Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quite frankly theses overall negative posts about the team are ASININE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Quite frankly theses overall negative posts about the team are ASININE

Feb 18, 2018, 3:26 PM

it's fine to be frustrated with the loss and how some of the play went down today. But what's asinine is the overall negative attacking of the team.

First of all we were missing one of our most important players for the 1st time and playing Duke. This is our first loss of the season at home, first time this season losing back to back games.

If you take today's game and decide to define the team as a whole as "stupid" then you have no clue. Also everyone saying "knew this was coming" as if it's so shocking that at some point we lose 2 in a row. It doesn't mean the wheels are off. Look around the country, teams high ranked then us have had worse 2-3 game losing streaks.

I think a lot of you pull against Clemson basketball just so you can get your "when does football start?" posts out there cause you don't really give a #### about Clemson bball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quite frankly theses overall negative posts about the team are ASININE

Feb 18, 2018, 3:28 PM

Exactly. There will be several “fans” who will continue to blame this on brownell. We played a top team without grantham or Mitchell. Throw in Devoe scoring 3 points. And shooting under 30% from the 3pt line and I would have told you we lost by 20.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most of the trolls are of the feathered variety who

Feb 18, 2018, 3:31 PM

sit behind their keyboards and snicker when they get a response. Just ignore them, or give them a thumbs down and move on

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no most of them are Clemson football fans***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess everyone was expecting...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:30 PM

Clyde Trapp to score 15 and dish out 7 assists in Mitchell’s absence?

It doesn’t work that easily, folks.

~JKB

Exactly. Many of the "fans" here don't deserve

Feb 18, 2018, 3:30 PM

a good basketball program.

They really don't. It's disgusting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

POTD!!!!***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When does football start?

Feb 18, 2018, 3:49 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not blaming the team or BB for this loss.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:55 PM

It was too obvious that the Tobacco Road refs had a different outcome in mind than Clemson winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, their identity is wrapped up in football and possibly

Feb 18, 2018, 3:56 PM

baseball. And they think it's cute to rag on our basketball team.

I wish they would just refrain from posting, but we can't be so lucky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They're either cluelss, irrational, or just trollin..

Feb 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

Out of all of CBB's years I never worried when people complained. I thought CBB should be fired a ways back. This year we have nothing to complain about. They just want to always complain I guess. I think they watched Hoosiers or Rocky one too many times.

lulz...you're like a hipster BB hater.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:59 PM

"I wanted BB fired before it was cool. Once everyone wanted him fired, I want him to stay, because it's ironic."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha......Nah..he just turned the corner and is doing better

Feb 18, 2018, 4:05 PM

I wanted him fired like everyone else in the past. Now most of us are happy with him, as am I. Overall, there is light. I am happy with what I see. He better sign another quality PG though for whn Mitchell leaves after next season or he won't make it banking on Trapp.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

I'll tell you what would win me over for another couple

Feb 18, 2018, 4:09 PM

seasons.

If once....just once....he laid into a ref hard enough to get ejected from the game, and then in the press conference said enough about ACC refs to get a fine.

That, or light up a coach like Roy the way Barnes lit up Dean.

You talk about winning a fanbase over....that would go a long ways.

Exactly

Feb 18, 2018, 4:29 PM

There was a game earlier when we were supposed to get a shooting foul before half and CBB wimped out or whatever. The commentator was ragging on CBB for not showing more fire. I got into a "fierce Tnet debate" about the issue with another poster and how was I sick of CBB being so passive. It was funny because I think it might have been vs Ohio State and we came out awesome in that 2nd half. I agree. I see the same.

Re: Quite frankly theses overall negative posts about the team are ASININE***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 PM

Foxworthy - I give her face a two and her Asinine***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:01 PM

Feb 18, 2018, 6:27 PM

T_I_P said:

it's fine to be frustrated with the loss and how some of the play went down today. But what's asinine is the overall negative attacking of the team.

First of all we were missing one of our most important players for the 1st time and playing Duke. This is our first loss of the season at home, first time this season losing back to back games.

If you take today's game and decide to define the team as a whole as "stupid" then you have no clue. Also everyone saying "knew this was coming" as if it's so shocking that at some point we lose 2 in a row. It doesn't mean the wheels are off. Look around the country, teams high ranked then us have had worse 2-3 game losing streaks.

I think a lot of you pull against Clemson basketball just so you can get your "when does football start?" posts out there cause you don't really give a #### about Clemson bball.

Well said. Context is important here and those who are completely negative (there are legitimate gripes with play to be had) are clearly tone deaf to context

Feb 18, 2018, 6:40 PM

Agree. I am all in with this team. Of course, I am all in with anything Clemson...

This team exceeded expectations BEFORE it took a gut punch with the loss of Grantham. They have showed fight and pride. I wish some of the "fans" would do the same instead of sitting behind their keyboards and complaining about someone who is actually FAR better than they are at what they do.

Feb 18, 2018, 7:07 PM

I think that all of us real fans and supporters of the teams should make a vow to ignore those who make these hateful posts about or team and coaches. If you are a fan of reasonable intellect you can easily determine who these so called fans are and refuse to open their posting. I so vow !

Feb 18, 2018, 7:19 PM

Many years ago I was talking with a successful high school basketball coach. I asked him how he could sit on the sidelines and show little emotion during a game. In essence he said, my job is to teach the players. The players job is to execute. I can tell when a player screws up and if he recognizes his mistake. If I show too much negative emotion, he becomes too up tight. By showing little or no emotion, he knows I recognize his error and it's correctable. By the same token, by showing little or no positive emotion, they know they have my approval. Very few coaches utilize this philosophy, nut, for him, it worked. Coach Wooten was a famous coach who showed very little emotion on the sidelines. Contrast his style with that of Coach Knight.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic