Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Basketball games ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Question about Basketball games ..

Dec 5, 2018, 7:48 AM

When watching the games on TV, there doesn't seem to be many people in the stadium. With Sweet 16 run last year, would have expected a larger turnout for games. Just curious about the situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask yourself, why are you not at the game ?***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

So, let me get this right...

Dec 5, 2018, 8:13 AM

You're sitting at home watching games and wondering why others aren't going out to a mid-week game where Clemson is playing St. Peters?

Yep. Sitting at home in Dallas TX.***

Dec 5, 2018, 5:34 PM

Re: Question about Basketball games ..

Dec 5, 2018, 8:54 AM

It is nowhere near as bad as it used to be...at least they have students in front of the camera. That used to be empty seats. Still, Clemson need to do a better job getting the community to attend games, especially during the week when alums can't travel.

Simply put, it was a home game against a 3,000 unknown Catholic school on a Tuesday night. I just don't have time for that. We will not have a home weekend game til Radford/Lipscomb. Uggg. This year is especially bad as there is at least one/two Saturday home games by early Dec. Not this year.

For me, I take my son to home games on the weekend. It is a 2.5 hour drive... and dealing with a 3 year old (and a 6 month old younger sibling), I am not making a trek out on a weeknight. Sorry. That is what internet/TV is for if I can find it

However, I do go to the local D1 basketball games/arena. It is a good place to let the 3yo run off energy. The trick is that it is $15 total for the fam to drive 15 minutes. All he want to do is watch the shoot around high-five the mascot so that is mostly what we do. Go for the first half, sometimes make it to the end.

Dec 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

I think it will pick up on the weekends and/or when ACC play starts. I have season tickets and missed the last two due to illness. Flu is going around!

I keep seeing all the threads about how there is no one at the game. When you are there it seems decently full and loud. When they did the giveaways for the first two games the student sections were packed!

I wonder if what everyone is complaining about are the colesieum club seats. Most of those people are in the lounge eating and drinking and the grey seats behind the students look empty.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has been discussed to death, even by mack plykers

Dec 5, 2018, 12:59 PM

Who blames yankees.

The truth is, it is up to the students.

There are so many basketball Games at night and on the weekdays that only the students can logistically make it to them all.

Basketball simply isn't as popular as football and Clemson even struggles to get students to go to those

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The Club section is also a walking abortion***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about Basketball games .. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Despite all the excuses

Dec 5, 2018, 1:00 PM

people use for our poor basketball attendance, including the fact that we are a football school, it's a mid-week game, it's an unknown opponent, it's exam week, our style isn't fun to watch, etc., the reality is that basketball is a harder sell because it isn't an experience.

Football games are an experience. Tailgating, drinking, eating, and socializing are the draw for football games for most of the people there. Sure, people enjoy cheering and watching the players play, but how many people would show up routinely for Clemson football games if it weren't a "thing?" It would be a LOT less.

In contrast, people go to basketball games for one reason only: to watch basketball. It isn't about socializing, tailgating, or any of that. You go to watch the team and cheer for them. That makes it a tougher sell, whether you're in Clemson or anywhere else.

With that said, I do find it frustrating that we are coming off of one of our best seasons in Clemson basketball history, with most of our players back from last year, and attendance has been pathetic thus far.

Proverbs 16:18

Truthfully, they ruined LittleJohn with the new redo...It is

Dec 5, 2018, 1:08 PM

the equivalent of a generic Civic Center now...Prolly better suited for Graduations and dogshows, but lacking for basketball

Re: Truthfully, they ruined LittleJohn with the new redo...It is

Dec 5, 2018, 1:11 PM

SMH, GUESSED YOU HAVE MISSED EVERY OPPONENT AND MEDIA PERSON RAVE ABOUT WHAT WAS DONE WITH THE RENOVATIONS. KELLY GRAMLICH, WHO PLAYED HERE IF YOU DID NOT KNOW, SAID IT IS NOW TOP 4 IN THE ACC IN FACILITIES.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am merely speaking about the fan side of the renovation

Dec 5, 2018, 1:26 PM

and have said so many times you stupid mutherfucker, now take your head out of your ### and take the cap locks off

Re: I am merely speaking about the fan side of the renovation

Dec 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

SO, YOU HAVE ONE OF THE LARGEST VIDEO BOARDS IN THE COUNTRY, BRAND NEW SEATS TO SIT IN, CLEAN REST ROOMS, AND NICE CONCESSION STANDS. WHAT IS IT AS A FAN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. CANT WAIT TO HEAR THIS ANSWER. NICE NAME CALLING BY THE WAY THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED.

caps lock is still on ret@rd

Dec 5, 2018, 3:06 PM

shocker...you're a tattletale

Dec 5, 2018, 1:13 PM

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO WERE NOT AT THE GAME TO HELP FILL IT UP ARE HOME WATCHING IT ON TV. JUST A GUESS.

Dec 5, 2018, 5:32 PM

What the heck man?!?! Why so upset? I live in Dallas, TX. So I was hoping fellow Tigers who are closer and privileged to be able to attend games could give me some insight.

The biggest problem in these type of games is the

Dec 5, 2018, 3:22 PM

seat nazi's. Don't think about moving down from your corner upperdeck EZ seats just because there are 7K seats available below you.

CUAD should just have open seating after, say 8 minutes into the 1st half to allow for a crowd close to the floor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: The biggest problem in these type of games is the

Dec 5, 2018, 8:11 PM

Wilbur is absolutely correct. There have been lines of students outside during games when there were dozens of empty seats inside. Years ago a group of doctors had season tickets for the rest of our row. Those seats were used only for the UNC and Duke games. I agree those seats should be available at the ten minute mark of the first half.

The year we played in Greenville there were several games where they invited people to move closer to the court at halftime so it would look better on TV.

Holy Crap is there a lot of hostility...

Dec 5, 2018, 5:29 PM

Guess I should have mentioned I live in Dallas TX, so me going to a a basketball game would be difficult. Watch when I can and was just curious about support for the team.

Cannot believe the hostility of some of the responses.

And I have been a TigerNet reader long enough to expect the next response will include the phrase " You coot".

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic