Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick thought on healing...any Biden voter who really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 513

Quick thought on healing...any Biden voter who really

Nov 10, 2020, 1:07 PM

wanted that to happen could start by acknowledging the good works that the Trump administration accomplished and perhaps speaking to the idea that the majority of the over 70 million who supported Trump were not racist, xenophobic or naive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Quick thought on healing...

Nov 10, 2020, 1:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Criminal justice reform was an accomplishment.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:16 PM

I also enjoyed when he had Soleimani killed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick thought on healing...any Biden voter who really

Nov 10, 2020, 1:22 PM

I don't need to wait until now. I've already commended the administration for the soft-on-crime bill and the wussification of our military. The reforms to federal criminal laws and withdrawals from foreign adventures were things that could never have been accomplished under Democratic regimes for exactly the reasons suggested by the insulting descriptions in the first sentence of this post. It's great that these things were accomplished and that many of their traditional opponents changed their views.

I can't possibly comment on the majority of Trump voters because I've never met them. However, there are very good people in the P&R who voted for Trump. Very fine people on both sides. On both sides. Gosh I'm not going to miss Trump though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Wait...what insult in the first sentence?***

Nov 10, 2020, 1:34 PM

null

Re: Wait...what insult in the first sentence?***

Nov 10, 2020, 2:18 PM

The characterizations in my first sentence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Nov 10, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Quick thought on healing...any Biden voter who really ]

Agree with you and Murcielago.

I'll give Trump more credit even than that - he was coarse and destructive about it, but he did graphically demonstrate some major problems with China other administrations had kept soft-shoeing around...this trade war we're in isn't well-thought-out and has no end game but the endless theft of our intellectual property and their business practices in general approached actual piracy, and their reputation for double-dealing was appalling. The world order is not compatible with China's ultra-racist, ultra-nationalistic, single-minded one-way self-interest...if it takes another Cold War to park them so be it. I don't like that government and I hated that we had to pretend to.

Somebody also needed to remind Europe not to take America's alliance and involvement with NATO and the Paris Accords for granted, and that if everybody wanted a share, everybody needed to step up and pay their share.

I didn't want Trump toppling the global order we were the lead dogs of, as he seemed so bent on doing, but I also didn't mind the fact that he was reminding our often-resentful allies just how valuable it was to them, and that the world looked like a very different place without Uncle Sam there for them.

I also like the fact that we're politically awake now...sort of an "unintended consequences" result to a leader who was taking us down a really frightening path. As a nation we sort of fell asleep and let the politicians do what they wanted without nearly enough scrutiny or accountability...and we duly got Trump, who reminded us all just how out of control stuff can get if we don't watch who we put in office. Especially if Trump lingers as a likely frontrunner for 2024, as he seems likely to, none of us are likely to fall asleep again either...at least I certainly not. But we definitely need to do a better job of valuing and protecting our franchise...because there are people out there who would very much like to ###### it away.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:03 PM

I disagree about people falling asleep again. We were a united country after 9-11. That was only 19 yrs ago and see where we are now. I think the 8 yrs of Obama made people take notice. Obama ran against McCain which I did not trust one bit. Then Rep. then gave us Romney ( don't like him one bit) and he had no chance against the worst incumbent that I can remember. I would vote for Niki who I respect a lot and Tim Scott. I like Scott's story because it give you faith in the USA. No matter where you come from you can achieve your dream by working hard.

I would love to hear President-elect Biden

Nov 10, 2020, 1:49 PM

offer such sentiments. That would help. Can't really do it right now, though, as it doesn't seem the President is in mood to be memorialized.

He has taken a conciliatory tone toward the voters who supported the President, to be fair. But I have not heard him use the specific language of "you are not racist, xenophobic, etc."

Re: I would love to hear President-elect Biden

Nov 10, 2020, 2:03 PM

You really believe that every thing that has happened the last 4 yrs we could ever go back to where we were?

I don't know "where we were"...

Nov 10, 2020, 2:07 PM

I just want people to be kind to each other, and value truth. I don't know if that's "how it used to be" or not.

Re: I don't know "where we were"...

Nov 10, 2020, 6:11 PM

Value truth

LOL the tolerant left***

Nov 10, 2020, 2:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL the tolerant left***

Nov 10, 2020, 2:37 PM

They have no idea...

Replies: 13
| visibility 513
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic