Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RB Evans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

RB Evans

Jan 7, 2020, 2:57 PM

If there has been any recent news on this board re RB Evans I must have missed it. On my daughter's home page this AM it was stated he had been granted unconditional release by Georgia. I don't think he has actually signed but Georgia is moving on. I don't recall all of the details but believe he will not be signing with any other school in February.

I have heard of several conduct issues but don't know what is fact or fiction. Apparently, there are some major issues involving Evans and, if so, they may come to light in the near future. It will be interesting to see which schools keep recruiting him.

It's regrettable how someone with all that talent can screw up their future.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a question of the whether UGA

Jan 7, 2020, 3:02 PM

would accept his LOI or not. That says all we need to know about his behavior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he did sign with UGa...

Jan 7, 2020, 3:05 PM

during the early signing period but reports are that UGa is prepared to grant his unconditional release and bid him good riddance (which is contrary UGa's normal SOP).

The kid is apparently very self-serving, has an incredibly bad attitude, and some serious anger management issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Pretty sure he did sign with UGa...

Jan 7, 2020, 4:19 PM

Wow Ga puts up w so much this one must be a real treat. This is like when Ole Booby B cut loose Lavernius Coles. How bad to have to be for that to happen? Yikes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid is apparently a real prima donna...

Jan 7, 2020, 4:38 PM

He's been either kicked-off of his high school or suspended a couple of times for his conduct. One incident purportedly involved a physical altercation with a coach because the coach benched him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RB Evans

Jan 7, 2020, 3:08 PM

Makes me think of the wonderful speech Dabo gave about what he would like to tell his 16 yr old self. He would want his 30 year old self to look back and thank his teenage self for making the right decisions when it was hard to do. Teens making decisions that ruin their Futures, so sad. I've butchered Dabo's speech but that was the jest.

Jan 7, 2020, 3:09 PM

Yes he literally signed that's why he was granted an unconditional release. He is trouble and although he's a premier athlete and if he gets his life on track the right way he will be absolutely unreal he's a high risk prospect.

I seem to remember he had a visit planed to Clemson but did

Jan 7, 2020, 3:15 PM

not come - word was something to the effect that he was traveling with his "handlers" - didn't sit well with CDS and staff so immediately cut off any contact.

sounds like a walking NCAA violation so certain that even UGA will walk away from the #1 RB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 3:23 PM

Jimbo will take him at TA&M.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rumor has it, the two front runners for his services are...

Jan 7, 2020, 3:30 PM

A&M and LSU.

Jan 7, 2020, 3:30 PM

I agree with you Joe. An NFL talented kid is throwing away his entire financial future. It’s all because some of these kids feel entitled or they are owed something. If we start paying players IMO kids like Evans will increase.

Just think kids like ETN, TL, Tee, and Ross will be millionaires in the next 1 to 3 years. Wow, I just could not imagine screwing up that kind of opportunity!

Clemson’s athletes carry themselves very well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 4:06 PM

Cusschamp has never said no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was suspended for Title Game

Jan 7, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: RB Evans ]

Some kind of cell phone violation North Shore suspended him for their State Championship Game and he went on TV at UA Game apologizing for his behavior.

Seems like perfect fit for UGA.

Seemed small to me at UA game but very very quick and fast and great vision.

LSU perfect fit as well.

Jimbo won’t get that lucky.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was suspended for Title Game

Jan 7, 2020, 4:37 PM

From what I have heard the cell phone violation must of occurred because he had it in his hand when he punched his head coach.

Jan 7, 2020, 4:09 PM

and on the all star game, Prime Time Deon Sanders (the coach for his All-star team) had to take camera time to "sell" him to the public on what a great kid he is and that he needs a chance. If UGA is backing off, that in of itself tells me all I need to know. UGA will take talent over risk, always have. But he'll surface somewhere. Hopefully the kid makes good on his chance. It was a cell phone deal with his high school coach on where everyone had to turn theirs in but Evans said, "Awe hell naw, I'm keeping mine coach." Coach said, get outta here! Then there were more things on the behavioral front as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 4:25 PM

The part with Deion was very telling. Something is wrong with this guy's mind. I believe it's more than just a bad attitude. He has serious anger issues.

It was more than the phone. There was also a very serious incident early in the season with one of his coaches.

Don't be shocked if A&M turns him down also.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic