Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Streeter/Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Question about Streeter/Watson

Aug 5, 2015, 10:38 PM

Ill admit I dont know much about the new QB coach. Its obvious he made a positive impact on Stoudt and I believe he can do great with Kelly/Isreal/Schuessler. But I wonder if he can bring anything to the table with the talent and natural ability that Watson has. Could his "coaching" hinder or change Watson's game in a negative way? I ask this because I see him working one on one with DW4 in the practice photos.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you do know that he played here, right?

Aug 5, 2015, 10:44 PM

and he's probably working one on one with DW4 b/c he is the QB coach

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: you do know that he played here, right?

Aug 5, 2015, 10:47 PM

Yes i know he played here. What im saying is that when he played he obviously did not posses the skill level that Watson does. I just wonder how he could help watson improve?

I know this about Streeter...

Aug 5, 2015, 10:52 PM

He's one of the toughest guys to ever play here... if there's anyone that's gonna be able to tell DW "you can play through it", or "get back out there"... it's him.

He's experienced, and his coaching resume is pretty solid. Not only is he a Tiger, but he also comes highly recommended. Kudos to Dabo for bringing him in.

Talent level does not = being able to improve and develop a player

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I know this about Streeter...

Aug 5, 2015, 10:55 PM

Glad to know he's a tough son-of-a-gun. Good football attitude for sure. Thanks for easing my mind on that one.

We used to give out the Brandon Streeter award to the

Aug 6, 2015, 5:31 AM

Clemson student athlete that played toughest through an injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this about Streeter...

Aug 5, 2015, 11:00 PM [ in reply to I know this about Streeter... ]

Remember when he played the next week after he dislocated his hip?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was it shoulder or hip? like i said

Aug 5, 2015, 11:11 PM

one of the toughest guys out there

And how did he play in the Bowl game so soon after breaking

Aug 6, 2015, 1:40 AM

his collar bone.... Nothing but respect for Brandon Streeter! The Ben Boulware of the offense the years he was here as QB.

hip...against GT***

Aug 6, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to was it shoulder or hip? like i said ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Aug 5, 2015, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: you do know that he played here, right? ]

Reed was never as good as Alexander and Scott was never as god of a player as any of our WRs so based on your reasoning we need a whole new staff.

Aug 5, 2015, 10:57 PM

Wait a sec....people use reasoning and logic before posting things on this site? oooopppss

That was a good one! +1 *

Aug 6, 2015, 1:41 AM

Null

Re: Question about Streeter/Watson

Aug 5, 2015, 11:00 PM

Lmao at thought of chad morris as dual threat qb back in the day.

Was he better than Dw4?

Aug 5, 2015, 11:06 PM

No but the Chad is one of the greatest offensive minds in college football. Our entire Offense is based on his foundation.

Aug 6, 2015, 5:23 AM

Or Malzahn's - whom he gives credit to.....

I think it's fairly rare for a 'great' player

Aug 5, 2015, 11:02 PM

to become a coach.

You are really searching for something to worry about.***

Aug 5, 2015, 11:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe this will help...

Aug 6, 2015, 1:37 AM

and this is just his college career... and of note he was like the energizer bunny... I watched him in a home game against Va. Tech. Our Oline was literally have the size of their Dline... He got knocked on his a$$ time and time again and never (and I mean NEVER) backed down.

•Three-time letterman at Clemson from 1997-99. He was Clemson’s starting quarterback the last two years. He played just eight games due to injury as a senior in 1999, helping Tommy Bowden’s first Clemson team to a Peach Bowl bid. He passed for 1,466 yards that season.

•When he graduated, he had broken or tied 11 Tiger records during his career, passing for 3,506 yards and 17 touchdowns.

•A three-time member of the ACC Academic Honor Roll, he became Clemson’s inaugural winner of the Brandon Streeter Award in 1999, which is annually given in his honor to a student-athlete in any sport who has succeeded athletically despite a physical injury.

•His father, Barry, has been the head football coach at Gettysburg College since 1978.

Aug 6, 2015, 7:06 AM

smfh. every player needs to be coached.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brandon Streeter

Aug 6, 2015, 7:18 AM

Is one of my favorite quarterbacks in my years as a fan. One of the toughest and most gritty players I've ever seen. He did lack in arm strength and physical talent, but he more than made up for it with his toughness and tenacity. I always felt we had a chance when he was playing. He got absolutely mauled against Mississippi State in that Peach Bowl game and kept going - was similar to the beating C. Whitehurst took against Texas Tech.

So yea, to answer your question I believe he's more than capable of being a quality coach.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic