Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Hunter Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,434

Question about Hunter Johnson

Dec 15, 2015, 8:56 AM

Would we try to turn him into a dual threat guy? He runs a 4.6 40 but when watching his film seems to be a true pro-style QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Hunter Johnson

Dec 15, 2015, 9:20 AM

I don't thinks so. ScElliot has a good track record with developing an offense around a QB's best attributes (one of the things Morris didn't do exceptionally well). All you have to do is look at how they handled the game plan and Cole in the Russell Athletic Bowl last year (it also helped that Cole played out of his mind in that game). Hunter will have opportunities to run, but ScElliot has proven they can game plan to a particular QB's strengths.

Dec 15, 2015, 9:24 AM

Besides Feaster will be in the backfield next to him

All Hunter will need is an effective zone read to keep folks honest

Deadly arm

Deshaun is a 4.8 type guy so you're saying hunter is

Dec 15, 2015, 9:46 AM

pretty quick? Go back and watch the film. He runs pretty good.Does he have instincts like deshaun...well lets not kid ourselves - who does. But i think hes a great get.

My question is Kelly Bryant, Tucker Israel, Zerrick Cooper.. who's transferring?

Re: Deshaun is a 4.8 type guy so you're saying hunter is

Dec 15, 2015, 9:50 AM

Hopefully NOT Kelly Bryant. I still think he will lead this team after DeShaun, IF DW doesn't stay 4.

Dec 15, 2015, 9:55 AM

On film his running reminds me of Connor Shaw. He can run a straight line pretty quick but doesn't really avoid tacklers really well. He's listed at 4.6 and looks it on film. He just doesn't show the shiftiness to avoid defenders like Deshaun does. I think he's got enough speed to pick up first downs when the pocket collapses, but as far as running a zone-read I don't know. Read plays require quick decision making and the ability to find holes to run through. I don't see him being too comfortable with that right from the get go if he didn't do it in high-school. It may take a couple years of coaching and practice to add that deminsion to his skill set.

null

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,434
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic