Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick Net Neutrality check in. It’s been four months, I think,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Quick Net Neutrality check in. It’s been four months, I think,

Oct 11, 2018, 4:54 PM

since it was rescinded. How is everyone holding up?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Did you come back today because it was National Comeout Day?***

Oct 11, 2018, 4:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

I don’t understand your question.***

Oct 11, 2018, 5:01 PM

null

4 whole months. Wow, I would have definitely

Oct 11, 2018, 5:00 PM

thought that a monumental shift in public policy would happen at this point. It's just so much time, you know?

Sounds like your okay, then? I would expect the

Oct 11, 2018, 5:03 PM

evil Interwebbers to waste no time ratcheting up and down the speeds and making everyone miserable. How long do you think they’ll wait?

null

Re: Sounds like your okay, then? I would expect the

Oct 11, 2018, 5:04 PM

As soon as the lobbyists for Comcast, Verizon and others get their strategic planning in order for 2019, I suppose.

Wait, wait. Maybe I’m confused. I thought we did away

Oct 11, 2018, 5:07 PM

with Net Neutrality. Am I wrong? If I’m right, what do lobbyists have to do with it? They are good to go to start screwing us over.

Am I misunderstanding something?

null

Are you telling me you don't understand how

Oct 11, 2018, 5:09 PM

strategic planning in large corporations works? It's okay if you don't. But be honest.

Yeah, sounds like that’s what I’m saying. Think someone as

Oct 11, 2018, 5:10 PM

intelligent as you are could dumb it down enough for a simpleton like me to understand?

null

Unfortunately, it would appear that I don't have the time to

Oct 11, 2018, 5:13 PM

do the whole song and dance. I mean, I have to be at work at 7:30 am tomorrow.

Here's a hint though. Any action that were going to be taken on behalf of the bill (or lack there of) wouldn't materialize in just a few months.

You're welcome. Now you can get back to fellating big telecom companies who don't care about you.

Huh. Maybe you didn’t understand the question.

Oct 11, 2018, 5:19 PM

I thought net neutrality ended in July. Is that wrong?

That being the case, and given the angst about that possibility, I assumed that the internet was ruined. I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing in that regard.

What websites won’t load anymore?
What websites require a higher fee from your provider?

Basically, how much more miserable is everyone?

What bill are you referring to?

null

Well this is a dumb reply to his post.

Oct 11, 2018, 5:35 PM

He's answered your question, no changes have happened yet, there will be changes.

I still don't know why any consumer would ever be against net neutrality, so I am fascinated, keep going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I know Net Neutrality is your reason for living, soccer, but

Oct 11, 2018, 5:58 PM

respectfully, he did not answer me. He copped an attitude as if I couldn’t understand and he couldn’t explain. And hey, he may be right, but I’m willing to listen. Even when the guy educating me is being a jerk.

And keep going about what? Where did I comment on the benefits of not having Net Neutrality? I’m simply asking for some of the horror stories of the Wild West environment we now live in. So far, it appears to have really upset Net Neutrality disciples. I can’t imagine why.

null

Re: I know Net Neutrality is your reason for living, soccer, but

Oct 11, 2018, 6:25 PM

I think everyone is in agreement that you're basically being a faggot about the whole thing.

LOL! No way! Not one, but two references to my sexuality

Oct 11, 2018, 6:48 PM

in a thread about Net Neutrality! From liberals! Just fantastic.

I had no idea you guys would get this upset about this. You are REALLY emotionally invested.

null

Re: LOL! No way! Not one, but two references to my sexuality

Oct 11, 2018, 7:06 PM

You can fellate telecom companies if you're into that. Doesn't make you queer, necessarily.

And the previous post was more referencing your weird, passive-aggressive, feminine confrontational tone than your actual sexuality. If that makes you feel better.

Continue.

No this one has run it’s course. Thanks.***

Oct 11, 2018, 7:18 PM

null

Re: LOL! No way! Not one, but two references to my sexuality

Oct 11, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to LOL! No way! Not one, but two references to my sexuality ]

Liberals are so tolerant. It’s on great display in this thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The technology has always been there, the service

Oct 11, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, it would appear that I don't have the time to ]

providers could've done it day one if they wanted. You take 4 months(and they had a lot more than that)to strategically plan in the tech field and you get passed by.

I'm not saying they won't turn the switch tomorrow, but your suggestion that it would take months and months is just silly.

Re: The technology has always been there, the service

Oct 11, 2018, 6:27 PM

Okay. So the fact that nothing has been done yet means there should have never been any concern over NN to being with. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Who said that?***

Oct 11, 2018, 6:48 PM

null

Re: Exactly, no one said that...***

Oct 12, 2018, 10:51 AM

It's not and hasn't ever been a technology question and

Oct 12, 2018, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: The technology has always been there, the service ]

solution. If net neutrality was repealed, and a week later the telecoms started throttling and promoting content based on their preference and business alliances, it would blow up in the collective face of the telecoms, lobbyists, and lawmakers who took their money. It's a delicate situation, and it WILL be newsworthy the first time it happens. After that, the floodgates are opened. It's not IF. It's WHEN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick Net Neutrality check in. It’s been four months, I think,

Oct 11, 2018, 5:06 PM

Last I checked, they can start charging us more for something we used to get for free.

thanks again, really.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you get free that they are now charging you for?***

Oct 11, 2018, 5:08 PM

null

Excuse me. Charged *more* for.***

Oct 11, 2018, 5:09 PM

null

can start, maybe read that part again.

Oct 11, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to What did you get free that they are now charging you for?*** ]

And Possibly we can just let them start drafting how ever much money from our checking accounts that they see fit, you know like totally on the honors system. Because this is what they can do with streaming content now.

bbb but it has not happened yet.

believe me, it will. And it will happen slowly over time so nobody figures out just how badly they are getting fvcked.

so again, thanks for supporting the assfucking of internet subscribers. We just managed to let telcoms skim whatever they want off the top of our entertainment needs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be clear, nothing has changed yet? Gotcha.

Oct 11, 2018, 6:49 PM

Wow you guys are mad.

null

It's a long-term issue

Oct 11, 2018, 6:15 PM

one that is, in the short-term, being battled in California so I'm not sure what could happen until that's settled.

Ask the firefighters back in Cali.***

Oct 12, 2018, 7:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You mean the one where Verizon failed to comply

Oct 12, 2018, 11:33 AM

with its own policy of discontinuing throttling in an emergency situation after the fire department had reached its data limit?

Does Net neutrality prohibit data limits?

null

You ruin a perfect good rant.***

Oct 12, 2018, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean the one where Verizon failed to comply

Oct 12, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to You mean the one where Verizon failed to comply ]

Yep, this affected an unregulated practice by Verizon to throttle service on unlimited plans that went past certain limits. It applies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I don’t think you’re right about that.

Oct 12, 2018, 3:37 PM

NN doesn’t say that Verizon can’t throttle back speed after hitting a certain usage. That was the stated term of the service the fire department purchased, and it is applied uniformly.

null

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic