Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time

Dec 5, 2016, 7:19 PM

Watson named Heisman finalist for second time

Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson is the first ACC player ever to be a two-time Heisman Finalist. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time

Dec 5, 2016, 7:41 PM

:) :) :)

Dec 5, 2016, 7:47 PM

And ESPN is doing EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO INFLUENCE THE VOTERS!! YES I AM YELLING CRUMPT YOU DABO AND DESHAUNE NEED TO BE YELLING AT ESPN FOR USING THE PHOTO OF DESHAUNE IN A STORY ABOUT PLAYERS BLACK PLAYERS NOT GRADUATION AND ESPN IS DOING TO JUST INFLUENCE THE VOTE BECAUSE THEY ARE WELL AWARE OF THE FACT THAT DESHAUNE WILL GRADUATE IN DECEMBER I WANNA SEE A RETRACTION FROM ESPN NOW AND A STORY DONE ABOUT HIM GRADUATING IN DECEMBER IN 3 YRS.

Saw that cr@p article earlier

Dec 5, 2016, 7:54 PM

Watson's pic on an article talking about how low the graduation rates are for players (& the diff b/w white & African American student athletes grad rates). Funny how out of the final 4 we have the HIGHEST overall rate.

Yes +1^

Dec 5, 2016, 8:22 PM

That's a story the nation should hear!
Evidence that players can be great players on great teams and excellent students at the same time.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

It's Deshaun.***

Dec 5, 2016, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

2 1/2 Years!***

Dec 5, 2016, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

3 yrs...he was an early enrollee..

Dec 6, 2016, 12:29 AM

enrolled at Clemson in January of 2014

Dec 5, 2016, 7:51 PM

5 finalists is not good for DW though, 10% of the vote already went to Lamar before we even started, the vote split between five.... Ugh. The media just controls to much.

Dec 5, 2016, 7:52 PM

And ESPN is doing EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO INFLUENCE THE VOTERS!! YES I AM YELLING CRUMPT YOU DABO AND DESHAUNE NEED TO BE YELLING AT ESPN FOR USING THE PHOTO OF DESHAUNE IN A STORY ABOUT PLAYERS BLACK PLAYERS NOT GRADUATION AND ESPN IS DOING TO JUST INFLUENCE THE VOTE BECAUSE THEY ARE WELL AWARE OF THE FACT THAT DESHAUNE WILL GRADUATE IN DECEMBER I WANNA SEE A RETRACTION FROM ESPN NOW AND A STORY DONE ABOUT HIM GRADUATING IN DECEMBER IN 3 YRS.

That's not how it works. The winner has already been

Dec 5, 2016, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time ]

decided. The votes are in. The number of finalists invited to NY varies based on how many votes guys get.

http://heisman.com/news/2015/12/1/Heisman_Winners_1201154408.aspx

Scroll down to number 5.

It's probably is not a good sign that there's 5, but not for the reason you cited.

Re: That's not how it works. The winner has already been

Dec 5, 2016, 8:19 PM

I believe it's in alphabetical order. I might need to sing the song to double check though.

they are required to invite at least 3 - DW4 and LJ are

Dec 5, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to That's not how it works. The winner has already been ]

far away leaders - other 3 close 3rds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE: What's the rush?

Dec 6, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to That's not how it works. The winner has already been ]

Can someone explain why the eligible voters are allowed to cast votes prior to the end of the regular season. Seems a little premature to me. Why not wait until all the evidence is in. Jackson laid and egg his last few games.

Dec 5, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson named Heisman finalist for second time ]

> 5 finalists is not good for DW though, 10% of the
> vote already went to Lamar before we even started,
> the vote split between five.... Ugh. The media just
> controls to much.

The number they bring to NYC is irrelevant. The vote is already in. Plus, voters can vote for whoever in the country they want.

Guys are brought to NYC based on the vote. It's not like that narrows the field, and the voters choose from those.

Deshaun won't win, but it's nice to have a guy there 2 years in a row.

Dec 5, 2016, 7:53 PM

Just don't wear that orange suit lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2016, 8:38 PM

I still have faith he will win but concerning that 10% vote in. I agree with everyone. Coaches AD, & president needs to raise hail to get espn to retract that article. I remembered a story that ran last year on here that talked about us and Stanford being the only schools to have a high rate grad and finish top10 or something. Get them to run that article as a retraction story r something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2016, 9:53 PM

I think it is awesome that Deshaun has been invited. I want him to win so badly, mostly because of the fine young man he is and how he carries himself off the field. His on-field performances speak for themselves, but I am afraid the votes aren't going to be there. I hope I am wrong. Deshaun is a great ambassador for Clemson University and an excellent role model for young and old. He's smart, polite, unselfish, and he loves his Mama!! My only consolation if he doesn't win is that neither did two of the greatest of all time-Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I will keep my tissue box close by Saturday night because I will cry no matter what happens!

Dec 5, 2016, 11:05 PM

Joe Montana never won it either, and like Brady and Manning, he did all right in the NFL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ah der?***

Dec 5, 2016, 11:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic