Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the baseball experts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Question for the baseball experts

Mar 7, 2018, 7:45 AM

It looks like Monte may have finally settled on a 2nd baseman in Hawkins which is a move I like a lot. His bat adds some pop and he seems to be taking good guts.

My question for the experts. Is there any chance we see Tio move to right when Meredith comes back from injury and likely goes into center? This would move Beer to the DH spot.

Frankly, Beer's defense in right generally looks average to descent, but I would not call him an outstanding defensive player. He obviously has a gun for an arm which you want in right field, but he is not exactly fleet of foot and has made a few routine plays look difficult this season. I know we have to keep his bat in the lineup, but why not put a faster outfielder in right and move Beer to DH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for the baseball experts

Mar 7, 2018, 7:57 AM

MONTE SAID HAWKINS WOULD BE PLAYED ONLY AGAINST LEFTIES BUT IT SEEMS HE IS FINALLY HITTING RIGHTIES BETTER. TEO WILL SIT IMO. BEER AINT COMING OUT. YOU CAN FORGET THAT ONE. NOW HE MAY GO TO FIRST WHEN WILLIAMS GOES BEHIND THE PLATE, WHICH WILL BE VERY SOON. GETTING MEREDITH IN THE LINEUP AND WILLIAMS BEHIND THE PLATE WILL BE A BIG LIFT FOR OUR OFFENSE.

Mar 7, 2018, 8:02 AM

Some have told me Beer is NOT olaying first and they were serious about it. Idk what they know or who they’ve talked too but it really bothered me because like u said, we would really help the offense if beer could play first

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 AM

I think it would be really hard to take Williams off first because defensively he’s playing his tail off over there. I think they will potentially stick with the same lineup they have but replace Teo with Meredith

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2018, 7:57 AM

Not an expert,but a fan who has season tickets and watched quite a few fall and spring scrimmages I believe it is time to sit Teodosio for a few games. He is a plus defensive outfielder for sure but has been seriously struggling at the plate since the Dallas Baptist series. Afraid he is going to lose all confidence if he keeps struggling. If Matthew Cooper is healthy he certainly deserves a chance at the plate. He can play corner outfield and move Wharton to center.He can also catch and play first base. I keep thinking Wilkie will start hitting but you can't have two in the lineup hitting .150-.170.

Fyi

Mar 7, 2018, 8:12 AM

Teodosio was cut his freshman year in HS.
Kid has come a looooong way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Fyi

Mar 7, 2018, 8:26 AM

ALSO, DID YOU KNOW HE IS FROM MAULDIN. LOL

Mar 7, 2018, 7:59 AM

That’s a question I’ve debated a lot. I really think there are 2 ways Monte could go. 1) Meredith in CF, Beer in RF or 2) Meredith in CF, Teo in RF, Beer moves to 1B, and could potentially see Williams move back behind the plate. But as far as Justin Hawkins goes, dude is a beast. Personally got to play ball with him through high school and his years in USC Sumter and guy has been hitting bombs for awhile now. He’s definitely the guy at 2B going forward bc Byrd and Greene aren’t giving us anything at the plate

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2018, 8:22 AM

MONTE SAYS WILLIAMS MAY CATCH A GAME THIS WEEKEND. HE IS CLOSE.

Mar 7, 2018, 7:59 AM

Beer can’t DH because that takes jolly out the lineup. If jolly can’t catch then he must DH. Beer will stay in rf. Unfortunately for Teo, when meredith is healthy there may not be a spot open for him

You must have missed the part where OP directed his

Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 AM

question to baseball experts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You must have missed the part where OP directed his

Mar 7, 2018, 3:09 PM

Exactly why I’m answering lol

Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for the baseball experts ]

Beer should definitely DH before he plays first base. He can not play first base.

Mar 7, 2018, 3:08 PM

If he can’t play first then he stays in RF. The DH spot is jolly’s

Mar 7, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for the baseball experts ]

I think Diamond has it right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2018, 8:03 AM

Monte Lee knows what to do . The rest of us ( not experts ) think we can sort Christmas lights but every year we pull them out of the box all wadded up again .
Ain't no experts in the baseballs around here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 7, 2018, 10:01 AM

No chit Sherlock, we know Monte is the Coach.
You post about this same crap in every thread.
This is a sports message board to discuss Clemson sports.
Nothing more or nothing less.

2 bit rec ball coach here

Mar 7, 2018, 8:39 AM

Thing about baseball is it is very streaky and far from instant.

In basketball, baseball, futbol, and pretty much most sports; you can sub a player, let them play for 5 mins and see the impact.

That's not even remotely true for baseball. It takes forever to see what a kid can do.

You don't have to get a hit to have a good at bat. FOR INSTANCE, If you can move some runners, it is a good at bat. If you can get 8 or more pitches out of a pitcher, it is a good at bat.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm certainly no expert but IMO...

Mar 7, 2018, 9:55 AM

Teodoesio goes to the bench when Meredith comes back.

He's just a freshman so he's still adjusting to the college game, but right now, his bat is a huge liability in the line-up.

He's hitting a paltry .167 which is only slightly better than Wilkie at .146

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm certainly no expert but IMO...

Mar 7, 2018, 10:18 AM

I definitely think this is what will happen. I’d hate to see Chris come off of first since he’s been playing it so well. And even though we don’t Wilkies bat he’s done a heck of a job behind the plate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps

Mar 7, 2018, 11:43 AM

Coach Lee is thinking of Beers future! Beer came to Clemson to develop as a baseball player. Believe me, expert or not, Beer will NOT be drafted as a designated hitter. He will have to be a position player also. How many 20+ year old DH’s are playing in the big leagues now? I bet the youngest one is mid thirties. Like every other coach at Clemson, Lee is doing his job!

Re: Perhaps

Mar 7, 2018, 11:58 AM

20+ year old DH's would probably be all of them unless you have a 19 year old DH.

In all seriousness, the DH is for, like you said, the aging players that once played positions. They can still hit the ball but fielding is not their forte. It's rare to see a younger guy have a sustained DH position, but for one off games you'll see it (like Bryce Harper during an interleague game).

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic