Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about student tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 876

Question about student tickets

Apr 13, 2016, 9:50 PM

when I was at clemson (96-2000), the tickets were free, but, as I recall, you had to show your student ID. (This was either to get the ticket, or admission at the game, or both) I think they required your ID to ensure that non-students went to the games for free. (Makes sense)

In not sure how I feel about charging $225 to a student to sit in the lower deck; however, if they choose to do this, I see nothing wrong with the student selling the ticket to a non-student, since he has paid the requested price, and the ticket becomes his afterward.

Supply and demand and the laws of economics should be a 2-way street, I think.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are over 6,000 that currently volunteer a donation

Apr 13, 2016, 10:05 PM

of $40 per year or $130 for 4 years and benes that come with that donation.

not knowing all the details, if this is a voluntary, $225 donation to IPTAY, why would the rules change?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what tickets you're talking about

Apr 13, 2016, 10:16 PM

i got a ticket to every home game because I was a student. It didn't matter if I joined IPTAY or not. Maybe things are different now. Not sure there is such a thing as a required donation.

the ones you were asking if the students could sell?

Apr 13, 2016, 10:20 PM

you know, in your OP.

and yes, i didn't want anyone to miss that this new program is on a voluntary basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make no sense.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:38 PM

Is DRad requiring you to join student IPTAY for $225? If so, this is different than paying for a ticket to attend the game as a student, which is what the alarm seems to be about. Either way, the ticket is no longer given because of one's status as a student, but because one PURCHASED IT.

You cut and paste something that has to do with a $40-dollar IPTAY membership?

Again, I would've gotten a student ticket for free, regardless of an IPTAY student membership. I couldn't sell this ticket, b/c the purchaser couldn't get in without an ID. If I pay for it, I should be able resell it.

you can still get a ticket for free.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:47 PM

Under the current system, the Collegiate Club gets first dibs and get "free" lower deck tickets. They pay $40 to get first dibs. They can't sell their ticket to a non-student.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: you can still get a ticket for free.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:52 PM

> Under the current system, the Collegiate Club gets
> first dibs and get "free" lower deck tickets. They
> pay $40 to get first dibs. They can't sell their
> ticket to a non-student.

Re: you can still get a ticket for free.***

Apr 13, 2016, 10:52 PM [ in reply to you can still get a ticket for free. ]

So, what you are saying is that what is being proposed is really

Apr 13, 2016, 10:55 PM [ in reply to you can still get a ticket for free. ]

the status quo, but just $225, instead of $40?

If this is correct, I see what you are saying and I apologize to deadsolidperfect.

I don't think there were any first dibs on student tickets in my day, but maybe there were.

no one has to pay $225; not one single student.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to You make no sense. ]

there is still student seating available in the upper deck as there was last year and the year before and the year before...

if students wish to move-upgrade to the lower deck, then they can do so and according to the limited information available it will carry an IPTAY donation, ~$225.

as you know there are already students that donate and are not allowed to sell their tickets, so why would students that donate now be able to sell their tickets if it's merely an added benefit to the IPTAY, Collegiate Club program?

Perhaps the 2nd bullet point in the Collegiate Club benefits will reflect the Lower Bowl & Hill status as it does now with Early Ticket Distribution?

maybe if you read more, you'd know more and wouldn't be asking which tickets are being discussed when the only ones brought up, were brought up by you.

why would clemson not reserve all rights on a volunteer program?

HOW ABOUT UNC BEARUNG THE CHICKENS 11-0

Apr 13, 2016, 10:49 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: HOW ABOUT 15-0?***

Apr 13, 2016, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 11
| visibility 876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic