Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the bored ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Question for the bored ...

Jan 24, 2019, 4:07 PM

.Is there a way to determine who TD'd a post? Not sure if there is - and actually not sure if it would be a good idea. However I know in one instance I got a TD and the reason was that my post was misunderstood by the TD'er. At any rate once I understood where he was coming from I totally understood his complaint. It gave me a chance to explain my post and he was then ok with my meaning. So I could see some potential good coming from being able to follow up on a TD.

Thoughts? This question has probably been discussed many times on the board - and I just missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

No

Jan 24, 2019, 4:11 PM

because I don't want GWPTiger® and Francis Marion® to know that I TD all of their posts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Thanks TigerDave.....

Jan 24, 2019, 4:13 PM

Very sound reasoning!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Oh deer lowered. Don't encourage

Jan 24, 2019, 4:49 PM

that moran.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Lol ..... too late.....sorry.....

Jan 24, 2019, 4:54 PM

classof1994

Another poster ignored...

Jan 24, 2019, 4:42 PM [ in reply to No ]

Roll Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Stop that....

Jan 24, 2019, 7:55 PM

??

Think you meant Roll Tide

Jan 24, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Another poster ignored... ]

Cause they got absolutely rolled by Dabo & company

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

TD'd for personal attacks

Jan 24, 2019, 8:20 PM [ in reply to No ]

Final warning

Re: Question for the bored ...

Jan 24, 2019, 4:14 PM

Nope, and I get them all the time, and I think that it is bc you can't have a different opinion than some of these guys, the really childish ones!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I think allorange ......

Jan 24, 2019, 4:29 PM

..... for those reasons - as well as for the reasons cited by TigerDave re GWPTiger and Francis Marion - it's probably best not to know!! lol

BTW - is that your bike in the pic? Pretty neat!

Re: And I think allorange ......

Jan 24, 2019, 7:50 PM

Yes it is, I bought that one while it was still in the shipping crate at the Greensboro Harley Davidson store in 2004. It was Pearl White when I bought it, and the only changes I made was the pipes until I got it paid for. Then I started customizing it, and before I knew it, I had put more money in it customizing than what I paid for it brand new. The way it sets right now, the price of the scooter and everything extra I've done, I have a little over $32K in it. It will now hall A$S and it looks good, so I'm happy with it!!! This one is my 3d one, but the only brand new one I've had!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let it go***

Jan 24, 2019, 4:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: let it go***

Jan 24, 2019, 4:31 PM

Thanks TigerCook.... Sound advice. Brief and to the point - but very sound!!

Re: let it go***

Jan 24, 2019, 5:05 PM

well, I could be more dramatic!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well .... that is

Jan 24, 2019, 5:07 PM

.... more dramatic!!

I gave you a thumbs up to counter it. But dude, you gotta

Jan 24, 2019, 4:58 PM

let the "thumbs down" in life roll off your back. Life is too short and precious.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully agree Clemsonjoe - and I do....

Jan 24, 2019, 5:28 PM

I'm way too old to worry about minor things like that. Certainly would not waste time chasing down every TD to see if some misundertanding had occurred. By and large I'm a pretty positive type guy and if it were easy to clear up misundertandings caused by my "golden words" (bwaa-ha-ha) would like to do so. The only time such has worked out for me the TD'er posted his thoughts in reply - so was easy to explain. Most TD'ers don't post their dissatisfaction reasons.

In my original post I said I wasn't sure if it would even be a good idea to know who the TD'er was - and after reading all the responses - I'm concluding it was a monumentally bad idea...... lol

Lol - Got a TD for asking about TD's ....

Jan 24, 2019, 5:03 PM

Guess that figures - right? And I can't see who it is -:)

Re: Lol - Got a TD for asking about TD's ....

Jan 24, 2019, 11:08 PM

Rest assured it's a candy A$S coward with peanut size, or no nuts at all to tell you why your post deserve a TD. They are chicken sh!t and afraid that someone will jump through their computer screen and kick the sh!t out of their ###### A$S!!!

What's wrong with a TD?

Jan 24, 2019, 5:09 PM

Just curious

Re: What's wrong with a TD?

Jan 24, 2019, 6:00 PM

A TD is a part of the game - so nothing is wrong with it. A poster is expressing his/her disapproval of the post and should not have to defend their opinion. The one case that worked out for me was an instance in which the TD'er thought I had dissed a player that he had connections with. Fortunately he posted his reasoning in reply to my post. I certainly was not putting the player down in any way and was glad to have the opportunity to be able to explain my thoughts. I agree that the TD'er should not be identified - but was curious if they could be identified similarly to the way in which TU'ers are.

Not one thing good would come of it. Can you imagine...

Jan 24, 2019, 8:04 PM

...the infinite posts that would clutter this already cluttered bored with Tnetters with opposing views going at it ad nauseum with "why did you TD my post" posts?

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Not one thing good would come of it. Can you imagine...

Jan 24, 2019, 11:15 PM

If I ever TD a post, and that person was to ask why, I would tell them why, they can't kick my butt through this computer screen like some believe it can happen lol. I say if they are bad enough to come through my computer, I'm bad enough to shoot their A$S before they get past my key board!!!;)

Jan 24, 2019, 8:05 PM

only myself and two other people know how to access this feature.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And - based on the responses on this thread - Tigerbalm ...

Jan 25, 2019, 1:18 AM

... please don’t reveal .... lol

Oh - and is one of the two others Francis ....

Jan 25, 2019, 1:23 AM

... who gleaned this knowledge from his extensive mod training? Or is it only you and Crump and Bmeist? Lol

Jan 25, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the bored ... ]

Who are the 2 others? It's important

Jan 24, 2019, 8:18 PM

You shouldn’t care that much

Being one of the senior citizens on here

Jan 24, 2019, 8:57 PM

I have been known to click the TD when aiming for the TU. Wasn't man enough to publicly apologize but tried to make up for it by giving several TU's to the guy later to make up for it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being one of the senior citizens on here

Jan 25, 2019, 9:27 AM

I completely understand that happening bc I to have done the same, and I have informed those that I did it to that it was me, and that I'll make it up to them with several TU's. I have also TU-ed a few that I meant to TD, and I leave it like that bc I'm not going to TD another post of that person if a TD isn't called for. I'm not the fairest man in the world, but I do try to be equally fair to everyone deserving IMO. I'm not a vindictive person if I've had a few minutes to get over it when I believe I was done wrong, and that has come with age. I've learned to not let the small sh!t control my emotions bc nothing good ever comes from holding grudges, and it can cause way more harm than good. And that is who I am, just a simple man willing to live and let live, if I'm allowed to walk away without any gouging in front or from behind, and I've learned to do that as long as I'm not challenged as a man. My life has been much easier if I'm allowed just a little space after a disagreement. And most likely, we can still be friends tomorrow, and if the other/others don't want that, then I'm OK with that also, and I'm not going to hold a grudge, I'll just move on from there!!!

It is a beautiful bike!

Jan 25, 2019, 12:55 AM

And of course the paw doesn’t hurt either. -:)

Re: It is a beautiful bike!

Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

There are lots of small ghost paws in the orange that can be seen depending on where you're looking at it from when the Sun is out, but hard to see when it's cloudy unless you know where they are!!!:)

Re: It is a beautiful bike!

Jan 25, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to It is a beautiful bike! ]

Thank you much!!!

Jan 25, 2019, 2:10 PM

I am at the higher end of TD for other people's posts. Some people never TD posts. I TU 90% of the posts and TD 10%. Some people only give TU. I didn't realize I was being harsh until I looked at everyone else' percentages. I would like to know who has the highest percentage of TD other people's posts. I wonder what Deroberts % is.

Jan 25, 2019, 5:44 PM

I'm not trying to out do you or any body else but, I give about 95% TU's to about 5% TD's. I don't TD a post just bc I disagree with what they've said bc that'a their opinion, and they are entitle to have a different opinion. I will TD the people that talk crap about a player, a coach, or another T-netter that I know they are a Tiger fan bc it's the fans that keep it all going. It's a fact that any of those 3 will pull my TD trigger!!!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic