward Clark (January 8, 1957 – June 4, 2018) was an American football wide receiver / tight end and executive. He played nine seasons for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL) from 1979 to 1987,[1][2] which included San Francisco's first two Super Bowl championship teams.
He caught the winning touchdown pass thrown by quarterback Joe Montana in the NFC Championship Game in January 1982 against the Dallas Cowboys.[3][4] The play, immortalized as "The Catch", propelled the 49ers to their first Super Bowl championship. Clark played college football at Clemson University and was selected by the 49ers in the tenth round of the 1979 NFL Draft.[5] He served as the general manager of the 49ers in 1998 and in the same capacity with the Cleveland Browns from 1998 to 2002.

Fuller compiled 599 yards and four touchdowns through three seasons while playing at Clemson. Fuller was a member of Clemson's 2016 national title team and was the Tigers' starting running back at the start of the 2017 season. He finished last year with 217 rushing yards and three touchdowns, while playing in all 14 games, with three starts. One of Fuller's most memorable plays came against Ohio State during the playoff match up, when he ran a wheel route for a touchdown while in heavy coverage by an Ohio State defender.

Rest Easy Tigers! You're now in the true place where the mountains yawn forth greatness and the Tigers play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: REST IN PEACE TIGERS 3 Tigers In One Year :(

Oct 4, 2018, 4:43 AM

Really nice post for 3 great Tigers. May God Bless each of their families.

If we don’t have a place at the new football facility honoring former Tigers who have passed away, I hope they will have a place soon.

I think it will show just how close and caring the Clemson Family of coaches, players, former players and fans really are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not have said it better myself,

Oct 4, 2018, 6:53 AM

Thanks Chesty!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REST IN PEACE TIGERS 3 Tigers In One Year :(

Oct 4, 2018, 7:36 AM

Reminds me of other Clemson greats we recently lost.

Billy O'Dell
Joe Landrum

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,280
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic