Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about fatigue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,509

Question about fatigue

Dec 26, 2015, 7:18 PM

There is a lot of talk about how we played 10 games straight and our guys are exhausted... But in the NFL, 10 games straight is just part of the normal season. I know they obviously condition more and it becomes their full time job to prepare for such a long season, but is the whole "10 games straight" reasoning for why our defense has struggled some as of late valid for guys who will be playing full NFL seasons in less than a year from now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL players dont have to deal with School***

Dec 26, 2015, 7:19 PM

Re: NFL players dont have to deal with School***

Dec 26, 2015, 7:22 PM

Good point, didn't even really think about that

More importantly, the other teams we played, DID NOT play

Dec 26, 2015, 8:18 PM

ten in a row....

Maybe instead of needing rest they need more

Dec 26, 2015, 7:25 PM

healing...or maybe some are saying they're one in the same. I think guys like Lawson, Boulware and Ray Ray are loving the rest.

Re: Question about fatigue

Dec 26, 2015, 7:43 PM

SIMPLE SOLUTION.......play the 1st team offence the whole 4th qt, and the problem
would not have been a factor......&&&&& Watson would have had 1500 more yds...my
point being , check out Henry, he always played in the 4th, and look what he put on
the bds...I feel our way is best....go tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 26, 2015, 8:15 PM

I don't watch a lot of nfl but aren't they typically deeper than we are at those positions? Boulware and shaq had a tremendous number of snaps and unfortunately not sharing them a whole lot. I think we've been lucky not to have more serious injuries this year minus mike of course and it sounds like the ones we had should respond well to rest. Looking forward to bb and sl flying around the field. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2015, 8:17 PM

I believe NFL games are generally shorter but still you hear about the rookie wall that most reach about 12-13 games into the season.

10 games straight + lack of depth = fatigue

Dec 26, 2015, 8:39 PM

Add the wear and tear, playing injured, and carrying the #1 banner...you are going to have some bruised and tired defenders regardless the sport.

We will see a difference on Thursday.
Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fatigue is a greater factor when...

Dec 27, 2015, 11:57 AM

Most of last year's starting defense is playing on Sundays this year. We have outstanding starting talent, but our depth is a bit depleted. Therefore the starters are pretty worn out now.

The most important thing to take away from all this is we are AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. To go undefeated in the regular season after replacing nearly the entire starting defense is tremendous. It bodes very well for the future. And with several weeks of rest, this defense has a very real shot at running the table and winning a national championship.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 12:00 PM

Counting the ACC CG, Clemson played 11 straight without a week off.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,509
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic