Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for all the former athletes on the board!..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Question for all the former athletes on the board!..

Oct 5, 2017, 7:46 AM

How much did your jersey number mean to you as a superstition or just an identification? Mine never meant a lot but I was always changing numbers for the first three years in high school. B-team 43 then moved to JV 27 freshman year; JV 30 to varsity 23 sophomore year; new kid transferred in junior year and wanted my 23 so I took 31 and kept that one for my last two years(although I did play half an away game as 49 because my jersey got ripped off in a fumble pile and it was my size spare; Which to the wonderful stadium PA announcers calling me, "Mr. I-don't-know on the tackle", because that jersey number wasn't on their list). I know #4 means a lot to Watson, #7 means a lot to Bryant, and #1 meant a lot to Kearse(although he played better as #20), but did your number mean that much to you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always #21 In all sports***

Oct 5, 2017, 7:51 AM

When I played Tecmo I always had to be the Raiders....

Oct 5, 2017, 7:54 AM

with Bo Jackson. Very important.

Dude - The Bears were the way to go

Oct 5, 2017, 8:21 AM

There was no stopping Walter Payton...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I always picked the Falcons because..

Oct 5, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to When I played Tecmo I always had to be the Raiders.... ]

I discovered a glitch in the game and Andre Rison was always open on deep patterns.

I owned every statistical leader with the giants

Oct 5, 2017, 9:33 AM

Lawrence Taylor was a beast!

Wore 75 in HS for Joe Greene....***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't superstitious, but always wore the same number,

Oct 5, 2017, 8:12 AM

from high school through college, then adult men's bball leagues...14.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for all the former athletes on the board!..

Oct 5, 2017, 8:14 AM

Always had to be 13 because I was bad luck for the other team.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

LOL, good reason!***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not matter. I took what they gave me.***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^wasn't an athlete, but one heck of an athletic supporter***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Technically I should not have answered that question...

Oct 5, 2017, 8:43 AM

b/c I'm still an athlete. I lift weights, drink protein shakes, eat baked chicken... the whole nine yards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You sound like you're stronger

Oct 5, 2017, 8:45 AM

than the average American male

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Have you seen me since my youth?***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:45 AM

^^^Typical internet bad***^^^

Oct 5, 2017, 8:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Numbers we didn't have no stinking numbers

Oct 5, 2017, 9:15 AM

We were too poor to afford them. In eighth grade we played football barefoot. I was #32 before OJ was out of pee wee league. In college cross country doesn't have numbers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always played offense uphill & defense downhill in snow!***

Oct 5, 2017, 11:23 AM

I don't remember my number

Oct 5, 2017, 9:27 AM

But I still insist on playing for teams with the same mascot as my high school, yellow jackets. I was too smart for GT, so went to Clemson. Pro career still on hold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roman Numeral VII .... it was a long time ago.***

Oct 5, 2017, 11:20 AM

Re: Question for all the former athletes on the board!..

Oct 5, 2017, 11:27 AM

Double zero when it was allowed (jr high).

After that - as rules changed and 00 was not allowed - I asked for the lowest permissable number depending on the position I was playing that game and/season. Was my own superstition. I was and am a minimalist.

Hence why PSU are my favorite uniform. Clemson would be my favorite if they took the names off - which would be more minimalistic

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic