Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Football Playoff Expansion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 868

Question about Football Playoff Expansion

Dec 31, 2018, 5:41 PM

I actually think a 4-Team playoff is perfect, but since we live in the generation of participation awards and TeamSEC/Alabama Collective Championship celebration I just want to make sure we have a fair system.

What system would ensure USuck would be happy?    [Results]

8 Teams
16 Teams
32 Teams
64 Teams
128 Teams
Send the Trophy to Everyone
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Football Playoff Expansion

Dec 31, 2018, 5:49 PM

Divide all power 5 teams into 8 divisions and only the champions go to playoffs. No more committes to decide who the four best teams are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just telling it like it is.

Dec 31, 2018, 6:03 PM

Keep it like it is or play a 128 team playoff field.

If there were 8 conferences with 16 team each and four pods per conference with each pod having 4 teams a playoff could start in the 6th or 7th week of conference play. Pod winners play the conference quarter finals, those winners play the conference semi's the the CCG could be held and account for the four playoff finalist. Call it whatever you want.

It could be over before Christmas.

Either that or leave it as it is now. The outcome would be exactly what it is now, Clemson and Bama for the final playoff game.

Any ####### way you shake it Clemson and Alabama are the two best programs in the country and will continue to turn out the two best teams. I don't care and it makes no ####### matter how many games are in the playoff or whoever the #### you let in it's going to be Clemson and Alabama until a couple years after Saban or Dabo leave their present jobs. Maybe more than that according to who replaces them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eight team playoff would be fine.***

Dec 31, 2018, 6:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic