Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for fans re: potential 4th straight CFP appearance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Question for fans re: potential 4th straight CFP appearance

Nov 29, 2018, 12:54 PM

Assuming we win Saturday, the Tigers are dancing again. Sadly, I have caviar dreams but a sardine budget, so likely will be catching the action at home.

Sent my son (now a Clemson sophomore) to Miami and Glendale in 2015, took him to Orlando and both him and his sister to Tampa in 2016, and went to New Orleans last year with some Clemson classmates, but I think I am priced out now. I feel sure that if we had not won in 2016 and we made it to the final this year, I would find a way to go. Anybody else getting CFP wallet fatigue?

For anyone who has not been and is considering it, I highly encourage you to bite the bullet and go for it. It was a long drive back from NO last year, but the camaraderie of the Clemson family made it a great and memorable trip, anyway. And Tampa in 2016 was the best investment I ever made. Priceless!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s getting expensive but the success won’t last

Nov 29, 2018, 1:01 PM

forever. I’ll mortgage the house if I have to but I’ll be there for everything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no question...

Nov 29, 2018, 1:04 PM

being a Clemson fans has gotten increasingly more expensive as the teams level of success has increased.

I made the trip to the Orange Bowl and the CFP Championship game in 2015,

I made the trip to the Fiesta Bowl and the CFP Championship game in 2016,

I made the trip to the Sugar Bowl at the end of the 2017 season, and

I have just requested tickets to the Orange Bowl, the Cotton Bowl and the CFP Championship game again this year. As luck would have it, the CFP Championship game is on the West coast in one of the most expensive cities in America.

All of this doesn't even include several away game trips to places like Auburn, Boston College, Louisville, FSU, Syracuse, and Texas A&M

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^^ look at me... I'm a superfan***

Nov 29, 2018, 1:07 PM

It's like Noodle said...

Nov 29, 2018, 1:19 PM

This unprecedented level of success likely won't last forever so I’ll do whatever I have to so I won't miss a minute of it.

I was a freshman in 1981 and got to attend our first National Championship game in Miami. I was also there to see the Tigers win the 2016 National Championship in Tampa. Nothing can ever replace the feeling of being there to see those two games in person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Adopting?***

Nov 29, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to There is no question... ]

Re: Question for fans re: potential 4th straight CFP appearance

Nov 29, 2018, 1:16 PM

I actually got really lucky and paid more for my 2014 Russell Athletic Bowl ticket than I did for my 2016/17 Tampa ticket... I won one of the free student tickets from Taco Bell. Otherwise the prices were so high I would have missed out.

My nephew was a sophomore and won a free or discounted

Nov 29, 2018, 1:18 PM

ticket. Good for you both! Students should be able to go to games like this.

ACCGC

Nov 29, 2018, 1:23 PM

you can get a bunch of tickets together for under $100 add in the $20-40 for parking and its still cheaper than the average season ticket for a home game if you want to bring the whole family

https://www.stubhub.com/acc-championship-game-football-tickets-acc-championship-game-football-charlotte-bank-of-america-stadium-12-1-2018/event/103570785/?sort=price+asc&qty=3

Re: ACCGC

Nov 29, 2018, 3:31 PM

I have had to put off retirement until Dabo does!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been to both NCs and took family to

Nov 29, 2018, 3:49 PM

the 2nd. Signed up for 3rd as I did last year and will go but will be painful and we better win! LOL. Honestly, it’s to the point an L in the semis almost feels like a tie. I will keep finding a way though as nothing lasts forever. Just prefer they are in the east coast or Midwest. Gives you some drive or fly/drive options to control costs.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic