Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Douthit Hills construction to begin Dec. 15
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,044

Campus Update: Douthit Hills construction to begin Dec. 15

Dec 10, 2014, 10:01 AM

Douthit Hills construction to begin Dec. 15

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So happy this is moving forward

Dec 10, 2014, 10:57 AM

it is sorely needed so that the remainder of Johnstone and some other aging student housing can finally be replaced.

translation. . more free parking lost

Dec 10, 2014, 11:04 AM

Probably permanently. After the construction 3 years from now. . Those spots will become paid like lot 24.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

And a great new residential building added

Dec 10, 2014, 11:59 AM

Johnstone needs to be replaced. This is long overdue.

Wow... that's terrible for the people that live up there

Dec 10, 2014, 11:17 AM

It was already sometimes tough to find parking near the dorm when I lived at Clemson House. I shouldn't complain, though, because I was a freshman put into overflow housing. But a lot of upperclassmen live there, and it kind of sucks that they'll have to park 10-15 minutes walking from where they live.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow... that's terrible for the people that live up there

Dec 10, 2014, 11:27 AM

we were looking at buying a house back there, and were told about the project. It was far enough down that there probably wouldn't be too much of an eyesore, but there is a good chance they will take away access to the neighborhood back there from 93, so they only access will be from downtown/college avenue. We decided to pass on it.

Hopefully it will be a reasonable project, but I jsut cant help but wonder that between douthit, campus view, and (hopefully not) the Dukes Center....where the hell will all the students come from? I can't imagine they will fill all those places up. I know the latter two are not affiliated with the university, but campus view is something like 700 beds, dukes center will be similar, and now this is 1100. I guess all the other off-campus apartments will dry up. downtown is about to be un-navigable in the next 3-5 years.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

RE: "Where will all the students come from?"

Dec 10, 2014, 12:54 PM

They'll stop living in housing developments in Central that are several miles from campus and choose the closer options. Places like University Village and The Reserve will probably end up with lots of vacancies, but it was extremely short-sighted to build huge complexes that far from campus in the first place.

As high as the prices were in some of those places

Dec 10, 2014, 4:05 PM

This may actually drag them down to being reasonable. I don't know how much it is a month now, but UV was pretty high for what you were getting back in 2006.

C-House is freshman housing now

Dec 10, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Wow... that's terrible for the people that live up there ]

Douthit will have new Dorms for upperclassmen and the bridge student housing as well.

Terrible temporarily

Dec 10, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Wow... that's terrible for the people that live up there ]

and when it's finished there will be a net gain in parking.

What about a better gym..?

Dec 10, 2014, 4:02 PM

Fike is one of the worst campus gyms I've ever seen at a school relative to Clemson in size and reputation. We are supposed to be a "jock school" but the gym is just awful. Hopefully they are looking into that as well (I'm sure they are I'm just ranting).

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not too bad, just crowded at times

Dec 10, 2014, 4:06 PM

Don't touch it in January, don't go around 6-7 if you are wanting to get in and out quickly.

I'd prefer that they trade out some of the machines for more squat racks and benches, but that's something that could be fixed.

Re: What about a better gym..?

Dec 10, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to What about a better gym..? ]

It's in the plans to move the bookstore to the new building they are constructing. Then, I believe the old bookstore in Hendrix will be renovated into a gym.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,044
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic