Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Record April Budget Surplus.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Record April Budget Surplus.

May 7, 2018, 10:38 PM

Go Trump

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/7/cbo-says-april-was-best-month-history-us-budget/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Questionable source: Moonies

May 7, 2018, 10:56 PM

The Unification Church is a cult. April is always an outlier - it’s the month the government brings in the most money every year. This FY, we are heading to a trillion dollar deficit, and that’s all Trump and the corporate tax cut.

Re: Questionable source: Moonies

May 8, 2018, 7:12 AM

RH Tig ain't gonna like this...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

You did see where it made a YOY comparison...

May 8, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Questionable source: Moonies ]

to last April, right? It also touched on why April receipts are always higher (common sense).

I'm thinking you didn't actually read the article.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the same article.

May 7, 2018, 11:11 PM

So far, seven months into fiscal year 2018, the government is running a $382 billion deficit. That’s $37 billion worse than last year’s figure through seven months, chiefly because spending has surged 5 percent so far this year.

About 80% off all the politicians are garbage. Only way they could balance a budget is if lobbyist paid them to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does this have to do with Clemson Football?

May 7, 2018, 11:19 PM

BTW the Washington Times is a joke newspaper owned by a cult leader.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get this trash off the Tiger Football board. Quit posting.***

May 8, 2018, 12:12 AM

It appears to me he posted this on the Politics-Religion

May 8, 2018, 8:05 AM

board.

Who's ####### scok are you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: It appears to me he posted this on the Politics-Religion

May 8, 2018, 10:29 AM

Uhh no he posted it to the football bored. A mod must have moved it over here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inflation. Brace for it.***

May 8, 2018, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sold on inflation right now.

May 8, 2018, 8:47 AM

FR is right at their 2% target and do not plan to increase in the near future. However, normal inflation will still occur of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

One thing to watch is oil went over $70 a barrel for the

May 8, 2018, 11:30 AM

first time since '14 last week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much of a handcuff will that be with Summer coming up?***

May 8, 2018, 12:15 PM

Is a good sign...means demand is growing...

May 8, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to One thing to watch is oil went over $70 a barrel for the ]

which is what we want.

Dude is one of the most distasteful people in public life.

May 8, 2018, 9:24 AM

Ever.

That said, look at his results. The economy is humming (won't last forever, but I'll take it). He has stood by his word with China, North Korea, Isis and Syria and the results have been pretty darn good.

If the election were today, no doubt I'd vote for him again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take this answer. I agree with it for the most part.

May 8, 2018, 9:28 AM

Dude is a huge bag of ####. The argument can be made that the economy was going to do what it was going to do regardless, but he hasn't #### on it like the does his personal stuff.

What I can't stand is the supporters of his who try to justify his actions.

No he's just a huge piece of #### as a person.

which actions are those?

May 8, 2018, 9:53 AM

I said durig the election, I dont care that he's a ######, as long as he gets results. Steve Jobs was a huge ###### but he got the job done. Bezos is a huge ######, but amazon is humming. I see Trump the same way. Obama clipped America's wings and now they are growing back. We just have to endure a ######. stay off of cnn and msnbc and your life will be great.

He has done all above. Rolled back thousands of job killing regulations.
Tax reductions that said would bring in less money, but just broke a record in April. How do you reduce taxes and gain revenue? libs proven wrong again.

There are so many good things that are going on with the economy. It wont last forever but job killing regulations and job killing taxes will help our future.

I never liked Trump, ever. But i wanted him President, especially over the rino's and Hillary.
You keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I wanted different results.
And so far, those results have been awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: which actions are those?

May 8, 2018, 10:07 AM

xtiger said:

stay off of cnn and msnbc and your life will be great.

And fox news ;)

well, Fox aint the one making it seem like

May 8, 2018, 11:29 AM

the world is coming to an end, day after day after day after hour after hour.
I'm not sure how any person can't become mental after watching too much CNN. Its literally a doomsday scenario minute by minute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be honest here.

May 8, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Dude is one of the most distasteful people in public life. ]

He's a jagoff. We all know jagoffs. We just don't know jagoffs who are so public with their billionaire sized ego.

Most distasteful? I'd say he has a ways to go.

He hasn't sent Native Americans on a grueling walk off their lands (Jackson).

He hasn't put Japanese Americans in internment camps (FDR).

He hasn't impregnated a lady while his wife is undergoing cancer treatment (Edwards).

He hasn't killed anyone (Ted Kennedy, et al).

He doesn't have Presidential meetings while getting an enema (Johnson).

On, and on, and on.

He may easily be the most rabidly disliked President in history by his detractors, but most distasteful? He's just scratching the surface.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be honest here.

May 8, 2018, 10:08 AM

Most rabidly disliked? Lincoln says what's up.

I'm gonna go ahead and concede that point.***

May 8, 2018, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you continuously Trump's butt-boy on here:

May 8, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Let's be honest here. ]

1. He disrespected every POW in U.S. History with his comments about McCain. No U.S. President has ever said anything so distasteful.
2. He accused Ted Cruz' father of being involved in the JFK assassination.
3. He tweeted a picture of his wife and Cruz' wife to show that Cruz' wife was ugly.
4. He called the Broward County Deputy working at Parkland HS a coward.
5. He called the wife of Andrew McCabe a loser.

You may be right with your post but why would anyone devote nine sentences to defending the guy by pointing out others who have done bad things?

Weird

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're making what's been my point all along.

May 8, 2018, 10:47 AM

There's some world class cognitive dissonance and mass hysteria surrounding Trump. Period. My comments to date about Trump are generally just common sense observations, that on a less emotionally charged topic, most would probably just nod their heads and think "no duh, stupid".

Exhibit A for today is you reading my post and finding it to be anything resembling a "defense" of Trump. That's the worst "defense" I've ever read.

Your rebuttal is nothing but a bunch of sticks and stones childish stupid comments that in no way come close to the things I mentioned. You probably know this, but you mentioned them anyway, as if they counterbalance things in some way, and in the process, again made my point.

There is no hysteria coming from me concerning Trump.

May 8, 2018, 11:28 AM

I've given the guy credit many times for the market spike starting in 2016, but enough is enough. He's an embarrassment over and over on the world stage.

But, and this is laughable if so, are you labeling my criticism of Trump's McCain comments as "sticks and stones childish comments?"

All you do is defend him over and over, but in a sly-back handed way. The only threads I ever see you in are saying stuff like "yea, he's bad but Bush...", or yea, he's bad but Ted Kennedy, or yea, he's bad, but Hillary..."

It's okay man, defend the guy, but be more upfront with it.

LOL....but-but accusations now?

May 8, 2018, 11:37 AM

c'mon man, you can do better than that.

I won't defend his persona, his integrity (or lack thereof), or many (most) of his antics.

I will defend the fact that the results of year one so far are largely net positive.

Adding any more flavor than that to my commenting patterns on Trump is just personal bias creeping in.

Personal bias against you or Trump?

May 8, 2018, 11:49 AM

"I will defend the fact that the results of year one so far are largely net positive."

Okay, man, that will have to do for now.

And you committed the "but but" in your first post in this thread. Dang, you even brought Jackson into it from close to 200 years ago. That's worse than bringing up "Dems are racist" in a civil rights debate in 2148.

naw, not against me. You and I are good.

May 8, 2018, 12:15 PM

Against Trump. Point being, that giving faint praise =/= "butt boy".

There's a massive gray area between thinking he's Hitler and thinking he's the Messiah.

Re: I think you're making what's been my point all along.

May 8, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I think you're making what's been my point all along. ]

Have to agree with Obed. Trump's a jagoff....just not the worst jagoff ever.

Nixon was a worse Jagoff.

Re: I think you're making what's been my point all along.

May 8, 2018, 8:50 PM

Nah. Nixon was competent when he wasn't paranoid.

Trump doesn't know what competent means.

Dat peace and prosperity doh.***

May 8, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Why are you continuously Trump's butt-boy on here: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, that he seems to want to hurt if possible. His

May 8, 2018, 11:16 AM

announcement (that no one else in the room had heard anything about) that he was instituting a global tariff of 25% on steel and aluminum was just DUMB. He made the whole word jittery, even our level playing field partners, the EU and Canada. There is nothing the world economy dislikes more than uncertainty. The market dropping about 10% was directly related to that.

Agreed....poorly thought out and poorly executed...

May 8, 2018, 11:29 AM

these tariffs are about to wreak havoc on my business and there is no capacity available to buy US raw steel for the grade steel we use. So, we're getting hosed heavy because what we buy from South Korea has hit their yearly quota already and what we get from Japan is subject to the tariff. Neither one of those countries is protectionist on steel as far as I know. We're not buying squat from China and we're paying the price.

And it only helps our competition based in Mexico and Canada to take share from us in the US.

AND I'm now looking at buying completed cores instead of steel because there is no tariff on completed items, just raw steel. So that will mean laying off a complete department of core winding, annealing, and prep...probably about 10 people.

End result, our costs will increase relative to most of our competitors, we will cut jobs, and not a single pound of additional US steel will be consumed. Brilliant!

I mean, I agree.

May 8, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Let's be honest here. ]

It's too early to grasp the scope of the damage this man will do before he's done.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You may be right, you may be wrong....I don't know.

May 8, 2018, 11:06 AM

Let's say he's a one term guy, and the next 3 years are like the first one.

Would that be a net positive or net negative in your opinion?

Given those parameters

May 9, 2018, 8:54 AM

He would be one of the worst president's in U.S. history, but likely not the most damaging.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Good lawd...

May 9, 2018, 8:54 AM

I'm slinging typos today.

Let's be really honest here

May 8, 2018, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Let's be honest here. ]

The frequency at which Trump is working in regards to being distasteful puts any other President/politician to shame. What you, correctly, point out is that in the 1+ year span of being President, Trump hasn't yet created that defining act of distasteful behavior that one can point to. Although, cheating on your wife just after she gave birth with a #### star and then paying her to keep quiet and (possibly) threatening that #### star comes dangerously close. Also, if collusion turns out to be true that would also be the defining issue. So, let's just wait and see.

In terms of rabidly disliked Presidents by detractors, that's got to go to Obama. Not necessarily for the poll numbers but the discrepancy between what he actually was as president and what they saw him as being.

I'm pretty confident...

May 8, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Dude is one of the most distasteful people in public life. ]

There's nothing Trump could do that would make you vote against him.

I'm pretty confident he'll be hard to beat in 2020.***

May 8, 2018, 7:51 PM

I like my President

May 9, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Dude is one of the most distasteful people in public life. ]

To bang pron chicks and po Iran.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic