Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick thought on the game and the repercussions...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Quick thought on the game and the repercussions...

Nov 25, 2012, 2:54 PM

I know no one wants to think about next year, and we have always called it coot talk to discuss next year, but it is upon us now. We have one game left that other than bragging rights is downright meaningless. We have our 10 win season. We have the full slate of practices to prep for the bowl game. Consider this year a success.

Now on to next season. The game yesterday stunk, many of you were there, I was up from 1 am to 5 am watching then the wife woke me up to show the inlaws around the greater region I live in Germany this morning at 7. So after train travel and a lot of thinking here are my thoughts.

Yesterdays game may have been one of those gifts in disquise that you don't understand until years later. Why you may ask is quit simple.

1) Morris was on a lot of lips for a high profile job. With Arky, Tenn, Aub. all opening up he or even Dabo may have gotten a call if we would have put the whipping on the chickens that we appeared poised to do in the 1st quarter. As it stands right now, neither he nor Dabo are on any top level lips because they can't win the big game against a big time opponent. So both should be around next year.

2) Nuk was our go to receiver this year. With the performance yesterday he showed that he still has a lot of growing to/do and should be around again next year. This is key as he really is great but had he hauled in the 2 big 3rd down catches that he dropped it may have changed the whole game. Instead he showed that he isn't totally ready either. Yes there is still a possibility that he may go pro but I don't think he wants to leave with never having beaten SCU.

3) Defensive improvement. Say what you will, but that loss yesterday is squarely on the offense. The defense with as limited as they are in the trenches/linebacker/ and secondary actually did not play that bad. No one in their right mind thought coming into this year that the defense would win any games. And they did not do so all year, however from the first game to the last they improved. I look forward to seeing what happens with this squad under one more year with Coach V.

4) Training table is in place. I think a lot of our issues with athlete size and strength have to do with nutrition. The training table from all reports is now in place. To me this will be huge for the lines, those boys did not get 300 + lbs eating the right things in high school and middle school. Most of the time they are simply not in great shape and the table after a year or two should start to show benefits.

Lastly the benefit that we actually get from being in the ACC is still there next year. NCState will be rebuilding, we get FSU at home, and there is no one else that we shouldn't simply drill. Therefore we should be a top 5 team by the time we play the chickens next year if we win what we should win. That will be the consistency that we have all wanted for years, Then Dabo can take that next small step and put us in the MNC discussion.

Let's go Tigers there is light at the end of the tunnel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the numbers.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:02 PM

1. I don't think the loss hurt Chad much. 10-2 to the nation is 10-2. Scar does not mean as much to the rest of the world as they mean to us.
2. The NFL is about money. Nothing else.
3. What defense were you watching? They left Scar on the field for 40 minutes. 2/3 of the game.
4. It's not as if our kids were eating only candy bars and soda. Nutrition will help, but not as much as you seem to think.
5. We open with Georgia. NC State will still have Glennon. And Scar will not drop off much if any.

Also, we are going to lose Ellington.
Hopefully Venables can improve the D, recruiting might make an immediate impact. I certainly hope so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By the numbers.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:08 PM

Dude, Glennon as well as Palmer are both Seniors.

Re: By the numbers.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:10 PM [ in reply to By the numbers. ]

I believe Glennon will be gone this year.

Re: Quick thought on the game and the repercussions...

Nov 25, 2012, 3:05 PM

Agreed, I was thinking the same thingnow Boyd and Hopkins should be back and Morris is also probally going to be around another year. The defense hurt us because we could not get them off the field to give the offense a chance. The offense did nothing after the first quarter. SC made adjustments to get pressure on Boyd, we did nothing to stop it, to me thats why they won. Go Tigers.

Hopkins will not be back.***

Nov 25, 2012, 3:10 PM

i hope he's back; i think he needs it. will be interesting

Nov 25, 2012, 3:22 PM

what grade he gets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 3:16 PM

Dang, the Germans are wearing orange colored glasses & drinking orange kool ade too!

Nov 25, 2012, 3:18 PM

Love these type of discussions.So on to next season.
1) No coach is better than the program.Morris may stick around and if Dabo loses a fifth in a row just might be you new HC.Losing 4 in a row is,imo,totally unacceptable.
2)Key here is he(Hopkins) didn't haul in those catches.There are no if's ...If he goes pro,he goes pro.Nothing we can do about it!
3)What D were you looking at? Again we couldn't get off the field.
4)You are aware that other programs also have training tables.Why haven't we have not had one in place all along?
Lastly,we still have not beaten a top 10 program,at home or on the road.And you can drill the Wakes,the Eagles,the Pack all you want.Still will not make us a top 5 team if you lose to UGA or slip up against one of the weaker sisters of the ACC.
Also there is no small step to the MNC.
To paraphrase the late Neil Armstrong,it's going to take more than a small step,it's going to take a giant leap.
There maybe light at the end of the tunnel,but we aren't half way through that tunnel yet.

Not really

Nov 25, 2012, 3:27 PM

#1 - he will get some offers; the key is whether they are the kind of HC job he wants. He likely needs to go to a place like Ball State, Tulsa, etc but in the right area and situation.
#2 - doubt he will be back; NFL is about combines, size and hands.
#3 - this was the worst secondary in Clemson's history; BV needs to fire Harbison today; Coach Cheese is a close friend of Dabo's so this will be interesting to watch.
#4 - TT will help but until we go in a different direction with our S&C program, not much will truly change. Notice how we get dominated in the second halves? FSU and USuC are much more physical, strong, fast.... that is Batson. He seems to be in so tight with Dabo I doubt much will happen but he is a major problem with the program.

We will lose again next year in Columbia; SOS owns Dabo. Spurrier knows it and so does Dabo. Maybe the new AD will let Dabo know with five in a row, you're OUT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that no one wants our coaches.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:29 PM

I am not following how that is a good thing for the future of our program.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic