Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for The Tiger Bored
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Question for The Tiger Bored

Dec 4, 2013, 3:25 PM

IF we were to lose to Scar again next year at home for #6, even if we win 9 games, how hot is the seat for Dabo?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

In thirteen seasons at Michigan Lloyd Carr won....

Dec 4, 2013, 3:35 PM

nine or more games ten (10) different times but he was ultimately fired because he lost 6 of his last 7 games to Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In thirteen seasons at Michigan Lloyd Carr won....

Dec 4, 2013, 3:38 PM

and prior to him John Cooper at Ohio St had a similar fate for performing poorly against his rival but otherwise doing well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In thirteen seasons at Ohio St John Cooper....

Dec 4, 2013, 4:09 PM

Below from wikipedia-

In his 13 seasons at Ohio State Cooper compiled a 111–43–4 record, second in Ohio State history behind only Woody Hayes. Among his most memorable victories at Ohio State were back-to-back victories against Notre Dame (1995 & 1996), leading Ohio State to its first Rose Bowl in 13 years (the 1997 Rose Bowl--a win over Arizona State), and a 1999 Sugar Bowl victory over Texas A&M.

However, Cooper will be remembered for his 3-8 bowl record and his 2–10–1 record against rival Michigan. His most crippling losses to the Wolverines came in 1993, 1995, and 1996; each season, Ohio State entered the Michigan game undefeated and ranked in the top five, but came away with a gut-wrenching loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK! Note to self: Don't hire Lloyd Carr if . . .

Dec 4, 2013, 3:39 PM [ in reply to In thirteen seasons at Michigan Lloyd Carr won.... ]

. . . you want to beat Ohio State. Got it! Thanks!

(Sorry. I just couldn't resist!)

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK! Ditto John Cooper re: Michigan . . . Whew! Thanks!***

Dec 4, 2013, 3:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carr also won a NC and 5 conference championships in those

Dec 4, 2013, 3:45 PM [ in reply to In thirteen seasons at Michigan Lloyd Carr won.... ]

13 years.

Dabo isn't lloyd carr and Clemson isn't Michigan....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Indeed....

Dec 4, 2013, 3:49 PM

and in spite of ALL THAT, he was ultimately fired because he could bot beat their biggest rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We aren't Michigan

Dec 4, 2013, 3:41 PM

If Dabo wins 9+ every year, the occasional ACC title, and quality bowl wins, the powers that be will keep him till the series is even.. Not saying I agree, it's just the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say we were***

Dec 4, 2013, 3:43 PM

null

He will be gone when the $ stops coming in - it ALWAYS

Dec 4, 2013, 3:44 PM

comes back to the dollar.

It is already effecting bowl ticket sales...

Dec 4, 2013, 3:47 PM

which, in turn, effects bowl selections.

You got that right...***

Dec 4, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to He will be gone when the $ stops coming in - it ALWAYS ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: It will be real interesting to see how tix sales go

Dec 4, 2013, 4:16 PM [ in reply to He will be gone when the $ stops coming in - it ALWAYS ]

and the football ops building funding go in view of this season. I suspect football ops will struggle some for $ because people dont see a need to duplicate what we just shelled out for in the west end zone.

Of course you hear Rads solution is just to borrow based on his gt tenure

After living in Cootlumbia for almost 2 years now I can

Dec 4, 2013, 3:46 PM

say that I don't care if Clemson loses every football game they play except the USuC game. I had adult professionals, PROFESSIONALS, holding their hands up in my face saying 5. One even said, USuC needs to win the next three to make it 8 in a row because apparently Clemson has beaten USuC 7 times in a row years ago.

I work with USuC fans that have MULTIPLE degrees acting like junior high school kids after USuC wins anything.

So yes, if Dabo can't beat USuC next year then I will seriously need to consider finding another job outside of this dump...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: After living in Cootlumbia for almost 2 years now I can

Dec 4, 2013, 3:50 PM

Cool, there's a McDonald's in Clemson you can transfer too.

Heyo!

"No! No, no, not 6!...

Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM

I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel."

Not sure why the OP made me think of this. Even less sure as to why I posted.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic