Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website

Aug 29, 2020, 5:45 PM

For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website

Aug 29, 2020, 5:59 PM

Like this?

https://www.infowars.com/texas-county-drops-from-4600-active-covid-cases-to-under-100-after-audit/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 8:09 PM

Please tell me that you're intelligent enough to understand that the Texas change was nothing more than the county hadn't followed up to close out cases. There the same number of cases as there had been...no more. No one bases any parameters on the number of active cases because they know that these numbers aren't updated.

Aug 30, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website ]

You know if its info wars, its good data

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its funny that you think infowars is any different than

Aug 31, 2020, 9:13 AM

all these other information hubs.... huffpo, vox, politico, msnbc, etc. They're all just skewing the information for their preferred candidates. Its just a rotten stew of mis information. And we all choose which one makes us the happiest. And they know that and cater to our insecurity.

BTW looks like Alex Jones was right on this one

Aug 31, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website ]

oh the humanity!!

Almost like it was designed to kill us old and weak.

Aug 29, 2020, 6:16 PM

Those that ole Adolph might call the "Untermensch."

So people with poorer health are more likely to die than healthy people?***

Aug 29, 2020, 6:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the weird thing is poor people have it worse than rich people.

Aug 29, 2020, 8:33 PM

How fair is that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: So people with poorer health are more likely to die than healthy people?***

Aug 29, 2020, 8:36 PM [ in reply to So people with poorer health are more likely to die than healthy people?*** ]

lovingit® said:

When also people under the age of 18 don’t die at all from it. .4-1% mortality reported for the age of 18-under.

Aug 29, 2020, 8:11 PM

More than 2/3 of normal death certificates have more than one contributing factors. This is not anything new. Covid-19 causes a lot of patients to develop pneumonia, so guess what is often on the death certificate as well.

Isn't the issue that covid is being counted as cause of death

Aug 29, 2020, 8:16 PM

even if it wasn't (absolutely or not at all) the cause of death?

Actually it doesn't

Aug 29, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Another weird "slight" change/update on CDC Website ]

They've had to pad(LIE) their numbers in order to keep the Sheep in line

Question

Aug 29, 2020, 9:15 PM

If your company told you, “one of our employees is sick, they have COVID, you need to go get them and take them to the hospital. You’ll only be with them for about 90 minutes”.

Would you do it?

Yes, of course. In a heartbeat.***

Aug 30, 2020, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is that an employee a friend of mine? If so i definitely

Aug 30, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Question ]

would.

OTOH if it was just my boss telling me to go pick up some rando employee that has COVID i would almost certainly refuse.

Re: Is that an employee a friend of mine? If so i definitely

Aug 30, 2020, 10:46 PM

Yes, that was the question. It was the boss’ friend.

Re: Actually it doesn't

Aug 30, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Actually it doesn't ]

I find it a bit insulting to say that medical professionals are lying. Speaking of sheeple... Take a look at TOTAL monthly deaths in the US in 2020 and then look at total monthly deaths in the US in 2019. When I checked that data around July or so, there were about 150k extra deaths in 2020. Sheeple consume information that aligns with their preconceived notions without question; critical thinkers use data. Guess what, those medical professionals use data. You can too.

Aug 30, 2020, 11:17 PM

You are correct. I did the same search of deaths from Jan -Aug. The increase is there.
I fully believe that COVID has been politicized, but I don’t understand why people are bent out of shape because someone is counted as a COVID death simply because they had other conditions. If I have terminal cancer, but die in a car wreck, it is the car wreck that killed me.

Aug 30, 2020, 11:44 PM

But in the scenario you describe should cancer be listed as a comorbidity? Because the CDC numbers for Covid deaths include any deaths where Covid is present regardless of whether it is a/the underlying cause. We do not track cancer in the same manner. If you’re so inclined look the WHO guidelines for death certification. The aggregate numbers in the U.S. are for underlying causes AND other conditions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually it doesn't ]

If the cancer affected your cognitive or visual abilities and did it while driving, resulting in the wreck, then it counts as a co-morbidity.

Aug 31, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually it doesn't ]

But if you get in a car wreck and then die from a post op infection, the infection killed you but the underlying reason you died was the car wreck.

Aug 31, 2020, 6:59 PM

Congrats. You've finally discovered that Covid-19 is more deadly to people with comorbidities. It only took you 5-6 months into the pandemic to do that. The rest of us knew that in March.

At that rate I give it 2-3 years for you to figure out why this isn't "padding the death count".

Message was edited by: tigerfan22334®

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic