Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: If we had went undefeated and ended up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Question: If we had went undefeated and ended up

Jan 2, 2013, 1:37 PM

playing Bama or ND for the national title and came to play with the kind of determination we had the other night, would we win or be overmatched?

I think we win. I just dont see either of those team being head and shoulders above LSU. IMO LSU was the best team we faced all year and we showed we can compete on the top most level. That LSU D, was really good. I think if we had played either FSU or SC monday, we win. I dont know whther its the full contact D thats been going on or what but they sure did a 180 on the defense. That kind of D wins either of those losses if we played today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: If we had went undefeated and ended up

Jan 2, 2013, 1:40 PM

Honestly I think there are multiple teams better than both Bama and ND. I think ND deserves to be in the championship for going undefeated. Bama is the next choice because of SEC wins the last few years but I'm not sure either is the best right now.

null

I would like to hear who those teams are. I don't think

Jan 2, 2013, 1:48 PM

that ND/Bama are head and shoulders above everyone else by any means, but who is actually better?

Oregon? They got manhandled up front by Stanford and that totally shut down their offense. The same thing would likely happen against Bama, ND or even teams like Florida.

K State? They are 95% Klein on offense, and live by forcing TOs on defense, particularly INTs. Saban would shut Klein down and Bama just doesn't turn the ball over. This is also a team that got absolutely hammered at Baylor.

Stanford? A good hard-nosed team, but they are basically a lesser version of Bama.

Who else?

Had went????

Jan 2, 2013, 1:41 PM

English fail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like a give a rip***

Jan 2, 2013, 1:46 PM

I think Clemson would have played with anyone in the country

Jan 2, 2013, 1:43 PM

the way they played Monday. It was by far the most complete game for them. That being said, squeaked out a 1 point win on a last second field goal against a team with almost no offense all season. Still I think Clemson would make a game of it with ANYONE if they brought that intensity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: If we had went undefeated and ended up

Jan 2, 2013, 2:34 PM

According to your Coach, you did win the National Championship Monday.

Congratulations.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND, yes, Bama, no.***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I loved the win and I love my tigers...

Jan 2, 2013, 2:53 PM

I don't think that ND or Bama would make the mistake of not running time off of the clock. I think that the play calling on the LSU side was questionable and helped us out tremendously. I'll take a W all day long and especially one over LSU. It's all just speculation and idle chat for now but in my opinion I think that the coaching is slightly better for Bama and ND and that would have made difference between a W and an L.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would obliterate ND. Bama would be just as tough as

Jan 2, 2013, 3:28 PM

LSU.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic