Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for those that voted for Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Question for those that voted for Trump

Nov 11, 2016, 1:27 PM

We have seen articles and posts regarding Trump's plans for his first 100 days. There's a lot there and much of it likely won't happen or will take some time.

Let's assume that he only has four years (I think a safe assumption at this point) to get things done...what are the top three things you would like to see accomplished by the time he leaves Washington? I did not vote for Trump, but I can get on board with a few things (not necessarily in order).

1. Progress on fixing our national infrastructure issues (roads, bridges, etc.)
2. A plan to replace/improve the ACA which still includes guarantees that pre-existing conditions will be covered and ensures that a person doesn't have to take out a second mortgage or lose everything because they get sick
3. Term Limits

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. 1 pack the Supreme Court with conservatives;

Nov 11, 2016, 1:30 PM

No. 2 build the wall and begin mass deportations; No. 3 no more wars/bring troops home; No. 4 eliminate some departments - start with education / accross the board spending cut; No. 5. cut taxes across the board

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. 1 pack the Supreme Court with conservatives;

Nov 11, 2016, 1:32 PM

Well, this has been helpful for me so far in that I just discovered the ONLY thing you and I likely have in common is our love for Clemson...lol.

GO TIGERS!

Nov 11, 2016, 1:37 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elections shouldn't have consenquences?***

Nov 11, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: No. 1 pack the Supreme Court with conservatives; ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what I don't get.

Nov 11, 2016, 3:56 PM [ in reply to No. 1 pack the Supreme Court with conservatives; ]

You said you were voting for Trump because it was like throwing a molotov cocktail into Washington politics, but now you seem to be extolling (what you expect to be) his substantive policy choices. Passing tax reform and military isolationism aren't molotov cocktails.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily in a set order...

Nov 11, 2016, 1:45 PM

Put America and Americans first as is #1 job of the US gubermit
Fill vacant Supreme Court spots with judges who do not legislate from the bench or "interpret" the Constitution.
Undo a fair number of Obama "illegal" executive orders immediately
Greatly reduce the powers of the EPA, enable the Keystone and other pipelines
Eliminate the Dept. of Education because we are all undereducated
Enforce immigration law, eliminate Catch-n-Release, no funding for Sanctuary Cities, etc.
Infrastructure projects and modernization
Bring corporate $$$ back to the USA, lower corporate tax to be competitive
Renegotiate trade agreements
Make other countries pay their fair share in areas the USA funds way too much, reduce funding to UN
Give responsibility back to State gubermint instead of dictating everything
Make people who get handouts and do nothing but protest all day do my lawn work and wash-n-wax my car

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not necessarily in a set order...

Nov 11, 2016, 1:55 PM

That's quite a list and some of it I could get behind (devil is always in the details)...but can you narrow it down to three? Really trying to get a feel for what is MOST important to you.

If anything...I will add to the list but the most important

Nov 11, 2016, 1:59 PM

DO IT ALL IN TWO YEARS BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION!

I predict, in two years inflation will be on the rise because of the high wages being paid because there's a shortage in the labor supply.

Re: Not necessarily in a set order...

Nov 11, 2016, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Not necessarily in a set order... ]

"Fill vacant Supreme Court spots with judges who do not legislate from the bench or "interpret" the Constitution."

So if judges do not interpret, what is their purpose?

I'll hang up and listen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify...

Nov 11, 2016, 7:55 PM

Judges should make ruling based on the original meaning of the Constituion rather than interpret it in terms of current conditions as if the Constituion is a "living document" of which the meaning changes depending on current trends and popularity as the wind blows.

Re: Question for those that voted for Trump

Nov 11, 2016, 1:59 PM

1. Corporate Tax roll back to 15%.
2. Obamacare dismantle. (replace with pre-exsisting conditions being accepted)
3. Curtail Immigration - Arab refugees being top priority.

Nov 11, 2016, 2:08 PM

1. Don't have to look at/listen to Hillary ever again (goes for all Clintons and Bushes)

------ huge break in list -----

2. One or more non-activist Supreme Court judges. Judges with wisdom and reason.
3. Fix foreign/domestic business and trade (resulting in more USA jobs)

All the social crap I don't care about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fixing he inner cities, defeating ISIS, ..

Nov 11, 2016, 2:15 PM

defeating all of the cartels, stopping radical Islam, deporting all of the illegals, etc etc.

Nov 11, 2016, 2:16 PM

1-Load Al Sharpton, Barbara Streisand, Miley Cryus, Katy Perry, Brian Cranston, Cher, Rosie, Whoopie, and anyone else who wants to go on Air Force One and fly them one way to Canada.

2-Don't allow them back...

That's a start.

No, send them to Mexico...

Nov 11, 2016, 2:27 PM

...we don't want to be rassist do we.

Also, it goes without saying, fill in the vacant seats with lawyers.

Nov 11, 2016, 9:05 PM

I look for Trump to be a compromise president. I don't think he has any real beliefs he just wants to be viewed as a "great" president.

I think he will trade single payer healthcare for a flat tax.

I think he will trade the wall for much improved enforcement and mass deportation of criminals, followed by amnesty for all who are left.

I think he will massively cut Gov waste and spending in exchange for huge increase in the social safety net and welfare.

I think he will appoint a moderate to the court in exchange for other agenda items.

As far as what I want it would be less wasteful spending, cut taxes and flatten tax code, and combine VA with the ACA and have a separate non profit health system for those who completely depend on the Gov. for care. Also enforce the border, allow more legal immigration and use some common sense compassion for those undocumented who we have allowed to come here by looking the other way for so long.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic