Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about refs for those who watched on tv
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,588

Question about refs for those who watched on tv

Nov 8, 2015, 12:20 PM

Obviously we won so my point is null.
I was at the game so didn't have the viewpoint on some calls or no calls.

It seemed that the PI call on Alexander was bs. The red that through the flag was about 30 yards downfield and he was behind Alexander. Also the no call on the face mask on Ray Ray was horrid. Not to mention the multiple holding no-calls that were committed by fsu. They took forever to call the grounding was also atrocious. It looked like they weren't going no to call it at all.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about refs for those who watched on tv

Nov 8, 2015, 12:21 PM

**ref. ***threw.

Freaking iPhone.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:24 PM

They missed a holding on the cook touchdown. Goodson was getting held bad and was there for the tackle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes. 54 for FSU had 2 handfuls of jersey***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:23 PM

I know you asked about Mac, it was questionable.

But, the Ray Ray facemask was a good no call. He got the side of his helmet, but did not grab the facemask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree no face mask, but I thought you could

Nov 8, 2015, 2:57 PM

Not tackle the guy by his head, which is kind of what happened

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:24 PM

There was a lot of contact before the ball was thrown with Mack and whoever that scrub was...it didn't look like PI to me.

There MANY holds that their OL got away with last night. No doubt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Refs confer these days before calling a grounding penalty. I

Nov 8, 2015, 12:28 PM

guess they would rather confer then throw the flag instead of throwing the flag and then waive it off.

Mac was holding the receiver before he bodied up on him as the ball got to them.

Replay at the stadium showed Brooks was grabbed inside the helmet and not the facemask. ABC's replay showed the tackler turned his head with an open hand on the side of the helmet and did not grab anything, I don't know how that optical illusion happened.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:28 PM

They also started the clock after Fsu got a delay of game penalty was that the correct call. I know I coach middle school and they start our clock after a penalty. I did not want to give the other team the ball back one time and had my Wr jump on 4 straight plays and won the game. I just did not think they started it after a penalty in College ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That rule needs to be changed at all levels of football. I

Nov 8, 2015, 12:34 PM

hope the rules committee looks at this in the offseason. If you have the lead and the ball you should not be able to go "4-corners" by getting penalties.

Re: That rule needs to be changed at all levels of football. I

Nov 8, 2015, 12:49 PM

I agree and I have had chances since that one game to do it and just did not do it because I did not think it was fair or good sportsmanship.

How about the horsecollar call on FSU's second play

Nov 8, 2015, 12:45 PM

Looked like CU25 had his hand on top of FSU4's should pad, not in the horsecollar area from where I was sitting. Fortunately, the call didn't make a difference with where we ultimately started the next series.

thoughts

Nov 8, 2015, 12:47 PM

FSU showed up ready for war. The best team won. But...

The lack of holding calls was worrisome. I saw a lot of those. The personal foul called on cooks td, I thought, was bogus. Alexander's pass interference call was very Ticky tack but not much to say there.

FSU, to me, tried to get away with a lot that game to equalize things. The refs let it roll too. Based on the line -10, makes u think the refs really wanted to keep it close. Maybe they had money on it. No idea but it was curious.

If Clemson had lost, it would have been as bad for the ACC as for the Tigers. The ACC needs a banner team . We are it. That's why Syracuse and Wake have a tiny chance to win. No one wants to see them beat an undefeated ACC contender.

NC State also had much BLATANT holding with no calls.***

Nov 8, 2015, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 8, 2015, 12:50 PM

Mac had some contact before the pass got there, so I'm not that bothered with that call. However, Goodson looked like he was held on Dalvin's first long run and Dj reader looked like he was held on Dalvin's 2nd run. I just saw jersey'w being pulled pretty good on both of those.

time to bring back the tear away jerseys

Nov 8, 2015, 2:49 PM

The player with the best chance to grab Cook on the touchdown run was held.

You could see Clemson jerseys being pulled on almost every passing play.

For some reason, the refs just won't call holding this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,588
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic