Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quit defending the players, getting mad at testers etc...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 724

Quit defending the players, getting mad at testers etc...

Dec 30, 2015, 8:37 AM

I get it, I am no angel and am the last person to be a hypocrite on what I did in college etc... but is it really that #### hard to not smoke for a few weeks? You can't abstain while you focus on trying to win a national title? If the answer is no then maybe it isn't "just a little pot" and you have a problem. Blaze away come February but you should be able to back off the stuff a month. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all about making smart choices and understanding

Dec 30, 2015, 9:05 AM

that actions have consequences.

Personally think pot should be legalized. It's absurd for a person to be locked up and put behind bars for smoking pot. That doesn't mean there aren't consequences; even if it were legal, there would still be consequences (health, cognitive, developmental, employment, etc.). Trust me, I understand that probably most college students, including athletes, smoke weed. Right or wrong, regardless of how many people are doing it, it's not legal yet, and when you play on a college football team at Clemson, there are even more consequences.

The message to kids doesn't need to be "it's wrong". They simply need to understand that there are potential consequences, and they should be influenced and guided, as much as possible, to make good decisions. I think Dabo and the university make every effort to do that, and I'm sure these players were VERY familiar with the risks and potential consequences. This is a clear example of how some people will make bad decisions in spite of a million good reasons they should not. They see thousands of other kids smoking with no apparent consequences, and they therefore conclude the risk is small, and it may be. However, the price is heavy if they are wrong. It's human nature we're dealing with here, and you're always going to have some people who are willing to take the risk, in spite of every effort to ensure that they don't.

I hate it for all concerned, but it should not be shocking, it's not indicative of a bigger problem unique to Clemson, and we still have a game to play. Time to move forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I played college football and the short answer is NO!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:10 AM

Its not that hard if you are dedicated to your teammates and your sport. We had a no drinking policy (and no drugs!) except for Saturday night after games. Curfews on Friday night. It wasn't hard if you gave a sh*t.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I played college football and the short answer is NO!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:13 AM

Yep played for a power house juco baseball team in the mid 90's. Seminole jc in Oklahoma. And there was a no drinking policy period. And then on to another program no drugs had curfew and no drinking b4 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic