Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to Clemson fans who can remember
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,411

Question to Clemson fans who can remember

Jan 8, 2013, 1:09 PM

Did we ride the jocks of FSU and Miami when they were dominant? Or is this a coot thing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

When they

Jan 8, 2013, 1:12 PM

Were dominant, if I remember, they weren't in the ACC. You guys correct this if it is wrong

FSU had their big ride in the 90s and were in the ACC

Jan 8, 2013, 1:13 PM

I absolutely hated them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU had their big ride in the 90s and were in the ACC

Jan 8, 2013, 1:19 PM

I agree. Miami has never been dominant in the ACC. Florida State was, and it was not a source of pleasure for me. I hated losing to them as much as to usc jr. This "love in" with the SEC is a product of the constant media hype by ESecPN. Everybody is enjoying their fifteen minutes of fame at Alabama's expense. I still say the SEC is little more than Alabama and the eleven dwarfs. And if recruiting is any indication, that's how it will remain for the foreseeable future. But don't worry; the Clemson Tigers are coming. We're on the right track. If we improve the next four years as much as we have the past four, beating usc jr. won't be a big deal. Winning the National Championship will! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU had their big ride in the 90s and were in the ACC

Jan 8, 2013, 2:06 PM

Are you serious, the SEC has won HOW MANY national championships in a row? They went 6-3 in bowl games this year, and I can't remember the last time they lost a head to head series with the ACC or any other conference. And we #####, ran than beat their butt on the field.

Who is the "we" in this situation?? I didn't see USuCk playing

Jan 8, 2013, 2:26 PM

out there last night...

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC has a losing record vs the Big Least in bowls...So

Jan 8, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU had their big ride in the 90s and were in the ACC ]

tell me how the most dominant conference can have a losing record(and it's not even close) against the worst BCS conference?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU didn't win either of it's 2 NCs until AFTER they joined.

Jan 8, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to When they ]

Your memory has failed you...

Well, Miami was never dominant while in the ACC

Jan 8, 2013, 1:12 PM

And no Tiger fan I knew ever took pride in FSU winning a bunch of games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jock riding did not happen. only hate***

Jan 8, 2013, 1:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strictly Coot...they have nothing else to claim***

Jan 8, 2013, 1:18 PM

Re: Question to Clemson fans who can remember

Jan 8, 2013, 1:20 PM

Nope Duke and UNC do well in Basketball and i hate those SOBs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I remember taking great joy in the day FSU finally got beat

Jan 8, 2013, 1:25 PM

As did the rest of the students I knew. At the same time we were disgusted that it was *UVA* that finally beat them.

Re: I remember taking great joy in the day FSU finally got beat

Jan 8, 2013, 1:33 PM

I see this SEC thing as a circle the wagons deal because it has been made out to be all other conferences against the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never happened. Some may have applauded their success...

Jan 8, 2013, 1:53 PM

...but no one that I can recall ever tried to extoll FSU's strength as a boon to Clemson.

Let's try it this way: do other ACC teams tout Duke in basketball? Maryland in lacrosse? Clemson in concrete canoe?

Nope, the desire to siphon glory from those who rightly deserve it is the mark of a lesser man.

And we don't specialize in lesser men at Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cootishness***

Jan 8, 2013, 2:02 PM

Probably need to approach this from a basketball....

Jan 8, 2013, 2:36 PM

perspective since the SEC is football first conference and the ACC is basketball first conference.

Have any ACC members schools ever celebrated the strength of ACC basketball, even if their own schools didn't contribute to said strength?

The answer to that would be yes.

I know I don't.

Jan 8, 2013, 2:38 PM

Screw UNC and Duke.

Who does this? Clemson does not.

Jan 8, 2013, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Probably need to approach this from a basketball.... ]

Maybe GTech?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

We did it a lot in basketball in the past.***

Jan 8, 2013, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely a Coot Thing!!!

Jan 8, 2013, 2:56 PM

Hated FSU beginning with the "rooskie" play. Hated loosing to them always wanted them to get beat! Still do!

SCAR does it because they suck traditionally! Now they continue to do it out of tradition!

In all my years I have never heard a coot fan say "well you guys just beat us what can I say?"
There is always some excuse for why they lost!
If they win it is b/c they are int the SEC and if they lose it is b/c of the SEC!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,411
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic