Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for people going to Maryland?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Question for people going to Maryland?

Oct 21, 2013, 9:28 AM

Flying to Washington Wednesday afternoon, and going to the game on Saturday. What section will Clemson fans be sitting? I'm going to buy ticekts today. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GOOD JOB! I will be there and I challenge others to go. I

Oct 21, 2013, 9:29 AM

will be in section 302. Someone last night said they were in 202.

Hope large chunks of Byrd have Tiger fans!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pack warm: Kickoff temp = 52, dropping into upper 40s***

Oct 21, 2013, 9:32 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like good Bourbon sipping weather.

Oct 21, 2013, 9:35 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will not be making the Maryland trip this year but....

Oct 21, 2013, 10:07 AM

will be heading-up to Charlottesville next weekend. Enjoy the trip and help the Tigers bring home a win.

With respect to your question about seating, in years past Maryland has placed visiting fans in Sections 2, 302, 303, 304 and portions of Sections 305, 306, and 307.

Byrd Stadium is oddly-shaped and relatively small (only about 52,000) and although the north side of the stadium has a two-tiered upper deck, it's really not that high and, but for the red stair railings, the sight lines are pretty good. I doubt the crowd will be very big and you should be able to move around fairly freely.

Check out the Cornerstone Grill either before or after the game on Baltimore Avenue which is a relatively short walk to or from Byrd Stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What about parking?

Oct 21, 2013, 10:10 AM

Any ideas on that. Thanks.

There are a few options....

Oct 21, 2013, 10:23 AM

If you're planning on tailgating, you may want to consider the Comcast Center. In my experience, this area generally has the largest volume of other Clemson fans.

If you are simply planning on showing-up, going to the game, and then leaving immediately afterward, you can also park along side of University Boulevard which is Maryland's version of our Perimeter Road. Parking is free and it is a relatively short walk to the West Gate of Byrd Stadium.

Parking downtown on Baltimore Avenue (U.S. 1) is also an option. There is a parking garage right behind the Cornerstone Grill which, as I said before, is a relatively short walk across campus to the stadium.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't caution you about the walk across campus. Maryland fans, especially the students, can be a little on the abrasive side so be prepared for some profanity laced taunts. Just something to keep in mind particularly if you are going to have kids with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are a few options....

Oct 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

Problem with parking is you have to have a CASH PERMIT to park on campus now or they turn you around.

http://www.transportation.umd.edu/fballparking.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is definitely different than in years past.

Oct 21, 2013, 11:02 AM

Fortunately, you can pre-purchase a parking pass if you'd like.

Re: That is definitely different than in years past.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:07 PM

Sadly just for garages. Greatly diminishes tailgating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will not be making the Maryland trip this year but....

Oct 21, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to I will not be making the Maryland trip this year but.... ]

Making my first trip to Maryland this week. I see you mentioned Cornerstone Grill. Can I expect to find a decent number of Clemson fans there before the game? Looking to find a bar or something before hand to grab a few drinks and some food. I'll be taking the metro from DC.

I'm going with Maryland friends...

Oct 21, 2013, 12:30 PM

My friends are pretty obnoxious and will be rowdy. I'll be in Clemson gear nonetheless, and sitting in the lower level behind the Maryland bench.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic