Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about offers to a recruit:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Question about offers to a recruit:

Jun 11, 2018, 6:48 PM

It seems Bama offers every 3 star but rarely sign any of these guys. I hear they get non-committable offers from Bama, but don’t know what that is.

Is a non-commitable offer something like: “you are #5 on our position board, we will only take you if 1, 2, and 3 go elsewhere.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about 4?***

Jun 11, 2018, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assumed there is a numbers game, and only 3 not 4

Jun 11, 2018, 6:59 PM

have to go elsewhere. Assume it could also be 2,3,and 4, or 1,2 and 4 etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about offers to a recruit:

Jun 11, 2018, 6:52 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/201519-college-football-recruiting-101-the-offer-game-how-it-all-works

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/5/23/4359776/alabama-recruiting-nick-saban-admits-offers-committable

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 7:50 PM

The "25 signing rule" was instituted many years ago because some schools were signing as many as 100 recruits. Everyone knows signing an unlimited number of recruits can only lead to a weeding out process and create chaos for both the school and the recruit. Pittsburgh, signing more than 100 recruits one year, was probably the catalyst for the implementation of the 25 rule but there were many other schools that were abusing the process. The "25 rule", along with the 85 scholarship limitation, has done more for parity in collegiate football than many of the other rules.

I call the huge number of offers we see today as the "just in case rule". As the article points out, just in case we don't sign our top priorities, these are our "fall back" guys. Even Clemson appears to have offered more prospects this year than they have in the past and very likely will hand out more offers before signing day.

Sometimes I wonder if some coaches hand out an offer as a courtesy to a friend with no intention of accepting an offer or know full well the player receiving the offer has no intention of attending that school. I somehow get the feeling Dabo's offer to Morris' son would fit this assumption. I could be entirely wrong and Dabo would gladly accept his commitment.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 9:29 PM

I read somewhere that oversigning by Alabama is what drive Georgia Tech out of the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic