Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the Tiger fans........
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Question for the Tiger fans........

Apr 28, 2012, 8:43 AM

Clemson fans keep saying that Carolina "cheated".....What competitve advantage did Carolina's Football team receive by "existing" players getting a deal at the Whitney? These were players already on the team. "Cheating" is....offering a recruit something to entice him to join your team. Obviously, the NCAA decided that Carolina didn't receive an advantage, but the players received a benefit, so there had to be some kind of punishment. Explain why it is "cheating"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like giving Alshon's family member a job?***

Apr 28, 2012, 8:51 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like giving Alshon's family member a job?***

Apr 28, 2012, 9:10 AM

lots more of this!! it is throught-out the entire athletic dept!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like giving Alshon's family member a job?***

Apr 28, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Like giving Alshon's family member a job?*** ]

Dang KB...Tajh's whole family moved down here...Think we better stay away from accusations about jobs!

If you have some factual evidence that Clemson violated

Apr 28, 2012, 1:47 PM

NCAA rules:
1)Contact the NCAA
2)Contact Clemson's Compliance Dept.

But, of course, you have no freakin' clue what the he!! you're talking about. Players families move closer to their kid's university everywhere---and in all sports. I can personally give you plenty of examples. But that doesn't mean there was some sort of employment arrangement made like usuck's athletic dept giving Jeffries' father a job while he was still a recruit.

Unless you have solid proof of the implication you're making, you need to shut the eff up

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain why you are on this board.***

Apr 28, 2012, 8:54 AM

Re: Explain why you are on this board.***

Apr 28, 2012, 8:56 AM

Bottom line is that Clemson blatantly cheated and received proper punishment. USC did not. It's over. Settle it on the field.

We've been settling it on the field for over a hundred

Apr 28, 2012, 8:59 AM

years now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yeah and we normally own the coots

Apr 28, 2012, 11:52 AM

The last 3 years have been abnormal...

Apr 28, 2012, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Explain why you are on this board.*** ]

USuC has cheated for decades, when you take a look at Deitzel-Spurrier...Deitzel had illegal players which stripped USuC of the 69 ACC title, Morrison pumped his players full of steroids, Holtz has yet to explain the lease Escalades that Summers and Watson drove the whole time on campus and the staff just looked the other way with the housing at the Whitney...I have been waiting since 1970 for an explanation of the bench warrant out on basketball player Jimmy Foster who was given use of a Mercedes by a booster, quit school, and went to play professional ball in Austailia; hid the car from the USuC athletic department and the booster and had a warrant sworn out for him for car theft...I think the basketball team got time on that one too, and am not sure the car was ever surrendered. We were caught and convicted of cheating and took steps not to have it happen again.

Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 AM

I have in my possession a copy of an article from the October 27, 1915 Abbeville Press and Banner that talks about 3 South Carolina players who were suspended because they were being paid. So, you're right, this has been going on down there for decades.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 28, 2012, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain why you are on this board.*** ]

You've got Bass's 65 ACC co-champions confused with the '69 team that went undefeated in the ACC and won the conference championship (for what that's worth).

He probably does.....in 1965, the NCAA found that usuck's

Apr 28, 2012, 1:41 PM

head football coach AND athletic director had set up a secret slush fund with which they were paying players and high school coaches. And there were more, equally as bad, details. Probation, no bowl games, no tv-----and this was a looong time before the NCAA ever came to Tigertown.

usuck has been cheating at football about as long as its been part of the college life there. Even in the teens and twenties, usuck was found to be paying players and using "ringers" (non-students) to play. With this latest NCAA probation and the one a few years ago, its obvious to even a casual observer that usuck has absolutely no regard for the rules or fair competition. The truly amazing thing is that the chickens haven't won sh!t after so much cheating.

BTW, Coach Howard REFUSED to accept a forfeited victory from usuck from that 1965 season....but his opinion of usuck was confirmed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2012, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Explain why you are on this board.*** ]

Thank God, a smart Clemson fan. You sir are one of the few I now have respect for on this board. The NCAA thing is over and done with... so the only thing to look forward to is the state championship this year.

Carolina is in Chapel Hill

Apr 28, 2012, 8:58 AM

And if I have to explain how giving improper benefits is cheating, then you coots are even dumber than I thought. And I already thought you were all pretty dumb.

gabehcuod

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Carolina is in Chapel Hill

Apr 28, 2012, 8:59 AM

Yep, what he said. Couldn't have said it any better.

Recruiting adavantage... ...

Apr 28, 2012, 8:58 AM

Come to USCjr, live in a luxury hotel, room cleaned, laundry done, FREE.

Limo rides to school and practices...But didn't Lou say if

Apr 28, 2012, 9:04 AM

you're not cheating,you're not trying?

Re: Recruiting adavantage... ...

Apr 28, 2012, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Recruiting adavantage... ... ]

It really doesn't get more delusional than you tiger fans! Nobody in Carolina's football program was implicated in wrong doing by the NCAA. Their problam was with the compliance office for approving the deal between the Players and the Whitney Hotel. Steve Spurrier has never been accused of "cheating" at any school. It sounds like your problem is with the NCAA's findings!

Question for you.

Apr 28, 2012, 9:05 AM

When is the best time of day to pump gas?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Simple. You broke the rules. That's

Apr 28, 2012, 9:06 AM

Cheating. We broke the rules way back when. We cheated too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Question for the Tiger fans........

Apr 28, 2012, 9:06 AM

the Whitnet are USED as a recruiting tool where players could stay rent free! the changing of official grade transcripts, buying cars, giving moms and dads jobs that they were in no way qualified to get,the list is way to long to put on here but if U have a brain @ all U know what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2012, 9:23 AM

So you don't think it was a special enticement to recruits who went down to usuc and saw where their athletes could live in an upscale hotel with great amenities for free (until getting caught)and having a coach and an administration that went right along with it? No, that couldn't seem cool enough to a young recruit from the ghetto to get him to want to get that too. Wow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2012, 10:54 AM

How is allowing a player to use a coaches car to visit his ailing mother cheating??? The NCAA snatched us for that despicable deed!!! How about paying a dental bill for a player who left school and left the dentist hanging??? That gave us a tremendous recruiting advantage. All of the violations Clemson was accused of did not total $59,000.00

Apr 28, 2012, 11:00 AM

From the NCAA press release. Pay particular attention to paragraph 2 and 3.

According to the facts of the case, twelve student-athletes lived in local hotel while paying a daily rate of less than $15 per person, an amount that was considerably less than what was available to the general student population. In addition, nine student-athletes received special loan arrangements by deferring rent payments through an agreement with the hotel. In total, the student-athletes received approximately $51,000 in impermissible extra benefits and preferential treatment.

In addition, two boosters provided more than $8,000 from their foundation for recruiting inducements and extra benefits to football prospects and student-athletes. These boosters also were involved in recruiting contacts. The committee noted that while some of the motivation and purpose for establishing the foundation were well-intentioned, it was clear that some efforts were aimed at assisting the university in its recruitment efforts. The benefits from the boosters included cash, gift cards, entertainment and funding of multiple unofficial visits.

The committee noted the trend of an increased importance placed on unofficial visits, particularly for football and men’s basketball. Rather than utilizing school-funded official visits, unofficial visits can be utilized to circumvent certain requirements for recruits to provide academic transcripts or test scores before they visit. These expanded recruiting opportunities are often funded by a third party other than the student-athlete’s family and provide coaches with important early access to prospects.

Any questions?

It is against NCAA rules to do that......

Apr 28, 2012, 11:02 AM

therefore it is cheating. Also yall had several boosters involved with recruits if you read the citation.

Apr 28, 2012, 11:09 AM

you mean like the 10 grand or whatever amount was given to gilmores dad by the rock hill booster. really funny hearing the rock hill bama booster tell stories of gilmores recryitment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was in the paper that a usuck asst AD travelled to

Apr 28, 2012, 11:18 AM

Rock Hill to speak to said usuck booster, but was he ever disassociated too???

getting free room and board at a hotel is a recruiting….

Apr 28, 2012, 11:25 AM

enticement. Are going to really tell me, players being recruited by scu didn't know about the whitney hotel sweetheart deal? If you do I have some ocean front property in Idaho, to sell to you at a really great rate.

usuck broke the rules.......therefore, they cheated....how

Apr 28, 2012, 11:28 AM

difficult is this to understand even for one with limited education access??

Re: Simple. You broke the rules. That's

Apr 28, 2012, 12:04 PM

http://m.tigernet.com/m/view/clemson_update.do?id=5110

So we are both cheaters?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

you are aware, chickentroll simpleton, that usuck ALSO

Apr 28, 2012, 12:28 PM

reports "Secondary" or "inadvertent" violations twice a year, correct???? Because if you want to count those as "Major" violations, then usuck really should have gotten the death penalty.

The NCAA differentiates between secondary or inadvertent violations and Major Violations which usuck admitted to.

And yes ALL of your violations in this case were MAJOR !*****

Apr 28, 2012, 5:47 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: getting free room and board at a hotel is a recruiting….

Apr 28, 2012, 12:05 PM

Well the players moved In after the 2010 signing class and moved out well before the 2011 class signed.

Hard to argue it impacted signees

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its just impossible to stop a chickentroll from lying....

Apr 28, 2012, 12:33 PM

in the NCAA's findings they said at least one player was there for 459 days---I assume that was Saunders---who also got a "deferred payment plan". Now, perhaps you can find out from chickenscratch central which recruits Saunders hosted while they were on an official visit---but don't even pretend while you're trolling on Tigernet that living in a hotel wasn't known by potential players.

Geezus I hate you lyin' pieces of chickensh!t.

um, didnt Byrd recieve like $8000 from

Apr 28, 2012, 12:18 PM

a "recruiting service" at south carolina? that seems like an enticement to me

Another thing, your school admitted to "cheating" and was cooperative with the NCAA about it, thats why they didnt add any more punishment than the self imposed...

Isnt it embarrassing when Clemson fans have to educate you about your own school?

Re: um, didnt Byrd recieve like $8000 from

Apr 28, 2012, 12:26 PM

Where did they admit to cheating?

um, your AD kinda said it, not sure how serious you take

Apr 28, 2012, 1:17 PM

that guy

If you weren't cheating, why did you self impose penalties?****

Apr 28, 2012, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: um, didnt Byrd recieve like $8000 from ]

Re: you are aware, chickentroll simpleton, that usuck ALSO

Apr 28, 2012, 12:32 PM

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules and that's cheating according to several Clemson fans in this thread.

Then counting all the violations usuck has committed in the

Apr 28, 2012, 12:35 PM

last 3 years, both major and secondary, usuck should've gotten the death penalty. Imbecile

Dirtpeckers are the stupidest people on earth.***

Apr 28, 2012, 12:43 PM

Re: um, your AD kinda said it, not sure how serious you take

Apr 28, 2012, 1:18 PM

Where did he kinda say it

Self-imposed penalties = Admission of guilt***

Apr 28, 2012, 1:33 PM

Re: If you have some factual evidence that Clemson violated

Apr 28, 2012, 1:49 PM

I posted a link to your coaches self reporting violations of rules.

What more evidence do you need ?

Liar. You posted a list of SECONDARY violations....

Apr 28, 2012, 1:55 PM

and as I posted earlier, the NCAA differentiates between secondary/inadvertent violations and Major Violations. You know, Major Violations like the ones your Cheatin' Chickens admitted to. There's a big difference. Suprised with your team being on NCAA probation again, you've not taken the time to read up on it---I mean, its a part of everyday usuck athletic life.

Man I sure hope you've been lying about this law school

Apr 28, 2012, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have some factual evidence that Clemson violated ]

thing because if it's true you'll be in an unemployment line. If you graduate.....

Yeah, the parties and such are fine with me.

Apr 28, 2012, 1:50 PM

I wonder why the NCAA even brought it up? It nothing like D Ford giving W Perry a ride from in front of the school in a bus loading zone to around the corner so they could finish a conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liar. You posted a list of SECONDARY violations....

Apr 28, 2012, 1:56 PM

So breaking the rules is only cheating in certain circumstances ?

Re: Liar. You posted a list of SECONDARY violations....

Apr 28, 2012, 1:57 PM

yes

Re: Re: Liar. You posted a list of SECONDARY violations....

Apr 28, 2012, 1:59 PM

Glad we weren't one of those circumstances that means cheating.

Apr 28, 2012, 2:00 PM

obviously you were.....you're on 3 years probation

Apr 28, 2012, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Liar. You posted a list of SECONDARY violations.... ]

You are truly one pathetic individual. If you can't grasp the the difference between major and minor violations then I hope you are in USC law school. You'd never get out of any other one !!

It is a violation of an NCAA rule***

Apr 28, 2012, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2012, 7:41 PM

null points
4% pulse; not worth a response!!

Should be tossed but you know it ain't happening here !! *****

Apr 28, 2012, 7:43 PM

The NCAA said in the report that USC made recruiting

Apr 28, 2012, 8:48 PM

violations.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up