Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about moving the fences in.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Question about moving the fences in.

Jun 4, 2013, 4:26 PM

Do we get to move them back out when the other team is at bat? Otherwise, wouldn't this be counter-productive seeing as how most teams hit more HRs than we do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Question about moving the fences in.

Jun 4, 2013, 4:28 PM

Absolutely, they are putting rails under the fences as we speak!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and I'm ALL FOR using a baseball that doesn't have

Jun 4, 2013, 4:30 PM

raised seams, as long as we are the only team that gets to use it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Will it take away our unique hill warning track?

Jun 4, 2013, 4:32 PM

If so I would like to see it replaced with a moat with sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their heads.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will it take away our unique hill warning track?

Jun 4, 2013, 4:42 PM

That will work also as long as the sharks are trained not to attack Orange!

Here's a thought....

Jun 4, 2013, 5:24 PM

rather than spending thousands of dollars unnecessarily to modify BTF, a change that will also benefit our oppoents (many of whom actually hit a respectible number of home runs already), how about going out and recruiting some power hitters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Question about moving the fences in.

Jun 4, 2013, 5:33 PM

Finally, somebody gets it!!!!!!!

The fences aren't coming in...

Jun 4, 2013, 6:11 PM

but home plate will be moved out from the wall about 10 feet when the work on the field is done. And the bases and pitching rubber were removed yesterday. The hill in the outfield will remain, however, it will be consistent all the way around the field. By moving home plate out, the fair poles also have to be moved in towards center field, meaning the left field fair pole will likely be right in front of a seat. The auxiliary scoreboard will be moved nearer the bullpen and the visitor's bullpen will be right next to the dugout. I'm not real crazy about this idea because if the minor league ball is also used, then scores will more resemble the "gorilla ball" era of the late 90s. Coach LeCroy told me a while back that center field is more like 394 feet and not 400, so moving home plate out makes it more like 385. Granted, the wind makes it play bigger, but that's still pretty small.

Re: The fences aren't coming in...

Jun 4, 2013, 6:15 PM

deroberts is going to jump all over you for questioning this move.

I agree with you I think it is being made to hastily. Should wait till the ball change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 4, 2013, 7:05 PM

problem is the ball change wont happen till 15 at the earliest from what I've read. I am assuming if you can move it in you can move it back if you need to once the ball changes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really...

Jun 4, 2013, 11:43 PM

moving home plate, which is what Clemson is doing, requires a complete renovation of the field because everything changes. The mound has to move, the infield has to move and the area around home plate has to move, not to mention the right and left field lines.

Which is why I believe....

Jun 5, 2013, 9:30 AM

this is a rediculously foolish and completely unnecessary change not to mention a complete waste of resources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 5, 2013, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: The fences aren't coming in... ]

You probably can but why even make the change right now our park suites our team make up. Why not just wait till 2015 and see what the new ball will bring. We arent talking about 10 years down the road.

null

Jun 5, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: The fences aren't coming in... ]

I'm unaware of the "ball change". Are they going to the rubber coach pitch ball or something? Wouldn't surprise given the NCAA agenda to pussify everything. I look for flag football to be implemented in the next 10 yrs....

Jun 5, 2013, 11:53 AM

Going to a ball that is harder. Will be closer to the ball the minor leagues use.

null

The real aswer lies here

Jun 5, 2013, 11:53 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic