»
Topic: Question for the house cooters
Replies: 113   Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 2:58 PM by: wevegotgreatnessinus
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 113  

Question for the house cooters

[14]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:50 PM
 

In the Gamehens vs Tennessee game the gamecocks had the following drives:

Missed FG
Fumble at the Tenn 10
Interception at the Tenn 5

Tenn won by 2 points....

Would SC have won had they not turned it over on one of those drives or made that FG?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Would they have gone to a BCS game?***

[6]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:51 PM
 



2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton


Is this going to have something to do with

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:53 PM
 

candy and nuts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


No, that sounds like a date night with lbu and newb***

[4]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:54 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


What ewe know of this?

[4]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:55 PM
 

Some juan been a peeping tom?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


yes, bob

[4]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:55 PM
 

he tmaled me the details....


unfortunately...

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Ah, so there was definitely no tall grass around then

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:58 PM
 

And by tall of course I mean knee high

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Rookie mistake

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 9:02 AM
 

That's actually quite lazy of you, you coulda at least put up a few duck blinds

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood


Come on, fishing with some pretty good bait here

[3]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:58 PM
 

One of you feather brains has to take a bite....

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Come on, fishing with some pretty good bait here

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 6:57 PM
 

They don't understand the question.

Or those that do understand won't like dealing with the FACTS that you're pointing out ;)

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

But Tennessee is such an SEC powerhouse.***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 5:09 PM
 



2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Re: Question for the house cooters***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 5:44 PM
 






Re: Question for the house cooters***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 5:59 PM
 

They had plenty of opportunities outside of the ones you mentioned. On UT's last drive, they gave up one big play that lost it for them. Bottom line is, Carolina didn't play well on the road in the SEC and usually the result isn't a good one. Anyways, as the old saying goes,"excuses typically come from the loser's lockeroom."


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 6:51 PM
 

Turnovers are part of the game and players are coached how to strip the ball. A LOT of big games have been decided from turnovers. Were we the better team than Tennessee? Yes, but not that day. That day they came to play and we just showed up. They made the big play at the end and won the turnover battle. I do put a lot of the blame on Spurrier for that one though with his foolish timeouts and play calling in the 4th qtr. That game still burns a hole in my @$$.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:00 PM
 

It was pretty clear we were a better team than you, just not the day we played.

Our "high school offense" moved the ball very well against your brutal SEC caliber defense.

If we cut the TO's just in half we beat you by a couple scores.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[3]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:01 PM
 

Excuses are for losers.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:02 PM
 

Lol. You just said the same thing about your game with Tennessee.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:05 PM
 

No I didn't. I said that they were the better team that day. The final rankings tell you who the better team was that year. We were the better team than you that day and we finished the year ranked higher than you so that made us the better team that year as well.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:10 PM
 

Dood you just used turnovers as the excuse. Excuses is excuses. And losers are losers.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:12 PM
 

> No I didn't. I said that they were the better team
> that day. The final rankings tell you who the better
> team was that year. We were the better team than you
> that day and we finished the year ranked higher than
> you so that made us the better team that year as well.


By that logic, two teams play one loses, neither are ranked at seasons end. Who is the better team? (Since you say the better team is ranked higher at seasons end) lol

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:15 PM
 

##### did I just read? Is this guy serious?


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:04 PM
 

Yet you just wrote a 90 word excuse above. Loser

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:02 PM
 

> Clemson was the better team, just not that day

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:06 PM
 

The final rankings say otherwise.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[3]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:20 PM
 

The rankings system is asinine.

The #3, #5, #6, and #7 teams all lost to better opponents than you played in your bowl game. You beat the #19 team and jumped all them?

You gonna tell me that's not retarded?

#5 ranked Stanford lost to #4 ranked Michigan St. and that caused them to drop all the way to #11. Does that make sense?


Bottom Line is Clemson lost

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:22 PM
 

For the fifth straight time. Changing the narrative doesn't change the score. If so, Rodney Gardner would've been flagged.


Re: Bottom Line is Clemson lost

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:23 PM
 

And you lost to Tennessee.

But you were the better team right?


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:25 PM
 

Michigan State didn't play for the NC - does that make any sense?

IMO, they were the best team at the end of the year. I don't know when I've seen a team improve game over game all year like they did. At the end of the bowls, they were one of the best complete teams I've ever seen.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:31 PM
 

I thought they were too, especially after seeing Auburn squeak by a depleted UGA team and then Alabama get handled by Oklahoma. Finally this year we'll get to see a true champion crowned.

What's even more ridiculous is Alabama lost to the #11 team and only dropped to #7. Stanford loses to the 4th ranked team and drops out of the top 10.


So you think Auburn shouldn't have been in the NC, even


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:46 PM
 

though they led until the last 20 seconds?

Good logic.


Logical Coots


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:51 PM
 

Do not exist. The same way that Championships elude them so then does logical thought processes.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23


I'll take that as you agree with me.***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:54 PM
 




Dude, why are you agreeing with a coot?***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:56 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:28 PM
 

> The rankings system is asinine.
>
> The #3, #5, #6, and #7 teams all lost to better
> opponents than you played in your bowl game. You beat
> the #19 team and jumped all them?
>
> You gonna tell me that's not retarded?
>
> #5 ranked Stanford lost to #4 ranked Michigan St. and
> that caused them to drop all the way to #11. Does
> that make sense?

Personally as a life long Clemson man and fan, I don't think I could brag had that been Clemson that jumped those teams instead of Coot U.

I'll especially never figure out how #5 loses to #4 and drops that far. They lost to #4 but to hear Coots, you'd think sc beat em

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:37 PM
 

The rankings are asinine. Could not agree more. They matter very little outside of who gets in playoff. I hate that we lost to Tennessee and based on the whole season I think we were better than them. Doesn't matter, though. All that matters is the score on the day you play. I also think we were better than Clemson last year. However, I can't blame any Tiger who feels differently and think Clemson fans can make a good argument that they were better last year. Clemson definitely outplayed us in areas of the game. However, the score is the objective.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:01 PM
 

"I also think we were better than Clemson last year"

I guess the fact that Clemson won EVERY position battle led you to that conclusion

Have to be a dumb clucker not to realize you were gift wrapped the football game

...blocking player into your punt returner...check

muffed punt...check

news flash, ya didn't cause a lot of those turnovers

I am one to admit when we skate a W...and it's happened

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:23 PM
 

Yeah, y'all gave us a few breaks. No denying that. However, not making bone headed plays is part of being a good team. We could have ma see more mistakes but we didn't


Tell em, coot.***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:21 PM
 



2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:50 PM
 

Final rankings are all we have to go buy. Your opinion, my opinion, Mich States opinion are all objective under the influence of fan hood. So we have to leave it to a group across the country to come up with the rankings, like it or not.

Stats can be deceiving. A team can move the ball between the 20's but unless they can get points and more importantly 7 points all those yards are meaningless. Did Clemson lose due to turnovers, sure but you also have to give credit to USC for forcing those turnovers.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:56 PM
 

And to answer those who say that I was making excuses you couldn't be farther off. Every team out there can point to plays that led to a loss but the bottom line is that they lost. I accept that loss and concede that they were the better team that day. I also stated that they came to play and we just showed up. If Clemson had finished the season ranked higher than us than yes I would agree that you were the better team, lord knows I have had more than my fair share of those years. But, the fact still stands that for the past 5 years USC has beat you both on the field and in final rankings so that makes us the better team in the nations perspective.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:10 PM
 

"concede that they were the better team that day"

It is impossible for you to say UT was a better team...is it not?

BECAUSE THEY AREN'T

You screwed the pooch and lost to a lesser team

We know the feeling

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:58 PM
 

How does the #9 ranked team beating the #19 ranked team prove they were better than #3 who lost to #11, #5 who lost to #4, #6 who lost to #15, and #7 who lost to #12?


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:06 PM
 

It's called a complete body of work. How many ranked teams did this team beat? How many top 10 teams did this team beat? Strength of schedule. Final rankings are not based on one game they are based on the entire season.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:16 PM
 

I agree complete body of work

looking at final poll

We lost to #1 and lost via comedy of errors to #4

You lost to unranked GA and UT

..and didn't play Alabama, Auburn or LSU in reg. season

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:16 PM
 

And what exactly were the rankings before the bowl games based on?

Supposedly the entire body of work leading up to that point, right?

So again:

How does the #9 ranked team beating the #19 ranked team prove they were better than #3 who lost to #11, #5 who lost to #4, #6 who lost to #15, and #7 who lost to #12?


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:24 PM
 

How? You beat the #5, #8 and #10 teams in the country. The only team in the country to do this.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:32 PM
 

Then you should have been ranked ahead of them before the bowl games right?

But you weren't.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:36 PM
 

We only jumped Missouri(who Carolina beat on the road). Clemson and UCF were ranked behind us before the bowl. You do know the AP and Coaches Poll aren't a bunch of writers and coaches from the southeast. They are from all over the country and they both agreed on the #4 team in the country. Not my opinion...fact


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:42 PM
 

Huh?

Y'all jumped from #9 to #4 after bowl games.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:43 PM
 

Wrong.

Missouri was ranked ahead of you in the final BCS standings.

Going into the bowl games you were ranked ahead of Missouri in both the AP and coaches poll. You jumped Alabama, Stanford, Baylor, and Ohio St. after the bowls.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:03 PM
 

Why are you even arguing...
South Carolina beat 3 teams in the top 10...
2 of those teams won BCS bowls...
we beat UCF AND MISSOURI ON THE ROAD...
we deserved that ranking..
The Gamecocks have been the better team for the last 5 years and I see no reason for that not to continue...
West Virginia just scored again.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:05 PM
 

Oh look another pathetic cooter.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:09 PM
 

Great response...I would probly ignore the facts too if I were you.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 8:36 AM
 

No one ever said you shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. Try to keep up.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Ain't worth the trouble, CUATFL...

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 8:40 AM
 

The fact that they feel the need to be here spewing their hate and "facts" says pretty much all we need to know.

Still got that little brother inferiority complex going on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:07 PM
 

So did Auburn moron.

Poor coot probably doesn't realize that Auburn best the chicks by a wider margin than West Virginia beat the tigers.

Oops

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:11 PM
 

South Carolina also didn't give up 70 points...


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:18 PM
 

The one chance at another championship banner for the poster-children for lost causes and they get flummoxed by 39 points ...worst beating in SEC Championship history. That is no bragging point , its a running joke.
Scam just scored again , Dirtpeckers.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:43 PM
 

They agree with what they get spoon fed...

Ain't nobody got time for that

Plus the higher the chickens are ranked, they more they can BS on air about Stevie

...their only real interest in the chicken program

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:46 PM
 

Your a idiot if you think all the coaches/writers actually watched all those games before ranked sc "#4" take that to the bank.

Fact

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:46 PM
 

You can argue rankings until you are blue in the face but it won't change anything. Final rankings are made up from experts from across the country with no bias, your theories are based on nothing but bias. You only see one game out of a season where the final rankings are made from the COMPLETE season. USC beat two BCS champions finishing in the top 10, Missouri who finished #5 and #24 Vandy, Clemson beat one top 25 team in Ohio St (which was a great win by the way). We were the better team no matter what your personal opinion is.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:49 PM
 

And Skeeter, if you insist on using the final BCS rankings USC finished ahead of Clemson as well so once again we were the better team.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:49 PM
 

Y'all should feel great that for the first time in over 30 years, a team from the state finished in the top 5.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:51 PM
 

Too bad you don't get a trophy for that.

However you do get one for winning a BCS bowl.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:58 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:50 PM
 

I'm not arguing that we should be ranked ahead of you, just that you didn't deserve to be #4 and that the ranking system is a joke.

You keep saying that the final rankings are the entire body of work. What were the rankings leading into the bowls based on then? Because they had you ranked behind all those teams you jumped and they had already seen you beat Missouri, Clemson, and UCF.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:51 PM
 

I was going to fight this fight once the big one latched on but you guys are doing a great job. I'll just sit back and watch.

They're already proving my point.

"Tennessee was better that day but they're not better"

"That same logic doesn't work for clemson vs us"

Bunch of hypocrite chickens.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:54 PM
 

Again, excuses come from the losers lockeroom.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:56 PM
 

Nah, in this case the better team came from it.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:59 PM
 

Sure it did


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:58 PM
 

Is this you?

If so, you should remember vividly the one and only national championship in football for this state and remember the one and ONLY BCS winner from this state.

Hint: both teams wore Orange.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:03 PM
 

Sorry, I am 32. I don't remember the first one. The second one was a joke. A team goes to the Orange Bowl having beat zero teams in the top 25 on the last week before bowl season. Hey, if WVU and Kansas can win , I guess Clemson can.


At least there is an objective measure


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 8:59 PM
 

To show Carolina was the better team than tennesee last season.

There isn't a single objective measure to show Clemson was a better team than Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


is an objective measure


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:05 PM
 

The Vols won that game .
Your objective measure argument has been objectively disregarded as false.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23


Yes that is the other objective measure


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:11 PM
 

So I'm not going to sit here and pout if Tennessee fans want to say they're the better team.

They have a legitimate argument.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Yes that is the other objective measure


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:13 PM
 

No Tennessee fans aren't dumb enough to claim they are. Unlike you ###### heads.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: At least there is an objective measure

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:07 PM
 

You mean besides the fact that we put up more yards than your offense. Held your offense to less yards and were tied going into the 4th quarter after a 0-4 turnover margin.

Yeah let's ignore those facts.

Anyone who remotely follows college football would agree that a team that turns the ball over 4 times and is still tied going into the 4th quarter is the better team.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Just a little more and you can touch the moon


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:10 PM
 

You're reaching so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Just a little more and you can touch the moon

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:12 PM
 

You're right. Trying to use logic with you is reaching.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Just because you call it logic

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:14 PM
 

Doesn't mean it's actually logical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Just because you call it logic

[2]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:16 PM
 

Know what is truly illogical? A coot on a TIGER board arguing over what is logical.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: At least there is an objective measure


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:46 PM
 

maybe the better team doesn't turn the ball over six times


Yes there is.


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 1:32 PM
 

We have better looking uniforms. We have a better looking stadium. Our sunsets are better looking. Our tailgating venue is better looking.

So there's that!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:41 PM
 

Should have beaten Tennessee...should have lost to Missouri.


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 9:58 PM
 

Would you say you guys beat yourselves in that game?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:18 PM
 

South Carolina was the better team..
Had Mike not fumbled the ball 2 on the Missouri side of the field.. It wouldn't have been close...
Shaw didn't play till the 4th quarter so there's that too...The Tennessee game was just bad on all accounts..
So we deserved to lose that one


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 8:38 AM
 

So you're willing to say Tennessee was the better team last year?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:48 PM
 

no but they were better that day, South Carolina was better on the day they beat Clemson and for the entire season


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 1:01 PM
 

lol....coot logic

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


I'm still thinking about WHAT IF


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:23 PM
 

my coots had beaten Navy in 1984...... :(


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 9:35 AM
 

OK one more time......

Tennessee was the better team that day they won the game and deserve all the credit for doing so. USC was the better team when we played Clemson, we won and deserve all the credit as well. Tennessee finished with a losing record and unranked, we finished #4 with a 11-2 record with wins over 3 top ten teams two of which won BCS games and one top 25 team. That means we were the better team that year. Clemson finished the season #8 with ONE top 25 win which happened to be in the Orange Bowl. We beat you in both head to head match up and final rankings which means only one thing, we were the better team. Rankings come from experts across the country not fans on message boards.

Enjoy your BCS trophy, you won the game and deserve it. But that trophy does not make you the better team, it just means you got to play in a BCS game and made the best of it. Congratulations (and I actually do mean that it was not meant to be sarcastic).

Personally I think our rivalry is much better now that both teams are national contenders. It makes our games much more than just a state rivalry and now with the new playoff system it could be the difference in who makes it in.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 9:37 AM
 

So you should have beat Tenn and you're the better team.


Clemson should have beat USCjr but isn't?


Gotcha. Coot logic at its finest...

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Question for the house cooters


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 9:43 AM
 

How can you say Clemson was the better team? Because the NCAA rules put you and Ohio St in a BCS game? We both finished 11-2 but we beat you and had a tougher strength of schedule. You base your logic without one single fact.


Re: Question for the house cooters

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:02 AM
 

Because we gave you the ball 4 times and you could still only tie us going into 4th quarter. We then gave it to you 2 more times.

And even giving you the ball 6 times, we put up more yards than you did. We outplayed you in every facet of that game except turnovers and the score.

We were better period. Why can't you admit you beat a superior team?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


UGa was a top 25 win for us last year (actually top 10)

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 9:52 AM
 

They weren't the same team after all the injuries so you can't base it off final rankings.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Re: UGa was a top 25 win for us last year (actually top 10)


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:00 AM
 

That was pre-season rankings. Those are pretty much meaningless. Georgia's defense was why they were so bad last year although the injuries did play a big part. There defense gave up an average of 30 points a game.


Re: UGa was a top 25 win for us last year (actually top 10)

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:03 AM
 

You're right, they were #5 preseason and beat the #4 final team. Preseason had them pegged lower than they should have ben before injuries...

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Why do you keep talking to this dude?

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:06 AM
 

It's pretty clear the only meaningful rankings and "facts" are those that substantiate one of his claims or can paint Clemson in a negative light.

The simple fact that he's here spouting this nonsense should tell you about the inferiority complex.

Ain't worth the trouble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Re: Why do you keep talking to this dude?

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:11 AM
 

OK here are some facts from our game.

Score USC-31 CU-17
1st Downs USC-21 CU-18
Total yards USC-318 CU-352 (a difference of 34 yards)
Total plays USC-78 CU-57
Time of possession USC-38:9 CU-21:51
Turnovers USC-0 CU-6


So if you are anything but a Clemson fan and looked at those stats who would you say was the better team?


I couldn't care less about whether or not you

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:21 AM
 

think either team had a better season last year. I just find it hilarious how many Gamecock fans come here everyday claiming they just want to have a well-informed discussion of football when in reality we all know you just want to rub 5 in a row in our faces. Just call it what it is. I will give you credit for one thing, at least you fly your colors outright. Bottom line though is that if Clemson had won the last 5 games in the series, you wouldn't be here. Period.

I guess y'all are just following the example of your coach though. Clemson Clemson Clemson Clemson Clemson. Is that what it's like in your head?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Re: I couldn't care less about whether or not you


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:30 AM
 

Actually I do come here to discuss football and only responded to a post directed to us Coots. I really had no intention to turn it into smack but found myself on the defense. Look back at some of my other posts, you will very rarely see anything but civil discussion.


I don't care about how "civil" you are about it, it's your


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:35 AM
 

intent to which I am referring.

Case in point:

I am not over on a Gamecock fan site going on about how clearly Clemson is the better team based on this or that.

What are you doing?

Thanks for playing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Re: Why do you keep talking to this dude?


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 10:33 AM
 

Here are some more stats:

Beginning of 4th Quarter:
Score USCjr 17 - Clemson 17
Yards Clemson 282 - USCjr 248 yards
First Downs Clemson 15 - USCjr 16
Total plays: Clemson 46 - USCjr 57
Turnovers Clemson 4 - USCjr 0

Looking at those stats as an outsider, who is better?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Wow I didn't even realize it was only 34 yards


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:30 PM
 

He was acting as if they out gained us by 150 yards.

I hope he doesn't actually believe what he's saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Wow I didn't even realize it was only 34 yards

[2]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:34 PM
 

The fact that we outgained you period after turning the ball over 6 times to your 0 is pathetic in and of itself.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Why is it pathetic?

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:46 PM
 

It's mostly a sign that you had a much longer field to go to score.

Capitalizing on your turnovers have us a short field and limited the amount of yards we gained.

That's a good problem to have.

UGA outgained you by more than double what you outgained us by. I'm guessing UGA lost to an inferior Clemson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Why is it pathetic?


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:58 PM
 

That might would be an excuse if

1. It weren't 6 turnovers. SIX. Not 2. SIX. That's 6 drives that we had unfinished.

2. Some of the turnovers where on YOUR end

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


So you think UGA was the better team

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 1:07 PM
 

And Clemson was fortunate to win?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: So you think UGA was the better team


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 2:53 PM
 

It's quite possible. They did beat you idgits...

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: Why is it pathetic?

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 1:08 PM
 

It seemed turnovers was the norm when playing a decent defense. Why can't y'all just say "we lost" instead of making excuses


Two of the turnovers were after the game was decided

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 1:09 PM
 

And two were on punts. So it wasn't like you were driving it down our throats and we got lucky.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


CUAt, I think you lost the argument


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 2:51 PM
 

when you started stating untruths as facts.

You repeatedly said the fourth quarter started as a tie and Clemson had 4 turnovers, but that is completely incorrect. The following is fact, and can not be disputed:

With 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Clemson had 2 turnovers and SC had one "turnover on downs" at Clemson's 15 yard line. South Carolina was winning by a touchdown, and Clemson had the ball. Those are indisputable facts.

You guys turned it over 4 times in the last 8 minutes (2 in garbage time). It isn't like you guys had been turning the ball over all game. It was a very good game up util that point and at the very end you guys shot yourselves in the foot. It is a complete stretch to infer that Clemson would have won the game without those turnovers, but it is certainly fair to say that you guys took yourself out of position to win because of turnovers. Bottom line is that you were down by 7 with 8 minutes left, had the ball and literally fumbled the game away.


Re: CUAt, I think you lost the argument


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 2:55 PM
 

You're right. It was 4 turnovers in the 4th, not before. #### that helps my argument.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Re: CUAt, I think you lost the argument


Posted: Aug 13, 2014 2:58 PM
 

You lost....get over it


Replies: 113  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
9230 people have read this post